Why I am opposed to public nudity

Page 2 of 5<12345>
September 4th, 2017 at 7:06:53 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: kenarman
Their rights are already restricted since they can only be nude in designated ghettos. Why can't they go where ever they want nude?

Because we are civilized and we respect other people.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 4th, 2017 at 7:33:56 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Their rights are already restricted since they can only be nude in designated ghettos. Why can't they go where ever they want nude?

Good point. I respect the owners of any private property to set their own rules. As for public places, let each municipality decide for itself.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 4th, 2017 at 8:05:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: FrGamble
As long as it is a private place set apart for them then I agree. Public nudity as in the public area is offensive.
Are you offended by public breast feeding, if the woman makes an attempt to be discreet?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 4th, 2017 at 8:06:28 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Because we are civilized and we respect other people.

"Civilized" is completely subjective Padre, everyone on this board will have a different definition of civilized. As for "respect" that is a completely lost notion in the world today. How much respect do most people on this board or on the street have for anyone that hold beliefs that don't agree with them.

There are much worse things on the street of any large city today than a nude. Shooting up, sleeping on the street in your own bodily fluids, hookers fulfilling their contract in public places, shootings, knives, fights, aggressive panhandling. None of these actions can be prevented with any success. But just try and park where you aren't supposed to.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 4th, 2017 at 8:07:00 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: petroglyph
Are you offended by public breast feeding, if the woman makes an attempt to be discreet?

Not in the least bit offended.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 4th, 2017 at 8:14:31 PM permalink
FrGamble
"Civilized" is completely subjective Padre, everyone on this board will have a different definition of civilized. As for "respect" that is a completely lost notion in the world today. How much respect do most people on this board or on the street have for anyone that hold beliefs that don't agree with them.

There are much worse things on the street of any large city today than a nude. Shooting up, sleeping on the street in your own bodily fluids, hookers fulfilling their contract in public places, shootings, knives, fights, aggressive panhandling. None of these actions can be prevented with any success. But just try and park where you aren't supposed to.

That is true in regards to civilized and what its definition is. However, I reckon there are some parts of the definition that we can all agree on, such as wearing clothes. It is not only more healthy but practical in a myriad of ways. Nudists are nudists I imagine for their recreation and so they can relax, more power to them. I believe they can do this on private property or places that are set aside for those who desire to be naked. Those who want to walk naked down the street or in Times Square don't seem to be doing their own private hobby to relax, they are being exhibitionists, which I imagine any real nudist would shun.

I also really like your point about all the other awful things that go on in the cities that people and police turn a blind eye to. I wish one day a month all the parking enforcers would walk the streets ticketing people for throwing trash, fighting, and helping the homeless get to a place for a good meal, clean clothes, and a bed.
September 4th, 2017 at 8:27:18 PM permalink
kenarman
That is true in regards to civilized and what its definition is. However, I reckon there are some parts of the definition that we can all agree on, such as wearing clothes. It is not only more healthy but practical in a myriad of ways. Nudists are nudists I imagine for their recreation and so they can relax, more power to them. I believe they can do this on private property or places that are set aside for those who desire to be naked. Those who want to walk naked down the street or in Times Square don't seem to be doing their own private hobby to relax, they are being exhibitionists, which I imagine any real nudist would shun.

I also really like your point about all the other awful things that go on in the cities that people and police turn a blind eye to. I wish one day a month all the parking enforcers would walk the streets ticketing people for throwing trash, fighting, and helping the homeless get to a place for a good meal, clean clothes, and a bed.

Restricting the actions of a minority in public is a very slippery slope Padre. The opposite action is now very common. Many people now want to live in a secure and sanitized location so they don't have to deal with the actions of others that they don't agree with. Society usually is attacking these locations as elitist and/or racist.
September 4th, 2017 at 8:29:48 PM permalink
FrGamble
Restricting the actions of a minority in public is a very slippery slope Padre. The opposite action is now very common. Many people now want to live in a secure and sanitized location so they don't have to deal with the actions of others that they don't agree with. Society usually is attacking these locations as elitist and/or racist.

I think we are pretty safe in asking people to wear clothes in public. As I mentioned there are numerous public health and others reasons that benefit everyone.
September 4th, 2017 at 9:22:14 PM permalink
kenarman
I think we are pretty safe in asking people to wear clothes in public. As I mentioned there are numerous public health and others reasons that benefit everyone.

I would be interested in you list of "other reasons that benefit everyone".
September 4th, 2017 at 9:47:22 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

David Kelly in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

David Kelly realized the comic potential of being in the all-together in a movie at the age of 70. You had to give him credit for doing anything for a laugh.

The film was called "Waking Ned Devine" (1999) and I highly recommend it.

Page 2 of 5<12345>