Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

November 16th, 2017 at 11:13:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It's funny.

So many of the righties jump to defend the pedophile.

I haven't seen any liberals immediately come to Franken's defense.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 16th, 2017 at 11:17:42 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: reno
Uh-oh. Is Al Franken next?

Who's surprised, Franken is one
of the creepiest people I know
of. He's so butt ugly what woman
(or man) would look at him twice
anyway.. I never thought he was
funny on SNL, just strange.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 16th, 2017 at 11:24:47 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
It's funny.

So many of the righties jump to defend the pedophile.

I haven't seen any liberals immediately come to Franken's defense.

I totally agree
Politics is meaningless when it comes to sexual assault
I just don't get conservatives defending sickos simply due to politics
sad
Sexual assault is wrong and politics is meaningless when one person sexually assaults another person
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 16th, 2017 at 1:29:53 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
Sexual assault is wrong and politics is meaningless when one person sexually assaults another person
Why are books, television and movies just chock a block full of rape scenes?

Remember LBJ's comment " I don't want anyone working for me unless I've got his pecker in my pocket ".
November 16th, 2017 at 1:50:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Franken apologized today, and the woman says she accepts his apology.

Oh no...

WHAT SHOULD WE BE OUTRAGED ABOUT NOW?!?!?!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 16th, 2017 at 1:53:32 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: terapined

My favorite senator
If the allegations are true, he needs to go
I am not like AZ or EB or Rush, defending sexual predators due to politics
I hate ALL sexual predators regardless of politics
I give nobody a pass

I'm past the If the allegations are true qualifier. Franken gave a carefully worded lawyer answer: "I certainly don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way." A "can't remember" apology isn't an apology. His memory is fine. He's just a liar.

Us liberals need to hold our own side to a higher standard than the other side. Dems need to proclaim zero tolerance and mean it, even if it means losing a Senate seat or two or three or four.

Incidentally, when I read Leeann Tweeden's description of Al Franken's tongue kiss, I immediately noticed how similar her story is to Natasha Stoynoff's tongue kiss allegation against Trump.
November 16th, 2017 at 2:05:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Us liberals need to hold our own side to a higher standard than the other side. Dems need to proclaim zero tolerance and mean it, even if it means losing a Senate seat or two or three or four.

Good luck. The GOP tends to throw the guy overboard as soon as an allegation happens. Liberals sold their soul with Bill Clinton. I never take NOW or any feminist group serious after how many passes they gave.
The President is a fink.
November 16th, 2017 at 2:23:29 PM permalink
reno
Quote: AZDuffman
The GOP tends to throw the guy overboard as soon as an allegation happens.

Was Senator David Vitter thrown overboard? Nope. Slept with a ton of prostitutes while championing sanctity of marriage, family values. Vitter faced zero punishment from the GOP, not even a slap on the wrist. Got reelected after the scandal, because GOP voters didn't seem to mind if Mr. Family Values bangs prostitutes.

Trump wasn't thrown overboard, the GOP voters elected him President.

The Alabama GOP won't force to Moore to quit the race, if anything the Alabama GOP is still rallying to his defense.
November 16th, 2017 at 2:29:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Trump wasn't thrown overboard, the GOP voters elected him President.

Trump did not do anything wrong. The standard had been lowered by Bill Clinton years before.

Quote:
The Alabama GOP won't force to Moore to quit the race, if anything the Alabama GOP is still rallying to his defense.

I don't know that they can force him. In any case, yes, they should rally to his defense. They are doing the same as Democrats do. Hell, Democrats elected a guy who was caught smoking crack on hidden camera.

See, this is what happens when you laugh at people who say "character counts" to allowing a guy who got drunk and left a woman to die while he called his lawyer and not the cops to not just stay in his Senate seat, but be a party heavyweight. Why should the GOP throw their guys overboard when liberals just shrug at their guys antics.
The President is a fink.
November 16th, 2017 at 2:42:53 PM permalink
reno
Quote: AZDuffman
In any case, yes, they should rally to his defense.

Sean Hannity asked Roy Moore if he had dated high school girls while he was in his 30s. Moore gave a weasel lawyer answer "Not generally" and then quickly added that he always got the girls' parents permission before the date!

If Moore wins, the Dems will use his face as the poster boy for the entire GOP brand. Do you really want to wager that more women (with even better evidence) won't come forward after the election? That's a risky gamble. Is 1 Senate seat worth all this baggage?