Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

January 9th, 2018 at 2:50:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs

Monica, I objected strenuously to that being brought forward. There was no question it was consensual, initiated, encouraged, and prolonged by her, and she wanted to have intercourse but he refused. She was legally an adult, though very immature. He was weak and selfish and gave in to his impulses. Not really impeachable.

LOL! WOW!

So Bill was "weak" and it was all Monica's fault? Really? The leader of the free world was not strong enough to tell an intern who was acting like a slut to get the hell out of his office and never come back?

Have you ever had any sexual harassment training?

Are you saying that if you worked in a place where the boss was getting oral sex in his office that you would just keep working there ant tell people you don't care because "it's consensual?"

Your post is why I do not take you or any liberal woman who complains about Trump's accusers seriously. Not one bit. Your outrage is selective. And your credibility is reduced to zero.

Bill Clinton was not capable of turning down an intern who was hitting on him, yet Trump is somehow not qualified to be POTUS because of his personality. Thanks! I needed a good laugh this early in the AM.
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2018 at 4:35:34 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Bill perjured himself and was disbarred, that should not be overlooked; he is also complicit with helping her screw up her life, though she was maybe a train wreck waiting to happen ... still.

I had a Bill C. supporter, an acquaintance, tell me it was all BS, that Clinton was just lying because, duh, how do you admit to having sex with an intern .... that he should get a pass, we shouldnt be so Puritan about sex these days.

I told him the problem wasn't having sex but he was doing it in the street and scaring the horses.

Referencing Mrs Patrick Campbell, a British actress's famous comment.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mrs_Patrick_Campbell
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 9th, 2018 at 5:16:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: odiousgambit
Bill perjured himself and was disbarred, that should not be overlooked; he is also complicit with helping her screw up her life, though she was maybe a train wreck waiting to happen ... still.

I think the train wreck had already happened. IIRC she had previously let herself get pregnant and had an abortion. She was a little rich girl, hanging around DC to snag herself a rich and powerful man. Similar to that intern that ended up killed a few years later.
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2018 at 12:05:39 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Not sure who this Haggis is but he claims to be a Scientology critic and that his attackers may be scientologists.
January 9th, 2018 at 12:32:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
LOL! WOW!

So Bill was "weak" and it was all Monica's fault? Really? The leader of the free world was not strong enough to tell an intern who was acting like a slut to get the hell out of his office and never come back?

Have you ever had any sexual harassment training?

Are you saying that if you worked in a place where the boss was getting oral sex in his office that you would just keep working there ant tell people you don't care because "it's consensual?"

Your post is why I do not take you or any liberal woman who complains about Trump's accusers seriously. Not one bit. Your outrage is selective. And your credibility is reduced to zero.

Bill Clinton was not capable of turning down an intern who was hitting on him, yet Trump is somehow not qualified to be POTUS because of his personality. Thanks! I needed a good laugh this early in the AM.

No one will take you seriously if you don't know that consent doesn't mean the same as non-consensual grabbing or groping.

What Trump and Clinton have in common is not Lewinsky, but the other accusations against Clinton by other women who are not Monica.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 9th, 2018 at 12:42:46 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff
Not sure who this Haggis is but he claims to be a Scientology critic and that his attackers may be scientologists.

Maybe he is being targeted by scientology and maybe not. He used to be in scientology.
They used to hold him in high esteem bragging that he won an Oscar for directing Crash
Now that he is out and a scientology critic, Scientology says Crash was way over rated.
The AP did interview all the accusers.
I read the stories
Seems very plausible
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 9th, 2018 at 12:55:36 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Fleastiff

Well I'm glad he's not a scientologist anymore. I really liked his show Due South from the 1990's.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 9th, 2018 at 1:09:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Maybe he is being targeted by scientology and maybe not. He used to be in scientology.
They used to hold him in high esteem bragging that he won an Oscar for directing Crash
Now that he is out and a scientology critic, Scientology says Crash was way over rated.
The AP did interview all the accusers.
I read the stories
Seems very plausible

I hate to say it, but when I heard about the Haggis accusers my first thought was "this is probably a smear campaign by Scientology."
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 9th, 2018 at 1:41:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
No one will take you seriously if you don't know that consent doesn't mean the same as non-consensual grabbing or groping.

Go look up "Hostile Environment" then we can talk. Any place I worked at, Bill's behavior would get you fired.

The President is a fink.
January 17th, 2018 at 9:49:15 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Musings on MeToo, TimesUp, etv.

Would anyone do Helen Mirren's first film in today's environment: A middle aged man painting a naked teen age girl and then having sex with her?

Woody Allen is under fire but what about Gaugin? Do we condemn his art because he had a succession of child brides in a culture that allowed it? Would anyone release Manhattan...a middle aged man and a seventeen year old girl?

Rolf Harris is having his murals destroyed, not just covered over but destroyed. He has been stripped of all medals and the Queen's portrait is officially unlocatable.

I never cared for that Sing Along with Mitch show but would anyone even broadcast a show in today's environment that featured 55 year old males and 18 year old females?

Could Lolita be published or filmed in today's climate?

Would anyone publish Braithewaite's The Dirty Dozen when it featured an American Major sleeping with his host family's fourteen year old daughter?

Would Georgey Girl be a hit if it were re-released in today's environment?

Men have been accused of targeting young women but it seems now that women are targeting men's reputations and above all, men's wallets.