Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

February 21st, 2018 at 9:51:22 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Fleastiff
On January 18th Rose McGowan's book, Brave, comes out. I will read it with interest but also with a measure of skepticism.
I've got to finish it real soon now but for some reason I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought that I would.

She got out of the Children of God cult just as the 'flirty fishing' started but she soon wound up with her mother leaving her in the care of a young man that Rose had met three weeks earlier whose "body shaming" she blames for her anorexia and bulimia bouts. I know what living in Los Angeles without a car is like so can understand her isolation. I also know what hotels in Seattle were like and can't believe she was so naïve to go up to a man's room in that hotel.

The worst thing about the book is the strange orange hue to the pages (artistic?) and the absurdly faint typeface. No, its not just my poor vision and these very expensive but useless new glasses, the typeface is very thin and it annoys me when art is allowed to override functionality.
February 26th, 2018 at 8:07:46 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Weinstein Company sale fell through, bankruptcy declaration is next step.
What is it about the entertainment industry? Even Merchants of Death prefer to become Hollywood Producers.
Was it Vanity Fare or Rolling Stone that recently reported the downfall of Weinsteain started with a women-only convention in a Santa Barbara hotel aimed at taking the entertainment industry away from males.
March 1st, 2018 at 2:01:12 AM permalink
Fleastiff
ABC news reports that woman claims to have been raped by Steve Wynn and to have conceived after that rape incident. Perhaps at last there will be some definitive proof of these allegations. Although of course dna can only prove conception not consent.
March 2nd, 2018 at 12:41:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
casting couch infamy. It's Harvey.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 17th, 2018 at 1:50:58 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Saw some Mickey Rourke movie entitled Sin City (not set in Vegas). It was based on characters from a Graphic Novel (ie, a marketing term for glorified comic book_. Featured some dialog and acting to link together various Pow, Bam, Bash scenes of full screen facial depictions. Sort of a movie of blown up storyboards.

The main point I noticed was that there was a very large type Executive Producer: Harvey Weinstein that remained on screen for a rather long opening producer's credit.

I don't know what an 'executive' producer is, but at least the cable network did not try to clip the opening credits due to a current hysteria situation.

Meanwhile police in Los Angeles and in the UK claim to be making progress on the rape allegations.
March 17th, 2018 at 7:12:58 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
I don't know what an 'executive' producer is, but at least the cable network did not try to clip the opening credits due to a current hysteria situation.

Producer, Executive producer, co-producer, "produced by..."; I don't get the distinction either. I know they supply the money, and the Producer is the person who accepts the Oscar should the film win, but do we really need to see all the names in the credits?
March 17th, 2018 at 8:33:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: zippyboy
Producer, Executive producer, co-producer, "produced by..."; I don't get the distinction either. I know they supply the money, and the Producer is the person who accepts the Oscar should the film win, but do we really need to see all the names in the credits?

Probably has to do with getting paid.

Watch the opening to "Sudden Death" if you want to see a lot of producer credits.
The President is a fink.
March 17th, 2018 at 10:42:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Probably has to do with getting paid..

An executive producer is the top producer,
there can be more than one. They make
the decisions and often supply a lot of
the money to make the thing. Most other
producers listed are just managers.
The guy who get the coffee and donuts
can be called an assistant producer if he
has his brother in law as the EP.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 21st, 2018 at 4:55:59 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Musings on MeToo, TimesUp, etc.

Would anyone do Helen Mirren's first film in today's environment: A middle aged man painting a naked teen age girl and then having sex with her?

Woody Allen is under fire but what about Gaugin? Do we condemn his art because he had a succession of child brides in a culture that allowed it? Would anyone release Manhattan...a middle aged man and a seventeen year old girl still in high school?

Rolf Harris is having his murals destroyed, not just covered over but destroyed. He has been stripped of all medals and the famed Queen's Portrait is officially unlocatable.

I never cared for that Sing Along with Mitch show but would anyone even broadcast a show in today's environment that featured 55 year old males and 18 year old females?

Could Lolita be published or filmed in today's climate? Could it be discussed openly and freely?

Would anyone publish Braithewaite's The Dirty Dozen when it featured an American Major sleeping with his host family's fourteen year old daughter?

Would Georgey Girl be a hit if it were re-released in today's environment?

Men have been accused of targeting young women but it seems now that women are targeting men's reputations and above all, men's wallets.

The Palm, the steakhouse chain famously known for the celebrity caricatures adorning its walls, has removed portraits of Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby after the men were each accused of sexual misconduct.

Hannibal Buress booted off stage by Loyola administration for opening line 'Y'all Fxxx kids, don't ya?"
March 22nd, 2018 at 1:34:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
concerning Woody Allen

Quote:
“Dylan’s older brother Moses has said that he witnessed their mother doing exactly that – relentlessly coaching Dylan, trying to drum into her that her father was a dangerous sexual predator.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/cate-blanchett-on-woody-allen-allegations-social-media-is-not-the-judge-and-jury/ar-BBKzk8E?ocid=spartanntp

I'm still thinking, Woody Allen is most likely one caught up in false charges. Though I also think at this point it is not necessary to blame Dylan either for her belief.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?