NFL Demonstrations

Page 3 of 14<123456>Last »
September 28th, 2017 at 7:30:36 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
I don't care. The stupid supporters deserve what they get for ever cheering the rabid graft by the local governments for supporting these stadiums and allowing the NFL to be a tax exempt organization anyway. [until 2014] The sycophantic local politico's chase after any professional team promising teams the keys to the city, and suck the life out of the local taxpayers. It's always been ludicrous to me.

The NHL is still tax exempt. Not to long ago I saw the hockey team in Phoenix is moving on, [because the stadium wasn't grand enough?] and leaving Phoenix saddled with hundreds of millions of debt. How **&** stupid in the first place, to build and ice hockey stadium where the temps get to 120 in the summer. The schools are the lowest invested per student in the nation. The teachers the lowest paid. But at least Tucson has an ice rink, that no one will call home. And these evil politicos that got the funding passed in the first place, and received big money for their wisdom, are never called to bare for the stupid decisions that decimate the local taxpayers. **** them, and all their ilk.

Did you read the link put up over at wov? Where the owner of the Saints team is guaranteed over 24 million dollars per year rain or shine? Like I replied, "this....in a state where sodomy is illegal". People can't see it.

I hoped some day other tax payers would revolt, but it doesn't appear so yet. Vegas is building a stadium for who? The Raiders? hahahahaha. How can people wear jersey's and such for a team that doesn't care one rat's piss about where they are located? And the public schools are in the toilet, while arm chair QB's pound their fat fists in defiance and swear, their not going to take it anymore.

I totally agree with all of the above.
I support the players and the knee, Its really much ado about nothing. Symbol vs symbol
but
I don't follow football much anymore due to CTE
As to the above
Its sick that City and state politicians to spend obscene amounts of money on the NFL
Take conservative Texas. Jerry Jones got 440 million from the taxpayers to help fund his stadium
WTF, 440 million. That obscene. But its Texas, its their state religion.
Its Texas, Its football. Its a no brainer to them. They have to have the best NFL stadium on the planet.
Still, 440 million. Its sick. And that's just 1 team
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 28th, 2017 at 7:41:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Jerry Jones got 440 million from the taxpayers to help fund his stadium
WTF, 440 million. That obscene. But its Texas, its their state religion.
Its Texas, Its football. Its a no brainer to them. They have to have the best NFL stadium on the planet.
Still, 440 million. Its sick. And that's just 1 team
And yet the Astrodome sits. http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/See-what-the-inside-of-the-Eight-Wonder-of-the-9242718.php

440 million for Jones, and the state pensions are broke.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 28th, 2017 at 8:21:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
NFL can go the way of wrestling.

Create hero and villain teams. Villain teams egg the crowd on with bad behavior, cheat, wave foreign flags around. Hero team plays by all the rules. All American.
Clean cut. Mom's apple pie.

Yup. I can see it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 28th, 2017 at 8:28:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
NFL can go the way of wrestling.

Create hero and villain teams. Villain teams egg the crowd on with bad behavior, cheat, wave foreign flags around. Hero team plays by all the rules. All American.
Clean cut. Mom's apple pie.

Yup. I can see it.
I like it. But as long as the NFL is still playing, I wish the camera's would go back to zooming in on the cheer leaders.

I think that's when the NFL went to hell is when they quit focusing on the cheer leaders.

A man's got to have his priorities.
September 28th, 2017 at 8:42:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
...Still, 440 million. Its sick. And that's just 1 team
San Diego Chargers moved to LA, what a cruel joke;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Chargers_stadium_proposals

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/03/31/relocation-oakland-raiders-san-diego-chargers-st-louis-rams/99848210/ abandoned US stadiums with debt still to be paid.
September 29th, 2017 at 5:30:24 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph

Its really incredible how cities fight over an NFL team.
The owners are laughing all the way to the bank.
Cleveland refused to build a new Stadium. Its the right thing to do for the taxpayers. Art Modell moved the team to city that would build a new stadium.
Owners pit city against city and knowing they will get their money. Football is that important to a community. You would think TX conservatives would be furious Jerry Jones got 440 million of tax payers money. Not a peep, thats how important football is.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 29th, 2017 at 5:39:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Its really incredible how cities fight over an NFL team.

It is almost as stupid as trying to win the Olympic Games. At least a pro sports team is ongoing. Cities might be waking up to all of this, though.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2017 at 6:00:09 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
It is almost as stupid as trying to win the Olympic Games. At least a pro sports team is ongoing. Cities might be waking up to all of this, though.

Waking up, I doubt it.
Its pretty shocking conservatives are silent as the NFL rapes the taxpayers for over 7 billion
Of all the voters, I would think conservatives would be up in arms over the wasteful tax payer spending.
Instead, a lot of conservatives really love football. Its the state religion in Texas
NFL owners should not get 1 penny of taxpayers money
instead
7 billion, it aint chump change
The problem
Football remains extremely popular. So popular, 7 billion wasted is ignored.
September 29th, 2017 at 6:33:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Of all the voters, I would think conservatives would be up in arms over the wasteful tax payer spending.

Where are you at? Usually they are. It is big city liberal mayors who make the stadium decisions, along with their liberal councils.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2017 at 6:44:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Mosca
Anyhow, I don't see it as disrespectful to anything. The flag, the anthem, the Pledge of Allegiance, they are all symbols. It's all iconography. None of it is sacred. If the country allows a guy the freedom to kneel, then it is pretty hypocritical to chastise him for exercising that freedom, don't you think? Let him be an American.

Some forms of protest are meant to be provocative, the better to draw attention to the issue. There are many different ways to do this.

And yes, a symbol of something cannot be harmed, unless the principles or ideals it symbolizes are harmed. No amount of flag burning will destroy liberty. Further, no amount of disrespect, for whatever reason, against any symbol, can ever hurt anyone.

Those dead set against protest during the national anthem are, ironically, reacting as badly as those Muslims upset when someone defaces or burns a copy of the Koran.

Quote:
And the discussion about the right to kneel has now replaced Kaepernick (the original kneeler)'s issue, which is the alarming disparity in treatment between blacks and whites by the police.

And this has rendered this form of protest ineffective and pointless.

Quote:
If the argument is made that kneeling for the anthem before a football game isn't the right place to make that protest, then the follow up question has to be, okay: then when and where is the right place? The answer always seems to be, "Not here." Okay... but where?

Lately it seems to be the position of the dominant political forces that black people cannot ever protest in a way they find acceptable.

And that's much more disrespectful of the principles and ideals represented by America, than it would be to use the flag instead of toilet paper.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 3 of 14<123456>Last »