Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

December 15th, 2017 at 7:03:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Looks like we have a libertarian now.

Quote:
Nine more women say that Alex Kozinski — a high-profile judge who sits on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit — subjected them to sexual comments or other conduct, including four who say he touched them inappropriately.

Kozinski, known for his libertarian views and colorful written opinions, already had been accused of subjecting several women to a range of inappropriate sexual conduct or comments, and the circuit's chief judge on Thursday took the first step in launching an investigation into his behavior. The matter was assigned Friday to the 2nd Circuit judicial council.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nine-more-women-say-judge-subjected-them-to-inappropriate-behavior-including-four-who-say-he-touched-or-kissed-them/ar-BBGNsuy?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 15th, 2017 at 7:32:25 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Looks like we have a libertarian now.

So if EB says "another lib bites the dust," he wouldn't technicaly be wrong.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 15th, 2017 at 8:27:01 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I saw a woman has now been accused.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 16th, 2017 at 8:27:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Dalex64
I saw a woman has now been accused.

That accusation is from ten years ago. Not just the event, the accusation. I think. She claims a disgruntled ex-employee (who she fired) made a false claim.

I have been a position of hiring and firing. In the discussions about firing, the main topic is "will he/she sue us?" "Will we be accused of racism, sexism, ageism, prejudice against the disabled, the obese, etc...." I've pretty much included 90% of the population....
December 16th, 2017 at 11:06:57 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
In the discussions about firing, the main topic is "will he/she sue us?" .

It's easy to do, the employer almost always
settles.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 16th, 2017 at 11:27:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
T
I have been a position of hiring and firing. In the discussions about firing, the main topic is "will he/she sue us?" "Will we be accused of racism, sexism, ageism, prejudice against the disabled, the obese, etc...." I've pretty much included 90% of the population....

Although you may have to right to fire at will, it's always a good idea to keep written documentation on problem people which is contemporaneous.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 17th, 2017 at 11:26:38 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
And another Lib bites the dust..

MSNBC Confirms 1999 Chris Matthews Payment To Female Staffer
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 17th, 2017 at 2:02:22 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Settling a nuisance suit? or paying off?

Wasn't this settled when an executive in Hollywood stole ten grand from his company.

They fire a secretary who steals ten dollars but not an executive who steals ten grand.

Same principle with some young intern versus a senior staffer.
December 17th, 2017 at 6:48:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
And another Lib bites the dust..

MSNBC Confirms 1999 Chris Matthews Payment To Female Staffer

It will be interesting to see if this is a one-off incident or if there were more settlements.

Bill-O survived for years with everyone knowing what a creep he was. I know the climate has changed since then, but I have a hard time seeing how one settlement in 1999 is him "biting the dust."

And the lack of any link to an article in EB's post indicates that this may not be as serious as he wants it to be.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 17th, 2017 at 7:04:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Isn't Geraldo still a correspondent on Fox? He apologized for his groping incident. It all depends on the particular case.