NFL Demonstrations

Page 2 of 14<12345>Last »
September 28th, 2017 at 2:08:38 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 3198
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-28/networks-told-nfl-cameramen-avoid-shots-booing-crowds Out of site out of mind
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
September 28th, 2017 at 2:23:34 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 44
Posts: 4162
Quote: petroglyph
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-28/networks-told-nfl-cameramen-avoid-shots-booing-crowds Out of site out of mind



ALL sports broadcasts
The visiting team is ALWAYS booed and cameras rarely show it
Then again, Bruce Hornsby might be in the house
I remember being in Madison Square Garden seeing the Grateful Dead
Bruce Hornsby showed up to jam with the Dead.
The fans were so happy, everybody was yelling "BRUCE"
Actually sounded like booing :-)
I have a recording of the Concert,
Played it for a friend. He was shocked at what sounded like booing
I said no, everybody is yelling "Bruce" lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 28th, 2017 at 2:39:14 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 345
Posts: 12535
Quote: terapined
ALL sports broadcasts


Oh, don't tell me you tune in to any sporting event for any reason other than to see the people who are watching the game!
Donald Trump is a fucking liar
September 28th, 2017 at 3:08:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 3198
Quote: terapined
Then again, Bruce Hornsby might be in the house.
Love sax, "Just the way it is"
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
September 28th, 2017 at 3:17:45 PM permalink
Mosca
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 20
Posts: 512
None of it bothers me. A guy wants to kneel, it doesn't matter. He wants to stand, that's fine, too.

Did you know that they players weren't even required to be on the field for the anthem until 2009?

Anyhow, I don't see it as disrespectful to anything. The flag, the anthem, the Pledge of Allegiance, they are all symbols. It's all iconography. None of it is sacred. If the country allows a guy the freedom to kneel, then it is pretty hypocritical to chastise him for exercising that freedom, don't you think? Let him be an American.

And the discussion about the right to kneel has now replaced Kaepernick (the original kneeler)'s issue, which is the alarming disparity in treatment between blacks and whites by the police. (An interesting fact: it's not just white officers. Black officers treat black citizens worse than they do white citizens, too.) If the argument is made that kneeling for the anthem before a football game isn't the right place to make that protest, then the follow up question has to be, okay: then when and where is the right place? The answer always seems to be, "Not here." Okay... but where? So that's why I say, let the guy kneel. He is sad for his country. When your loved one is hurt, and in pain, do you stand by the bed, or do you kneel by the bed?
September 28th, 2017 at 3:35:59 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 85
Posts: 1587
Quote: Mosca
None of it bothers me. A guy wants to kneel, it doesn't matter. He wants to stand, that's fine, too.

Did you know that they players weren't even required to be on the field for the anthem until 2009?

Anyhow, I don't see it as disrespectful to anything. The flag, the anthem, the Pledge of Allegiance, they are all symbols. It's all iconography. None of it is sacred. If the country allows a guy the freedom to kneel, then it is pretty hypocritical to chastise him for exercising that freedom, don't you think? Let him be an American.

And the discussion about the right to kneel has now replaced Kaepernick (the original kneeler)'s issue, which is the alarming disparity in treatment between blacks and whites by the police. (An interesting fact: it's not just white officers. Black officers treat black citizens worse than they do white citizens, too.) If the argument is made that kneeling for the anthem before a football game isn't the right place to make that protest, then the follow up question has to be, okay: then when and where is the right place? The answer always seems to be, "Not here." Okay... but where? So that's why I say, let the guy kneel. He is sad for his country. When your loved one is hurt, and in pain, do you stand by the bed, or do you kneel by the bed?


Burning the flag is also a right, but I don't think doing so during the playing of the national anthem at a sporting event that is put on by a national league is the right place for it. Remember, that this is a league that requires players to dress a certain way to ride the bus. I think it is okay for them to require participants to have a certain decorum toward our national symbols.
September 28th, 2017 at 3:57:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 121
Posts: 15600
Quote: Mosca


Anyhow, I don't see it as disrespectful to anything.


Of course it's disrespectful because it's MEANT
to be. Good grief.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 28th, 2017 at 4:07:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 3198
Quote: Evenbob
Of course it's disrespectful because it's MEANT
to be. Good grief.
Might be they are finally being honest. I never believed them when the camera used to pan the team, and they stood, with their hands over their heart.

Pat Tillman, they ain't.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
September 28th, 2017 at 4:57:37 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 44
Posts: 4162
Quote: petroglyph
Might be they are finally being honest. I never believed them when the camera used to pan the team, and they stood, with their hands over their heart.

Pat Tillman, they ain't.


Its just a protest but hardly a disrespectful protest
You got to be a total snowflake to be offended by a knee
Giving the flag the middle finger, now that would be disrespectful. (But still a protected constitutional right)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 28th, 2017 at 5:37:38 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 3198
Quote: terapined
Its just a protest but hardly a disrespectful protest
I don't care. The stupid supporters deserve what they get for ever cheering the rabid graft by the local governments for supporting these stadiums and allowing the NFL to be a tax exempt organization anyway. [until 2014] The sycophantic local politico's chase after any professional team promising teams the keys to the city, and suck the life out of the local taxpayers. It's always been ludicrous to me.

The NHL is still tax exempt. Not to long ago I saw the hockey team in Phoenix is moving on, [because the stadium wasn't grand enough?] and leaving Phoenix saddled with hundreds of millions of debt. How **&** stupid in the first place, to build and ice hockey stadium where the temps get to 120 in the summer. The schools are the lowest invested per student in the nation. The teachers the lowest paid. But at least Tucson has an ice rink, that no one will call home. And these evil politicos that got the funding passed in the first place, and received big money for their wisdom, are never called to bare for the stupid decisions that decimate the local taxpayers. **** them, and all their ilk.

Did you read the link put up over at wov? Where the owner of the Saints team is guaranteed over 24 million dollars per year rain or shine? Like I replied, "this....in a state where sodomy is illegal". People can't see it.

I hoped some day other tax payers would revolt, but it doesn't appear so yet. Vegas is building a stadium for who? The Raiders? hahahahaha. How can people wear jersey's and such for a team that doesn't care one rat's piss about where they are located? And the public schools are in the toilet, while arm chair QB's pound their fat fists in defiance and swear, their not going to take it anymore.

I want Trump to come out tomorrow and order, every single player in the NFL to take the knee, no exceptions. Cuz the taxpayers are taking it in the bum.

Would that be terrible, to order them to take the knee? It's only a knee.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
Page 2 of 14<12345>Last »