Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

December 25th, 2017 at 6:49:04 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Oxford ethics professor adorns Harvey Weinstein with some sort of cloak of invisibility but it is more "untouchability" due to his aggressive defenses. Weinstein paid for his fun thru time, energy and huge legal fees. That doesn't make him invisible it makes his attackers effectively invisible. Selfish? Solitary? These are not necessarily evil traits despite Crisp's interpretations of Plato. The difference between manipulating an opponent in a poker game and manipulating the media is one of time, energy and finances, not morality.
December 27th, 2017 at 1:45:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
DOJ scolds Obama administration over reported groping, harassment, office sex

Looks like Obama had Larry Flynt running the place!
The President is a fink.
December 27th, 2017 at 1:50:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

Well, yeah. Mrs Clinton gave the OK for
this behavior 25 years ago, Lib men get
a free groping pass. Duh..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 5th, 2018 at 5:43:34 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Some questions about Woody Allen.

English writer Richard Morgan is not necessarily a neutral arbitrator but has declared Woody Allen's private journals indicate an obsession with teenage girls. Mariel Hemmingway announced she was terrified about her kissing scene in the movie Manhattan but scene took place with others around and no one on set said anything.

It appears however that after the movie wrapped Allen wanted her parents to okay a Parisian trip wherein Woody Allen was repeatedly vague as to the sleeping arrangements. Mariel's final decision was no trip without guarantee of separate rooms.

So I don't know if this means Woody Allen was indeed obsessed with teenage girls or if perhaps an appropriate word might be interested.

However, the focus of the NY Literatti headlines is clearly focusing on Woody Allen being obsessed with teenage girls based on what is referred to as an "analysis" of his private journals by Richard Morgan.
January 5th, 2018 at 7:00:20 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: odiousgambit
Babs, I love you for bringing your perspective. And for the most part, these male creeps, well, I'm not carrying any water for them.

But, especially when it comes to Hollywood, you don't think there were a few times when it was the woman who led the way to the 'casting couch' and then decided much later it was just revenge time?

I'm sure there are women taking advantage of the climate. No question. I would start with Leeann Tweeden if someone asked me for a name. But knew several women in my profession who used it for unfair advantage, or to fight their own demotion for incompetence, and at least one case of completely false aspersions on an innocent guy. And women superiors acting predatory toward subordinates, though I think that's relatively rare.

They make me even madder than most of the guilty men. They create resentment and blur a legitimate problem. They make it tougher for those of us who insist on level playing fields and advancement on merit because they legitimize the skepticism or disbelief with which these claims were previously approached. And they cause many other legitimate women to stay silent so as not to be taken as one of them, which in turn enables the predators to continue. Vicious circle.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 5th, 2018 at 7:08:11 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: Fleastiff
Some questions about Woody Allen.

English writer Richard Morgan is not necessarily a neutral arbitrator but has declared Woody Allen's private journals indicate an obsession with teenage girls. Mariel Hemmingway announced she was terrified about her kissing scene in the movie Manhattan but scene took place with others around and no one on set said anything.

It appears however that after the movie wrapped Allen wanted her parents to okay a Parisian trip wherein Woody Allen was repeatedly vague as to the sleeping arrangements. Mariel's final decision was no trip without guarantee of separate rooms.

So I don't know if this means Woody Allen was indeed obsessed with teenage girls or if perhaps an appropriate word might be interested.

However, the focus of the NY Literatti headlines is clearly focusing on Woody Allen being obsessed with teenage girls based on what is referred to as an "analysis" of his private journals by Richard Morgan.

Seems to me like an open secret for decades. Soon-yi, his child bride. Mia Farrow was about as androgynous as they get. Several young girls featured, not just Muriel, in his movies. He himself is scrawny, underdeveloped, and admittedly bisexual. So his body type preference is likely undeveloped, slender, boyish hips, etc. As far as questions go, few if any out there. Judgments on him and his preferences and actions, plenty.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 5th, 2018 at 7:13:36 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman

Well, yeah. Mrs Clinton gave the OK for
this behavior 25 years ago, Lib men get
a free groping pass. Duh..

It's kind of ridiculous to say this is about Lib men. Politics aren't a defining characteristic of predatory behavior. Trump is. Bannon is. Pence is not. Clinton is. GWBush was, changed for Laura. Bernie is not. Obama is not. Kennedy was. Strom Thurman was. Full spectrum of ideology.
January 5th, 2018 at 7:36:29 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: beachbumbabs
Seems to me like an open secret for decades. Soon-yi, his child bride. .

On the flip side, she remains his wife at age 47. That also says something.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 5th, 2018 at 7:50:26 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: terapined
On the flip side, she remains his wife at age 47. That also says something.

Very true.
January 5th, 2018 at 11:31:00 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: beachbumbabs
. Soon-yi, his child bride..
I don't know if he was condemned for "robbing the cradle" or because Soon-yi was thought to have been his adopted daughter. In fact, he married Mia Farrow but never adopted Soon-yi so there was no father-daughter relationship.