Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

December 19th, 2017 at 11:11:22 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Wizard
Personal insult. Three-day suspensions for each case.
"Manning up" is an insult? Geez, seems like your offense meter is set pretty far to the left.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 19th, 2017 at 11:24:11 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: petroglyph
"Manning up" is an insult? Geez, seems like your offense meter is set pretty far to the left.

Petro.

Love you, but yeah, saying that stuff to an openly gay man is definitely putting heat behind the curveball. Gotta agree with Mike.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 19th, 2017 at 11:56:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I have gay friends that are both male and female. In conversation I would tell either of them to "man up", take responsibility, whatever, it is a figure of speech.

Do you feel it was Az's intention to insult? I really really doubt if AMS was offended, don't you?

I think part of not being bigoted toward gay people is treating them like you do everybody?

If I have to act way different than I normally do just because someone is gay, it means I have to treat them like they have a handicap.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 20th, 2017 at 12:26:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If the Wizard layed the smackdown for as many insults go on over here, he'd be too busy and he'd have to read a lot.. But you never know when he may decide to strike.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 20th, 2017 at 2:26:10 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I have gay friends that are both male and female. In conversation I would tell either of them to "man up", take responsibility, whatever, it is a figure of speech.

Do you feel it was Az's intention to insult? I really really doubt if AMS was offended, don't you?

I think part of not being bigoted toward gay people is treating them like you do everybody?

If I have to act way different than I normally do just because someone is gay, it means I have to treat them like they have a handicap.

You're not wrong - you should be able to treat them like everybody else. There is a bit of a difference between personal friends and anonymous people on a forum, though, even if there's a lot of banter and a small group here.

I wouldn't presume to know anything about what AZ'S intent is.

I'm not an admin here, and I've said my piece, so I'll step out.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 20th, 2017 at 4:49:47 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Do you feel it was Az's intention to insult.

Absolutely
I actually though this was worse from EB after praising Nareed, he turns on Nareed

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/982/5/#post87298

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/564/175/#post87245
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 20th, 2017 at 5:57:26 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: beachbumbabs
1. I am in favor of due process. I believe if it is followed, Al will be either exonerated or censured, but not thrown out. He's human and can make mistakes, probably has, but he was forced into resigning rather than doing so pre-emptively.

2. You are mistaken in his guilt. He has not admitted to anything except taking a gag photo. He apologized several times for causing her discomfort and making her the butt of the joke.

Part of what due process should do is sort these things out. Travis Smiley is fighting his termination, but PBS reports they did do an investigation, including a 3 hour interview with him, and found good reason to fire him. I don't think they released the details, but he was able to face his accusers, the evidence against him, and argue his case. He just didn't win.

I too favor due process and while we might hope everyone subscribes to a principle of 'one life, one wife' its quite obvious that many do not. I do think a politician should have a personal life. During the Chandra Levy debacle I felt that anyone already known far and wide as Condom Condit couldn't have been bothered to do anything illegal to protect his 'reputation'. Didn't make him admirable, just innocent.

It was not just a gag photo but one that was distributed to all aboard the aircraft including the so-called victim.

Smiley was NOT able to face his accusers or ever told their names or precisely what he was accused of. He was fired because he was dating subordinates, NOT because he had ever attempted any coercion or used such relationships to hire, fire or promote. Indeed one of Smiley's defenses was that he never got involved in matters of job assignments or promotions for anyone. Therefore he could have played no favorites nor would anyone ever reasonably have made decisions based on any perceptions of potential job advancements or job impediments; he simply was notorious for staying out of all such concerns.
December 20th, 2017 at 6:35:51 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Wizard
Personal insult. Three-day suspensions for each case.

Holy Cow Mike! Would you like me to quote a dozen posts aimed at EB that are less subtle insults than the one you suspended him for? Same for AZ......

I don't want to because I don't want the lefties suspended, the back and forth is what makes a debate.... a debate!

I have a lesbian friend who uses the phrase 'man up'! I guess I need to tell her not to anymore!
December 20th, 2017 at 6:50:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
EB's little swipe at me was clearly intended to be an insult.

I don't think AZ saying "man up" was an insult, or at least I certainly don't take it as one. He's always talking about how men should act like men. Liberals are beta males. Yada yada yada. Just a bunch of meaningless nonsense to me....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 20th, 2017 at 7:09:33 AM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
Threads: 0
I knew something was up when Bob started posting over on WoV again...