Massacre in Las Vegas

Page 1 of 161234>Last »
October 2nd, 2017 at 12:09:49 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Unbelievable tragedy in Las Vegas. How does a person do this? How can we stop it from happening again and again? How can we restore hope in people who are despairing?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 2nd, 2017 at 12:13:15 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Following is what I posted on Facebook:

Thank you to everyone who expressed concern about my whereabouts after last night's shooting. My family and I are fine.

In my forum (referring to WoV), certain members are already finger pointing at which groups are to blame. This, I find repugnant. An random attack like this on one is an attack on all.

It would not surprise me if mental illness were the root cause, much like the similar shooting at the University of Texas.

I would like to thank and praise the LVPD for their swift action to save the lives of those caught in the fire.

May the odds be ever in your favor.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 2nd, 2017 at 1:29:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: FrGamble
Unbelievable tragedy in Las Vegas. How does a person do this? How can we stop it from happening again and again? How can we restore hope in people who are despairing?

Your last sentence there, Padre, that's the thing. These people feel there is no hope, the world has dumped on them, and they figure they will go out in a blaze of glory. Some of us have felt this way say in a job and managed to get fired or get in trouble in some way or another. (Guilty there, but people love my story.) Some go out of relationships in a roar of thunder, often hurting the person that might have already hurt them.

I am afraid I have to repeat it, you are living in a collapsing society, so this will keep happening. Look at the reactions. Bodies still being counted and politicians using the tragedy to advance their agenda. I have to wonder how many people wanted to keep the dice moving, keep the cards turning, as the news hit.

I am guessing this is the biggest tragedy in Vegas since the MGM fire.

As to what we can do? Not much in our time. The rot started about 1964, now in its third generation. Since 1964, we have known mostly peace and plenty. Wars did not touch 98% of the population. Even the poor have luxuries unheard of in many parts of the world. This magnifies small problems to large and large to larger than life. I keep predicting a violent 2020s that will alter society on the order of the Civil War. I am sticking to that. Only something that large will shake people out of this funk.
The President is a fink.
October 2nd, 2017 at 2:03:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Unbelievable tragedy in Las Vegas. How does a person do this?

I blame god and Christianity for making
people feel small and hopeless unless
you believe in their religions nonsense.
It's gods fault and he doesn't even exist,
that's the ironic part.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 2nd, 2017 at 2:35:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
I think U Haul trucks should be banned because
one was used in an attack. Makes as much sense
as banning guns..

??????????
Japan, UK and Australia have banned guns
Why would those countries ban U-Haul Tucks?
Was this a suggestion on your fantasy super secret tiny local Uber forum
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 2nd, 2017 at 2:50:16 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
No one really objects to any event being politicized, so long as it's politicized in their preferred political direction.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:02:15 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89

I don't think we can completely stop someone determined to kill a bunch of people. This behavior predates guns, and is part of the general evil that comes with living in a fallen world.

We could ban guns, but what about knives, poisons, acids, and home-made explosives from common household items?

It is the price we occasionally pay for living in a "free" society.

Whatever happens, do not take away my ability to defend myself and my family. That is a line that our constitutional government cannot cross.
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:08:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
This is why I always avoid crowds, always
have. Don't like em, don't trust em.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:13:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Face
Just thinking aloud. Do as you will.

Whenever I'm in Vegas I always marvel
at how they've escaped crowd massacre.
On LVB they're like sitting ducks, thousands
of people wandering open mouthed and
stunned by the heat. It was only a matter
of time.
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:16:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Whenever I'm in Vegas I always marvel
at how they've escaped crowd massacre.
On LVB they're like sitting ducks, thousands
of people wandering open mouthed and
stunned by the heat. It was only a matter
of time.

And they have zero in situational awareness. Never paying attention to what is going on around them.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 161234>Last »