Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

January 6th, 2018 at 4:28:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman

Well, yeah. Mrs Clinton gave the OK for
this behavior 25 years ago, Lib men get
a free groping pass. Duh..

It's kind of ridiculous to say this is about Lib men. Politics aren't a defining characteristic of predatory behavior. Trump is. Bannon is. Pence is not. Clinton is. GWBush was, changed for Laura. Bernie is not. Obama is not. Kennedy was. Strom Thurman was. Full spectrum of ideology.

Please reread what we are are saying. It is about the free pass liberal men get. Look at all the women who defended Bill Clinton and his sexual harassment. That is what we are talking about. If it is a conservative male, the feminists get upset. If he loves abortion, he gets a free pass.

Would you have voted to remove Bill Clinton?
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2018 at 6:17:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob

Well, yeah. Mrs Clinton gave the OK for
this behavior 25 years ago, Lib men get
a free groping pass. Duh..

It's kind of ridiculous to say this is about Lib men. Politics aren't a defining characteristic of predatory behavior. Trump is. Bannon is. Pence is not. Clinton is. GWBush was, changed for Laura. Bernie is not. Obama is not. Kennedy was. Strom Thurman was. Full spectrum of ideology.

Please reread what we are are saying. It is about the free pass liberal men get. Look at all the women who defended Bill Clinton and his sexual harassment. That is what we are talking about. If it is a conservative male, the feminists get upset. If he loves abortion, he gets a free pass.

Nobody gets a free pass from me and I'm a lib now
Damm straight I would vote to remove Bill Clinton and Donald Trump
Both are disgusting sexual predators. Both are liars.
I am no hypocrite
To defend Trump but attack Bill Clinton, that's being a hypocrite

The bottom line.
Anybody that defended Bill Clintons sexual assaults were wrong and disgusted me
Anybody that defends Trumps sexual assaults are wrong and disgust me
Sexual assault is wrong regardless of politics
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 7th, 2018 at 2:26:44 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Maybe I have a short memory but when was Clinton ever accused of a sexual assault? I know he had an affair with some minor white house staffer who gave him a blow job but I don't recall any allegation of it being non-consentual or assaultive in any manner.
January 7th, 2018 at 2:51:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Fleastiff
Maybe I have a short memory but when was Clinton ever accused of a sexual assault? I know he had an affair with some minor white house staffer who gave him a blow job but I don't recall any allegation of it being non-consentual or assaultive in any manner.

Yes, at least a couple of women, and in the case of Juanita ‘You better get some ice on that’ Broaddrick it is pretty disturbing . Willey case is disturbing too; in both instances you have to decide if you believe them or not.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 7th, 2018 at 4:50:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
ESPN fires Donovan McNabb, Eric Davis after sexual misconduct probe

ESPN firing McNabb for any reason just feels so good!
The President is a fink.
January 7th, 2018 at 5:12:15 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff

I remember back in the day during his Presidency their was a woman on the TV show 60 min that accused him of sexual assault
I'm sure this can be found on the internet
Its so hypocritical to point to Clinton defenders back then to excuse Trump
Anybody that defended Bill Clinton's sexual assault were wrong then. Bill Clinton disgusts me
Anybody that defends Trumps sexual assaults are wrong now. Trump disgusts me
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 8th, 2018 at 12:39:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I didn't watch the Globes, but this was Seth Meyers opening line.

Quote:
It's 2018. Marijuana is finally allowed, and sexual harassment finally isn't. It's been years since a white man has been this nervous in Hollywood. For the male nominees in the room tonight, this will be the first time in three months it won’t be terrifying to hear your name read out loud."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 8th, 2018 at 5:38:47 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Pot is finally allowed and sexual harassment finally isn't.

NOPE. Pot is finally allowed and sexual harassers finally are not. Sexual harassers or those thought to be, or who might be thought to be or who have the potential to be a sexual harasser. Or who have had the shadow of a sexual harasser fall upon them or who might at some future time have the shadow of a sexual harasser fall upon them.

The NRA is a one issue lobby, global warming is a one issue lobby, Sexual Harassment is a one issue lobby wherein absence of a vagina is proof of unassailable guilt.

Many women are no longer bothering with police complaints, just going straight to civil lawsuits. Strike while the iron is hot or more precisely, strike while the jury pool is so favorable.
January 8th, 2018 at 7:09:54 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: azd

I honestly don't know. I can't remember whether Juanita Broderick or any others beyond Paula Jones and Monica were well-known at the time the question was considered.

I recall that I didn't believe Paula Jones as to intent - she felt like a woman who would go to his hotel room with less-than-innocent intent, then either back out of implied participation or change her story as it became more advantageous from her POV to claim it was unwanted.

Monica, I objected strenuously to that being brought forward. There was no question it was consensual, initiated, encouraged, and prolonged by her, and she wanted to have intercourse but he refused. She was legally an adult, though very immature. He was weak and selfish and gave in to his impulses. Not really impeachable.

I also don't agree he lied under oath, which I've posted before. Lots of women have extensive activity, even anal and oral sex, and still consider themselves virgins. Lots of men agree. Very common in the South, not so much in other parts of the country. So if "sexual relations"= vaginal pentration and everything else is "heavy petting" to someone, how do you call it a lie to say you didn't have "sexual relations"?

Sure, it's splitting hairs (pun intended), but my Midwest culture would make the distinction between hand-genital contact being heavy petting, and penetration of any orifice with a penis sexual relations.

In the end, I think I would have voted not to impeach if those were the only 2 complaints, as those matters were mostly irrelevant to whether he could do the job and I knew one was consensual and the other one likely at least to start, but I would have supported censure since it was questionable at best with an intern inside the WH, of legal age or not.

If Willys/Broderick/whoever were out there and credible during deliberations, maybe. But I think we saw the ugly underside of self-righteous woman judgment out of Gillibrand and other Senators, and they were wrong, too. Did a lot of damage rushing to push Franken out, whether he deserved to be or not. There's a process. And there are degrees of misbehavior.

I don't agree anyone gets a free pass, ideologically. And part of the damage Bill did was reflected in Hillary's failure to get nominated in 2008 or elected in 2016, and in Gore's loss in 2000 . So there are consequences. I just don't think there's any one standard that can be set.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 8th, 2018 at 7:18:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
If Willys/Broderick/whoever were out there and credible during deliberations, maybe. .

Rush talked about these women all
the time in the 90's, as did Sean
Hannity. Daily sometimes. I've
known their stories in detail for well
over 20 years.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.