Why I am opposed to public nudity

Page 1 of 51234>Last »
September 3rd, 2017 at 5:43:00 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Paris opened a new clothing optional zone in a public park. Immediately people who should be prohibited by law from being naked in the privacy of their own homes came to celebrate.
September 3rd, 2017 at 7:05:31 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I think the other side would argue that public nudity isn't about looking at others or them looking at you but just being naked.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 3rd, 2017 at 6:21:32 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
As the Advice Columnist replied to "Is it good form for a military wife to wear a mini skirt?" : "If your form is a good form, yes."

Mini skirts were great... until 65 year old women weighing in a 300 pounds started wearing them.

It used to be that girls were not permitted to engage in indecent exposure of the ankles, now they can often be topless and sometimes totally nude.

Nude beaches or Clothing Optional beaches and resorts abound.

I think those who have been nudists for years get immune to the elderly or overweight nudes.

At many communes various degrees of nudity are still practiced.

I don't think its just 'being naked' but interacting with others as a naked person.
September 3rd, 2017 at 7:44:43 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
I don't think its just 'being naked' but interacting with others as a naked person.
If it is just one person that's nude, it's called streaking. Two three or or more are nudists.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 3rd, 2017 at 8:36:27 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Wizard
I think the other side would argue that public nudity isn't about looking at others or them looking at you but just being naked.

No doubt.

Still for a city famous for celebrating the nude as an art form for more than a century, it is quite a let down.
September 4th, 2017 at 1:06:51 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
Paris opened a new clothing optional zone in a public park. Immediately people who should be prohibited by law from being naked in the privacy of their own homes came to celebrate.

You can more easily avoid offending your sensibilities by avoiding that area, than by restricting the rights of these people.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 4th, 2017 at 3:42:08 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Nareed
You can more easily avoid offending your sensibilities by avoiding that area, than by restricting the rights of these people.

I second that.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 4th, 2017 at 3:46:23 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67

As long as it is a private place set apart for them then I agree. Public nudity as in the public area is offensive.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 4th, 2017 at 6:19:55 PM permalink
Pacomartin

Quote: Wizard
I second that.
.. people who should be prohibited by law from being naked in the privacy of their own homes came to celebrate.

When David Letterman was a guest on the Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson, he was talking about experiences on a nude beach while vacationing in the Bahamas: "Johnny, there were people there who shouldn't be allowed to be naked in the privacy of their own homes".

I think you are taking my comments seriously. It was just a chance to use one of my favorite David Letterman jokes.
I guess in my mind I hear a comedy routine, but when you read my comments you think I am being a prude.

20 December 1979 (time 2:04)

I think this episode is a very famous one, because a 32 year old David had appeared on Johnny Carson 5 times, and was guest host 15 times. With that many appearances his future was looking a lot brighter, as he was in talks to host his own show the following year. He bought his first house. He was telling Johnny about people who go to a nude beach near his new home.

His daytime show only lasted 4 months, but with Johnny Carson's help he got a second Late Night Show.
September 4th, 2017 at 6:57:06 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Their rights are already restricted since they can only be nude in designated ghettos. Why can't they go where ever they want nude?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 51234>Last »