6 votes (75%)
2 votes (25%)
No votes (0%)

8 members have voted

September 7th, 2017 at 5:19:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: zippyboy
The other night on the news was a Hispanic cop who was worried about being sent back to Mexico. Said he came here as a child, graduated HS, went into LE and made something of his life and doesn't think he should be deported. My question is...he had 20 years to become a US citizen and he didn't do it? Now he's worried? How did he become a cop if he's not even a citizen? How does he get paid if he has no Social security number? Can illegal aliens like him, even with DACA, get a SS#?

And this is why I do not buy the claims of these folks.

The background check on being a cop alone should have stopped him right there.
The President is a fink.
September 7th, 2017 at 5:28:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
The other night on the news was a Hispanic cop who was worried about being sent back to Mexico. Said he came here as a child, graduated HS, went into LE and made something of his life and doesn't think he should be deported. My question is...he had 20 years to become a US citizen and he didn't do it? Now he's worried? How did he become a cop if he's not even a citizen? How does he get paid if he has no Social security number? Can illegal aliens like him, even with DACA, get a SS#?

Stephen Colbert tweeted something funny, but I don't remember it exactly..."If you repeal DACA to MAGA, then you full of CACA."
How did the cop not get the irony of law enforcement, whilst being continually breaking the law himself?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 7th, 2017 at 5:29:50 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
USA today says there are 25,000 non USA citizens in the military.
September 7th, 2017 at 5:37:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin

Wow
They all deserve automatic citizenship upon honorable discharge.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 7th, 2017 at 5:50:48 PM permalink
petroglyph
We are already replacing citizens with mercs. http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/the-latest-attempt-to-win-the-afghan-war-replace-the-soldiers-with-mercenaries_08082017

If we have to have war, I'm all for outsourcing it. But we should put it out to the lowest bidder.
September 7th, 2017 at 6:02:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
Wow
They all deserve automatic citizenship upon honorable discharge.
I prefer everyone be eligible for the draft, and everyone spend some time in service to their country. Enough of this bullcrap world policing, invading, occupying, and hostility around the world. The sooner the Trumps, Clintons and Bush's kids have to go to battle, the sooner we as a country will look at this craziness and put a stop to it.

By sweeping it under the rug, hiding who has to serve, and even putting people that can't complain [illegals] into service the insanity will continue. It would be cheaper to give every illegal person citizenship, and stop the hostility, than have secret wars all over the globe with unknowns doing the fighting.
September 7th, 2017 at 6:12:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
I prefer everyone be eligible for the draft, and everyone spend some time in service to their country. Enough of this bullcrap world policing, invading, occupying, and hostility around the world. The sooner the Trumps, Clintons and Bush's kids have to go to battle, the sooner we as a country will look at this craziness and put a stop to it.

You think their kids are going to war?

The Al Gore theme song in 2000.......

The President is a fink.
September 7th, 2017 at 6:14:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman

Noncitizen <> illegal alien.

I do not think 1% is a big deal. More than a few people want to join the US Forces because their is more action and better training than most things going. I imagine a few Canadians feel this way.
The President is a fink.
September 7th, 2017 at 7:24:08 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
How does he get paid if he has no Social security number? Can illegal aliens like him, even with DACA, get a SS#?

This is something I know something about. One of my first jobs out of college was a claims adjuster for Social Security. I worked out of an office in Huntington Park CA, which is overwhelmingly Mexican, and much of them, illegal. I couldn't help but learn a thing or two about this along the way, although it was never directly taught.

If I'm not mistaken, anybody can walk into a Social Security office and with any kind of ID ask for a "non-work" number. This means somebody who is here in the country, somehow, and needs a Social Security number for the many purposes they are used for outside of government, but not for work purposes. Such Social Security numbers (and correct me if I'm wrong) begin with a 7.

If someone works under these non-work numbers, they get full credit for having vested into the system. I took many claims from people with non-work numbers. Furthermore, if said people did get legal status, they could get a normal number and transfer their credits over.

I would summarize all this by saying that many people who are here illegally here can vest into Social Security if they know what to do, and it isn't hard to do that. It is not Social Security's job to enforce immigration law. If you paid into the system, then you can take out of it.

What may annoy the conservatives on the forum is that many illegal immigrants work under a false number and can still get full credit for it. If they can prove they actually did the work and paid the taxes, perhaps by check stubs, Social Security, at a great cost of time, can split off said work under the reported number to a legitimate one.

In conclusion, I think a lot of illegal aliens fear the system more than they need to. It is not difficult at all to get a Social Security number. You pretty much need any proof of identity and you're good to go, no other questions asked. Like I wrote before, as long as they stay on the good side of the law, nobody from the government is going to bother you.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 7th, 2017 at 7:46:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
You think their kids are going to war?
Not so much.

"How can you shoot women and children"? It's easy, you just don't lead them as much. starts at 1;30

Page 3 of 4<1234>