Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

November 17th, 2017 at 1:13:15 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
It's getting ugly. This morning a sitting justice on the Ohio Supreme Court posted on his Facebook page about his conquests: 50 women and counting!

I don't have the stomach for this crap.
November 17th, 2017 at 1:21:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Here's the thing.

One instance of sexual harassment 20 years ago shouldn't amount to a resignation.

That's why the actual groping of a sleeping woman is important. 20 years ago or not, not acceptable. Johnny Cokerun, "If there is air between, it must mean, he didn't do that thing."

Feel free to dispute.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 17th, 2017 at 1:31:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
It makes sense for Franken to request the ethics investigation.

The only time anyone suggests they
themselves be investigated is when
they are 95% sure of the outcome.
Franken knows nothing will come of
this, by the time they get around to
it nobody will even remember.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 17th, 2017 at 1:41:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It's possible I was wrong about Bush Sr. I was giving him a break because he looks like he could be in the nursing home stage of old people who act inappropriate because their mental capacity is limited. But it appears he may have been grabbing women from behind for many years before.

* plenty of sharp old people who are of quick wit, but if you've spent enough time with your aging mom in a nursing home, you see others not so mentally fit.)

(once had a coworker senior citizen who came to work with her underwear on the outside of her clothes one day).

Of course, nowadays, that is the fashion for young kids. Go figure.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 17th, 2017 at 5:05:46 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Wizard
Didn't EB recently say, about 50 times, that all sexual predators appear to be liberal?

Quote: Evenbob
Most of them are.

So when a Congressman settles a sexual harassment case with an employee, everything is kept secret and the taxpayers pay the bill. The voters never learn who the Congressman was, how despicable the behavior was, and how much taxpayer hush money the victim received to keep quiet. Even Harvey Weinstein had to tell the Board of Directors everytime there was a settlement.

Quote: Washington Times
In the first 10 and a half of months of this year, the Treasury Department paid $934,754 to Capitol Hill employees who were the victims of various work issues.

Last year, 15 victims were compensated a total of $588,049.

In total, 264 victims have been paid a total of $17 million since 1997.

So as for Evenbob's allegation that most pervert politicians are Democrats, I think the secrecy itself is a big clue that this is bipartisan. Suppose 75% of the settlements were due to Democrat perversion-- you really think Ted Cruz wouldn't be sponsoring a bill to unveil the secrecy? Suppose 75% of the settlements were due to Republican perversion-- you really think Chuck Schumer wouldn't be sponsoring a bill to unveil the secrecy?

The fact that it remains a consistent secret regardless of which party controls Congress probably means that the behavior is bipartisan roughly 50/50. But we'll never know, will we??

November 17th, 2017 at 5:25:28 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
It totally sucks this stuff is kept secret
Of course its 50/50
To think otherwise would be totally illogical
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 17th, 2017 at 5:29:06 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: reno
So when a Congressman settles a sexual harassment case with an employee, everything is kept secret and the taxpayers pay the bill. The voters never learn who the Congressman was, how despicable the behavior was, and how much taxpayer hush money the victim received to keep quiet.

I find this just about the most outrageous abuse of taxpayer money I've ever heard of.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 17th, 2017 at 5:46:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
Quote: reno
So when a Congressman settles a sexual harassment case with an employee, everything is kept secret and the taxpayers pay the bill. The voters never learn who the Congressman was, how despicable the behavior was, and how much taxpayer hush money the victim received to keep quiet.

I find this just about the most outrageous abuse of taxpayer money I've ever heard of.

If we all knew what congress and other government get away with, maybe we could finally have some revolution.

Who remembers the Congress Bank?
The President is a fink.
November 17th, 2017 at 6:50:40 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman

I remember some scandal about it but forgot the details. There are so many political scandals it is hard to remember them all.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 17th, 2017 at 7:07:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
If we all knew what congress and other government get away with, maybe we could finally have some revolution.
"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." That's the reason for so much EBT. As long as everybody is getting a check and groceries, there won't be any revolution. Bread an circuses.

Quote:
?? Was that the check kiting scandal?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW