How to win a war on drugs

Page 1 of 212>
September 26th, 2017 at 8:04:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Interesting article: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/opinion/sunday/portugal-drug-decriminalization.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fopinion

(If you can't see it, try opening it in an incognito window.)

What needs to change at a fundamental level is attitude. essentially it means answering this question: Is reducing the use of drugs more important than punishing people for using drugs?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 26th, 2017 at 8:11:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
NO. Punishing people is more important and having an antidrug infrastructure is more important. It is not a medical problem.
September 26th, 2017 at 9:52:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I always thought it would be an interesting plot device for perhaps a Netflix series to show say the Mexican government poisoning the USA drug supply at the source. Something with a delayed fuse, like use heavy metals or radiation. Show the moral dilemma, the mixed emotions of the population.
The President is a fink.
September 26th, 2017 at 9:53:32 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
The goal of the wod isn't to eradicate narcotics, it's to keep the price up. Since the west occupied AFG, production is up 3000%.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 26th, 2017 at 10:05:33 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
.......a Netflix series to show say the Mexican government poisoning the USA drug supply at the source.
Paraquat Pot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraquat
September 26th, 2017 at 12:15:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph

Nice, but I was thinking of something more sinister, taking months to kill and maybe not even dose dependent, so one line at a Hollywood Hills house party and 4-6 months later you drop dead. Something that attaches to meth, pot, cocaine, and heroin. Think of the plot! Users start dropping dead, no patient zero to find. Because it took so long, the entire drug supply chain is now toxic.

Even have the feds considering making clean drugs to distribute. (Where is Walter White when you need him?!)

Maybe I'd better stop here before the black Econolines show up.
The President is a fink.
September 26th, 2017 at 12:28:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Maybe I'd better stop here before the black Econolines show up.
Hell, they want to hire you. Something needs done.

I don't recall where, but recently I saw the old comment again, "Johnson replaced the black father with a check". That is so sad, and cynical, but some truthiness to it.
September 26th, 2017 at 12:41:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Hell, they want to hire you. Something needs done.

What I mean. They might or the Russians might. I don't have the chemistry but do the strategy, they need high-level thinkers. Or the Russians hire me. Heck, I like Russian women better than American but hate cold weather.

Quote:
I don't recall where, but recently I saw the old comment again, "Johnson replaced the black father with a check". That is so sad, and cynical, but some truthiness to it.

Walter Williams I think, Limbaugh has the link today. It is true. Johnson wanted to lock up the black vote so he did it by dependency.

Over 20 years ago I was assigned to ride with this black guy to give him some extra training. He was a good guy, just not catching on fast enough. He was telling me about his girlfriend. I will never forget his quote. He said, "Do you know how hard it is to find a single black woman in her 20s who's life is not a complete disaster?"
The President is a fink.
September 26th, 2017 at 1:32:40 PM permalink
petroglyph
Heck, I like Russian women better than American but hate cold weather.
Ah, but cold weather much better for snuggling. https://www.cqmi.ca/en/russian-dating-news-cqmi/item/65-the-main-differences-between-western-and-slavic-women-cqmi

I was so glad to meet a woman, that wanted to be a woman . What a wonderful companion and wife. Luck on my part for sure, but if anyone was actually, looking for a female partner, from my perspective I would recommend foreign or Slav women, each to their own. Of course there are still some great American women to be found, but nature being what it is, most of them are already taken and not released, back into the pool.
September 26th, 2017 at 1:51:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Ah, but cold weather much better for snuggling. https://www.cqmi.ca/en/russian-dating-news-cqmi/item/65-the-main-differences-between-western-and-slavic-women-cqmi

I was so glad to meet a woman, that wanted to be a woman . What a wonderful companion and wife. Luck on my part for sure, but if anyone was actually, looking for a female partner, from my perspective I would recommend foreign or Slav women, each to their own. Of course there are still some great American women to be found, but nature being what it is, most of them are already taken and not released, back into the pool.

Mail order bride site 20 years ago said American men known to be best husbands and American women worst wives. Of course exceptions exist. But you nailed it. Today's women don't want to be women. To be fair too few men want to be men. But I find the later a function of the former. MGTOW is s thing for a reason.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 212>