Massacre in Las Vegas

Page 2 of 16<12345>Last »
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:17:11 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Ayecarumba
We could ban guns, but what about knives, poisons, acids, and home-made explosives from common household items?

I hear this all the time, but can't think of a mass stabbing or poisoning.

Contrariwise, if things like knives or poison are so deadly, why not use them for self defense?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:18:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Ayecarumba
Whatever happens, do not take away my ability to defend myself and my family. That is a line that our constitutional government cannot cross.

No one needs 30 guns like that nutjob. No one needs a thousand rounds on hand either.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:21:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
No one needs 30 guns like that nutjob. No needs a thousand rounds on hand either.

Nobody needs whiskey.
Nobody needs an abortion.
Nobody needs a second home.

Need has nothing to do with it. Banning things will not make you "safe."
The President is a fink.
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:22:26 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Because they were used in an attack. EB forgot, a Ryder truck was used in the first WTC attack, need to ban those too, just in case.

EB, would you agree?

ROTFL
EB and AZ want to get rid of trucks and keep guns
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:25:52 PM permalink
rxwine
I'd be happy to see a study of the stats, of the average number of bullets and guns needed in every actual self defense incident in the US. Based on that we could decide just how much ammunition you need to have a nice cushion.

Beyond that I'd like to know what you're up to. And no, you don't need enough for a police standoff for hours.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:32:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I'd be happy to see a study of the stats, of the average number of bullets and guns needed in every actual self defense incident in the US. Based on that we could decide just how much ammunition you need to have a nice cushion.

Beyond that I'd like to know what you're up to. And no, you don't need enough for a police standoff for hours.

Why on earth is it your business or anyone else's what someone keeps in their house? Aren't you part of the "KEEP OUT OF MY BEDROOM" crowd?

Maybe you should move to Chicago, where guns are essentially banned. Wouldn't you be safer there?
The President is a fink.
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:38:32 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Whatever we decide with guns it won't get to the root problem of what leads someone to do something as heinous as indiscriminately shooting people like fish in a barrel. I don't know what to say or write, I'm kind of numb to be honest. This doesn't seem like behavior someone would do if depressed or overwhelmed by life, it is so evil and senseless.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:40:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Why on earth is it your business or anyone else's what someone keeps in their house?

Did I say we'd search your house for no reason?

Your meth lab is safe.
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:47:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Did I say we'd search your house for no reason?

Close enough.

Beyond that I'd like to know what you're up to.

Quote:
Your meth lab is safe.

You think I would cook in my own place?
The President is a fink.
October 2nd, 2017 at 3:56:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
I don't know what to say or write, I'm kind of numb to be honest.

I totally understand it, why you don't
is the puzzle. It must be the Vatican
blinders you wear to keep you from
seeing the real world.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 2 of 16<12345>Last »