Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

Page 1 of 651234>Last »
October 15th, 2017 at 9:54:01 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I suspect all this publicity about an independent film mogul is really a play for control of his company's assets.

I do realize that women of power, influence and notoriety can ruin a man's career with mere accusations but even if the accusations hold merit I think some should be described as "I climbed up onto the casting couch knowingly but now want to re-negotiate my price simply because I can".

One "star", the former Blossom, commented that women who dress conservatively and do not attend "business meetings" in a man's hotel room do not seem to face such problems. Although Arquette claimed she was a modestly dressed twelve year old when men 'masturbated at her'. (Query: where on earth did such behavior take place? On the sidewalks with witnesses?). I remember the days when women would not even meet a man in a café if the café was located inside a hotel. They might well wind up in a hotel room with him that night, but they would not start out anywhere near a hotel.

This man may or may not have crossed the line with quite a number of women, but that "line" is usually rather clearly drawn in a man's bedroom. Why did the women go to homes, hotel rooms, etc. rather than a business office suitable for the occasion?

If his conduct was so open and notorious why did he not have any difficulty finding 'visitors' he could supposedly lure to the couch?
October 15th, 2017 at 10:26:20 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
May be a bit off topic, but I've read, and have been told over and over, that women suffer the lewd prolonged glances and groping from men ever since they're old enough to recognize it, about 12 years old. Japanese women have complained for decades about being felt up on the subway so often it's just accepted now, and an unavoidable aspect of public transport. I laughed at the time, at the Seinfeld episode where Elaine told Jerry "He took it out." "What?" "IT" "He took it out???" "Yep."

Apparently, that really happens. Fairly often. Weinstein's wealth and power doesn't make him any less homely or fat, so maybe he felt he had to resort to answering the door in just his bathrobe to get any action. Been happening for so long it's a mainstream joke, but now all the sudden it's in the news. Worst kept secret in Hollywood. I remember hearing about Bill Cosby's behavior 15 years ago watching Hard Copy, but no charges were filed till last year? Why not? Michael Jackson was molesting little boys and giving them wine (Jesus juice) at his sleep-overs for how many years?....but the fans still weep at the funeral and attend the Cirque du Soleil show based on that creepy perv. Weinstein is just the latest.

Who will it be tomorrow? Guesses anyone?
October 15th, 2017 at 10:42:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff

This man may or may not have crossed the line with quite a number of women, but that "line" is usually rather clearly drawn in a man's bedroom. Why did the women go to homes, hotel rooms, etc. rather than a business office suitable for the occasion?

If his conduct was so open and notorious why did he not have any difficulty finding 'visitors' he could supposedly lure to the couch?

Perhaps it is just accepted that it is how business was done and they wanted the business bad enough? It happens all over entertainment, and is not just women who make the deal. How many wrestlers did Pat Paterson tell that they had to meet him in the showers to be booked?

The number of women who want a career in entertainment vastly exceeds the supply of available slots. By a factor of hundreds to one. I saw a show about "Hollywood Squares" where some woman got the slot as a contestant. She right after said to the booker, "so, do we take care of this on the couch over there or what?"
The President is a fink.
October 15th, 2017 at 11:33:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Fleastiff

People who do dumb things get their punishment, but do people who knowingly set the traps deserve punishment?

I say yes, in every single case that I can think of.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 15th, 2017 at 12:41:37 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Japan? I don't know. I think it is likely. Egypt it appears is famous for fondling females on the street.

Now, casting couch or funding couch or distribution couch or what not.... do we prosecute both? Usually neither gets prosecuted but if enough deals are made there then a core of wealthy, powerful, media savvy women is created and they may focus on him or his corporation's vulnerability.

Woody Allen has expressed hopes that this does not turn into a witchhunt for men in general.
And I sure don't want it to turn into these "historical sex abuse" claims of Operation Yewtree or its progeny wherein a probably imaginary butt pinch of forty years ago is both prosecuted criminally and the source of monetary compensation.
October 15th, 2017 at 1:01:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Angelina Jolie is one of the most influential women in the world and a member of the CFR. She is known around the world and a mega millionaire. But she waits until a couple weeks ago to point the finger at her abuser. She could have stopped this ten years ago, and saved who knows how many more women from being sexually used on the couch? Yet so many people look up to, and admire her. She is like Megan Kelly who waits until they make their millions before saying anything. That is shameful, not heroic.

Hopefully if this gets enough press coverage, the pedophile rings in Hollywood and elsewhere can be exposed also . Hollywood has known about this problem for decades, why is it just coming out now? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-14/flashback-barbara-walters-shames-pedo-victim-corey-feldman-national-tv-%E2%80%98damaging-ent

These stars, knowingly perform sex acts for monetary gain, how is that different than prostitution? . More evidence for the legalization of prostitution as is done, in legal brothels in Nevada. Except in the legal brothels, the prostitutes are checked weekly for disease. Why are hookers thrown in jail for pandering, while starlets are idolized, and allowed a platform for their opinions on world affairs? The only difference is price.

Prostitution is everywhere, it should be brought out into the light and save lives, marriages, and reduce crime. I hope someone will bring up to this gang of accusers,that them trading sex knowingly for movie parts was/is simply prostitution. I'm sure many of them were on the couch more than once, and with more than just Weinstein. They didn't come forward until their turn at beauty was fading, and they were being replaced on the screen by younger, more voluptuous starlets.

I do hope the pedophile rings get exposed and shut down. These women mostly, can protect themselves with their millions received because they performed sex acts for movie parts. Call it what it is, prostitution.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 15th, 2017 at 1:25:59 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
This is just another case of buyers remorse. They now regret what they paid for what they got.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 15th, 2017 at 1:37:12 PM permalink
rxwine
this is from 1995

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 15th, 2017 at 1:49:08 PM permalink
rxwine
And this recording.

October 15th, 2017 at 4:28:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
this is from 1995

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 1 of 651234>Last »