Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

December 7th, 2017 at 11:53:08 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
And Al knows all about poor taste.

Yes, he does. It was his career for decades, coming up with nonsense like this.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 7th, 2017 at 12:05:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs
It was his career for decades,

I keep hearing that to know Al Franken,
is to despise him. He treats his staff like
dog shit, is rude to almost everybody
he considers under him, and is
especially hard on interns. He also likes
to throw temper tantrums like a 5 year
old. He was hated by everybody at
Air America, where he treated people
like slaves and demanded a huge weekly
salary even when they were going
bankrupt. Even Tucker can't stand the
guy, and he likes almost everybody:

"Franken was a mediocre senator and a thoroughly miserable person. Cruel to those beneath him, narcissistic, monumentally self-righteous. Al Franken should have been exposed years ago for the nasty poser he always was."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 7th, 2017 at 12:13:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Wow, he looks like any random Breitbart reader there....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 7th, 2017 at 12:16:07 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: AZDuffman
Why on earth would you be registered GOP? I have never once heard you do anything but attack the GOP and support liberal positions.

BTW: Did you support the Clinton Impeachment given his sexual harassment?

Forgot to answer the second question.

I did not support impeachment. I would have supported censure. I think they overreached. It was not behavior worthy of a President, then or now.

I think it's important that Lewinsky initiated the contact, participated enthusiastically, and did not want to stop when he ended it.

I think it's important that she was 22 and a volunteer worker. That she maneuvered schedules and assignments to be near him. That she showed off her thong in the office, and so many other details.

I think it's important that they did not have sexual intercourse, a distinction many people, including parents of women, make in whether they had "sex", and so the claim (basis for impeachment) that he lied is dubious and hair-splitting. They had sexual contact, yes, but not intercourse, which was the question.

I understand and sympathize with Paula Jones' complaint, but that occurrence wasn't what he was impeached for.

Pretty ironic that those who cornered him so effectively now support a nasty, adulterous, lecherous, assaulter of a President. Proves just how completely their attack was facetious and political, and ultimately meaningless.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 7th, 2017 at 12:19:55 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: ams288

Wow, he looks like any random Breitbart reader there....

Naw. Not without the orange cheeto stains. And the well trimmed hair and clean shaven face. The rest is correct, though. :)
December 7th, 2017 at 12:37:16 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
There is always the unwise clowning around for the camera, the inadvertently too familiar pose for a photoshoot, the tipsy, awkward overture, ... a big difference between tearing a woman's clothes off or slipping her a roofie.

That airplane photo was put on a CD that was given to everyone on the USO tour several years before, why did the woman suddenly feel offended by it.

On January 18th Rose McGowan's book, Brave, comes out. I will read it with interest but also with a measure of skepticism.
December 7th, 2017 at 1:15:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
As far as I've been able to find out, direct witness testimony alone is enough to get someone convicted if a jury believes the person.

For instance, just the witness explaining how they were raped 30 years ago is evidence even if that is all they have. Of course the jury has to believe it.

Whereas someone like OJ Simpson has to be placed at the crime since there were no witnesses alive even though there was evidence of a double murder all over the place.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 7th, 2017 at 1:20:23 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Double murder?
December 7th, 2017 at 1:20:24 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Much of this 'if the jury believes the evidence' is affected by constant babbling about 'believe the victim'.
December 7th, 2017 at 1:22:35 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs

I did not support impeachment. I would have supported censure. I think they overreached.

Thing is, IIRC, there is no penalty then.

Quote:
I think it's important that Lewinsky initiated the contact, participated enthusiastically, and did not want to stop when he ended it.

Lewinsky's consent is not the issue. Any low lever HR person understands the concept of "hostile environment." Do you consider it OK if your boss is getting oral sex in his office while everyone works? I am sure I would have been fired when I managed a place.
The President is a fink.