Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

November 17th, 2017 at 7:37:13 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Regarding the Franken groping photo, I haven't heard this on the news, but I'm curious: who took that photo? Were there others? Was it film or digital? Why is it released now? Who is benefiting from its release? Was Franken aware of it's existence all these years?
November 17th, 2017 at 7:54:35 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
He was clearly fooling around on a long boring flight and smiling into the camera. Its exposed at a time that will really hurt him, a time of maximum value.

Brave, will be published on Jan18th and I'm first in line when my county library gets a copy. Its Rose McGowan's account of the developments that brought the accusation against Harvey Weinstein to light. I think it will prove to be interesting reading but her close pal, Ronan Farrow, is someone I would not trust even though I will probably read his soon to be published book on the end of American Diplomacy.

Sexual allegations in the UK and the USA are running rampant. One school lunch server gave an extra piece of candy to a student and was accused of pedophile grooming. Its a "the victim has a right to be believed" minefield.

I remember the McMartin Day Care scandal: An alcoholic ex-mental patient accused a local schoolteacher, the Mayor and the Pope .... and suddenly hordes of reporters were printing tons of rubbish. All the kids taken to shrinks were deemed perfectly normal, happy kids except for those taken to one shrink who deemed all the kids she saw to have been sexually abused, but then her entire practice consisted of sexual abuse victims. She saw sexual abuse everywhere. The American public does not do well with facts but does very well with lurid headlines.
November 17th, 2017 at 7:54:36 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I think its a follow the money situation. There is money in taking powerful men's companies away from them but there is also money in being the women who brought them down. Its a war and as always Truth Is The First Casualty.
November 17th, 2017 at 10:03:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
He was clearly fooling around on a long boring flight and smiling into the camera. Its exposed at a time that will really hurt him, a time of maximum value..

I think the girl had a copy, don't quote me.
I was clearly a joke, I don't think he was
really touching her. It's the idea of it that's
just as bad. He's a married middle aged
man in professional life, not a frat boy.
This kind of stuff is not funny, and it's
deadly serious to women. They don't like
jokes about being violated, and violated
while asleep makes it 10 times worse. He's
just the male version of Kathy Griffin, a
clueless moron.

When he was on Airhead America I listened
to him a few times. It was painful, his whole
schtick was sarcasm and double entendres
and giggling at his own silliness. He thought
he was endlessly clever and he was a giant
boor.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 18th, 2017 at 4:01:35 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: zippyboy
Regarding the Franken groping photo, I haven't heard this on the news, but I'm curious: who took that photo? Were there others? Was it film or digital? Why is it released now? Who is benefiting from its release? Was Franken aware of it's existence all these years?

It was taken at the end of the tour, on the way home, on military transport. They were leaving a war zone, so were required to wear the jacket and helmet.

All of them were on board, including the tour photographer. The participants all received a cd of photos and videos commemorating their tour a few weeks after they returned. This picture was on that CD. When she viewed the CD, that was the first she knew the photo had been taken.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
November 18th, 2017 at 5:39:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Conservatives are going to love this but I could care less because
Sexual assault and rape are wrong
Lena Dunham has been fighting hard against sexual assault and rape

Aug 4 she tweeted
“Things women do lie about: what they ate for lunch. Things women don't lie about: rape.”

Well a writer on her show has been accused of rape and she is defending the wrier
WTF

In my eyes, Lena Dunham is right up there with the dwindling numbers of conservatives supporting Roy Moore

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lena-dunham-defends-girls-writer-accused-raping-17-year-old-article-1.3641070

I see Brian Kilmedade of Fox is coming to his senses regarding Roy Moore
“It’s not he said/she said — she’s in high school and she got a call in her trigonometry class to go to the general office at which time 30 year-old Roy Moore was the other line asking her out for a date. That is obscene and I would kick his head in if it was the one of my daughters and then I would call the cops,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/fox-and-friends-host-brian-kilmeade-erupts-over-roy-moores-teen-stalking-id-kick-his-head-in/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 18th, 2017 at 5:44:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
I remember some scandal about it but forgot the details. There are so many political scandals it is hard to remember them all.

Petro mentioned it, about bounced checks. The Congressional Bank was covering them. Some say this was the last straw that allowed the GOP to take control in 1994. So much else people to know that is legal for Congress. Sometimes it is as if they are their own estate in the system.
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2017 at 7:00:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Conservatives are going to love this but I could care less because
Sexual assault and rape are wrong
Lena Dunham has been fighting hard against sexual assault and rape

Aug 4 she tweeted
“Things women do lie about: what they ate for lunch. Things women don't lie about: rape.”

Well a writer on her show has been accused of rape and she is defending the wrier
WTF

In my eyes, Lena Dunham is right up there with the dwindling numbers of conservatives supporting Roy Moore

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lena-dunham-defends-girls-writer-accused-raping-17-year-old-article-1.3641070

You still have to look at each accusation individually. Even some of my least favorite people don't deserve a false accusation, and while there is a similar charge in each case there's still lots of factors to consider.

One difference is each charge should be investigated and taken seriously, which hasn't always been the case. Actually, when there is no impending event like an election, no one really has to decide anything for themselves, just let it wind through the court if that's where it ends up.

(if I try to guess at factors surrounding some event like this, I try to figure out how many inconsistencies there are in the stories and related information. The more inconsistencies that come to light, the more suspect I am of one side or another. But that's just me. I figure if there's no way to absolutely confirm something, the only thing else you can do is look at all the details and see if it keeps making sense.)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 18th, 2017 at 2:12:01 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: rxwine
I figure if there's no way to absolutely confirm something, the only thing else you can do is look at all the details and see if it keeps making sense.)

Normally I would figure Rose McGowan was guilty. How many would really believe her when she claims someone must have put cocaine in her purse when she went to the airplane's lavatory? Yet when we add that she has been he subject of a very expensive campaign orchestrated by former Mossad agents, probably would have been shadowed on that airplane and could very well have been set up, it becomes much less of a ridiculous response. If the reports that Harvey Weinstein scheduled a meeting on the issue even before the incident made the news are true, then it is certain that she was indeed set up on cocaine charges. It shows how far people in power will go to be vindictive because it enhances their reputation.
November 20th, 2017 at 2:28:33 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Next up: Charlie Rose.

Washington Post has a story with 8 women who say he sexually harassed them.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman