Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

November 17th, 2017 at 9:45:33 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: beachbumbabs
Then, let me, as a moderate, do so.

Context. He was a professional comedian for many years at that time. Known primarily for writing shows with both funny dialog and physical humor. Watch any number of youtube SNL clips to see what a comedy troupe will do physically to get laughs.
Great post Babs.

Humor is best when in the right context for sure. Also whats funny to a teenager often isn't funny to a senior,or even a parent. I've never watched Franken and seldom SNL. I liked it back in the Eddie Murphy days.

This attempt at being funny didn't photograph well given the pc uproar happening now. Although she may claim horror at this, I don't really buy it. With a few clicks, her nude photo's are available online. That is not an excuse, but hard for me to see how, like you say, wjth no physical contact, she can be so terribly insulted? We weren't there. What audience was he playing to? He was trying to be funny. We have all seen when people are "in character" they will do things out of the ordinary to try to get a laugh.

If there are other instances where he has actually groped women, let justice be served. To me this is a poor attempt at humor, maybe it would have been funnier if I were there?

Has she filed any charges against him, or just wants to excoriate him on the web?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 17th, 2017 at 9:58:06 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
People who defend sexual abusers are no better than sexual abusers themselves. Enabling a crime makes you complicit with the crime.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 17th, 2017 at 10:22:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno
Hey, AZDuffman- I've got a hypothetical question for you. You don't consider the accusations against Moore to be credible. But for the sake of argument, suppose a Republican politician running for office in your district had admitted to molesting a 14 year old a couple decades ago, (therefore, you had no doubt about his guilt-- Dennis Hastert comes to mind). Would you hold your nose and vote for the Democrat? Would you sit out the election? Or would you pull the lever for the sex offender?

Assuming a generic Democrat? There have been a very few I would consider voting for the past 25 years since over that time parties just tell their people vote our way or else. So assume that and the Democrat in question is not going to champion the Oil and Gas industry (see previous sentence to see why none ever will.)

I would sit it out, or vote for the Libertarian. Or write in "John Galt." I have done the later where Democrats are unopposed on my ballot.
The President is a fink.
November 17th, 2017 at 10:36:25 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: kenarman

Hey, AZDuffman- I've got a hypothetical question for you. You don't consider the accusations against Moore to be credible. But for the sake of argument, suppose a Republican politician running for office in your district had admitted to molesting a 14 year old a couple decades ago, (therefore, you had no doubt about his guilt-- Dennis Hastert comes to mind). Would you hold your nose and vote for the Democrat? Would you sit out the election? Or would you pull the lever for the sex offender?

Hey Reno- Hypothetical question for you. In a presidential election would you vote for a washed up old lady that helped cover up her husbands rape of numerous people or would you hold your nose and pull the lever rather than vote for the Republican candidate?

I really am interested on how Reno, and terapined, and ams, and etc. answer this question.

It's easy for me to answer, I voted for neither DJT or HRC because neither of them meet my standards for President.

Ed, did you vote for HRC, the enabler? If so, how do you justify it?
November 17th, 2017 at 11:29:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Ken Starr couldn't prosecute Hillary on the flimsy evidence presented that she covered up for Bill rapes.

He certainly had a chance to do it, if it was possible. Like most stuff Hillary got smeared with, at least she's been through all the legal process about it already.

Unlike Trump.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 17th, 2017 at 11:38:40 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Then, let me, as a moderate, do so.

Context. He was a professional comedian for many years at that time. Known primarily for writing shows with both funny dialog and physical humor. Watch any number of youtube SNL clips to see what a comedy troupe will do physically to get laughs.

They were both part of a USO tour. She had agreed to perform with him, including the skit where they kissed.

In the photo, she's wearing a FLAK JACKET. That means inches of padding, possibly kevlar. He's NOT touching her or the jacket; the photo is posed so that it appears like it, but you can see from the shadows under his fingers he's just close by. The joke is/was, he's such a nerd, he would try to cop a feel through padding so thick he might as well be groping a mattress. But, instead, a decade later, let's be totally humorless and claim it was demeaning. It was a gag photo. (Sure, make the joke.)

If you listen to her full interview, it seems obvious they didn't like each other. She takes several gratuitous shots at him along the way. He's a popular guy. She may have been an iron bitch to him and everybody else the entire time; she comes off like many I met while working in the industry. And touring like that is really hard, tiring, anxiety-inducing. You're a target. People do that because of dedication to the troops, it's rewarding, but it's not fun. So now, she gets to crap all over a guy she didn't like. Opportunist.

Now. In the light of today, it's not funny. She was asleep, so was not in on the joke. Which makes it targeted at her. Poor judgement.

She was not a professional actress. She didn't have improv classes, training, or apparently a sense of humor. She was some kind of model who was trying to get a career. Franken is one of those guys who, either you laugh and roll with his humor, be his friend, or you are the object of his scorn and derision. She obviously is a Category B person. He is harsh and edgy. He was a couple years before my time working in Minneapolis in the theater scene, but we had friends and companies in common. I met him several times at parties and backstage here and there. He's not a predator.

He screwed up back then, because his humor in that situation doesn't play now. So what does he do? He apologizes. Doesn't deny it happened, or was stupid. And agrees his behavior needs to change. He wasn't a Senator then, but he acknowledges the mistake.

What more is there to know or to worry about? I think it's dreadfully unfair to mention a joke gone bad in the same BREATH with Weinstein, Moore, or especially TRUMP.

yeah you really moderate lol.........
November 17th, 2017 at 11:39:21 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

Hey Reno- Hypothetical question for you. In a presidential election would you vote for a washed up old lady that helped cover up her husbands rape of numerous people or would you hold your nose and pull the lever rather than vote for the Republican candidate?

I really am interested on how Reno, and terapined, and ams, and etc. answer this question.

It's easy for me to answer, I voted for neither DJT or HRC because neither of them meet my standards for President.

Ed, did you vote for HRC, the enabler? If so, how do you justify it?

Enabler vs a sexual assaulter
Its a no brainer
Not voting for the person that broke the law and committed sexual assault
Committing the crime worse, much much worse

Roy Moore's wife stands by him. I totally get that

If I had a choice between voting for Roy Moore or Roy Moore's wife, I'd vote for the wife
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 17th, 2017 at 12:04:27 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58

C'mon, kenarman, don't give me an easy question! Make it tough!

In 2016, both campaigns endured credible accusations of sexual misconduct, so you're not really challenging me on my rhetoric for zero tolerance of sex crimes. With Trump vs Hillary, no matter who won the election, an alleged predator would be enjoying the prestige and honor of living in the West Wing. I picked Hillary. She's dreadful, Trump's worse.

Here's a better tough question to make me really squirm: force me to chose between a squeaky-clean Republican whose policies I abhor, (Cheney? Santorum?) running against a genuine sex predator Democrat such as former Senator Brock Adams (pictured below). Adams was accused by 8 women, including the daughter of a friend who accused him of drugging and raping her. There's no way I could vote for a man as vile as Brock Adams. In that scenario, I would either stay home, or vote for a 3rd party candidate guaranteed to lose.

November 17th, 2017 at 12:49:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
the photo is posed so that it appears like it, but you can see from the shadows under his fingers he's just close by.

For anyone who thinks the photo by itself is proof of groping, one could stage several exacting photo sessions with two volunteers where both touching actually occurred or didn't occur, and I'm pretty confident people wouldn't be able to pick touching photos from the non-touching ones.

Kind of unusual case where a photo can look very obvious at first, but maybe is not what it appears.

I'm not defending Franken though, just think it's an interesting example here or something.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 17th, 2017 at 1:05:00 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Well, some senators are calling for an ethics investigation, including apparently Franken himself.

Way back in 1995 an ethics committee recommended that Bob Packwood be expelled, and he resigned shortly thereafter.

They could also recommend censure, or release a public letter of admonishment, or do nothing.

So Franken resigning or not resigning aren't the only options available.

It makes sense for Franken to request the ethics investigation. Right now it really seems like his only publicly acceptable action would be to resign, and assuming he doesn't want to resign, his only chance to escape with any credibility is to put it in the hands of a committee and hope they do no worse than censure him.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan