Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

March 22nd, 2018 at 2:31:18 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
concerning Woody Allen

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/cate-blanchett-on-woody-allen-allegations-social-media-is-not-the-judge-and-jury/ar-BBKzk8E?ocid=spartanntp

I'm still thinking, Woody Allen is most likely one caught up in false charges. Though I also think at this point it is not necessary to blame Dylan either for her belief.

An adult testifying that she was molested as a child
That is very very strong evidence
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 22nd, 2018 at 2:45:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
An adult testifying that she was molested as a child
That is very very strong evidence

Unfortunately, it's pretty easy to convince children that things happened which didn't actually happen.

The investigations have to be very carefully conducted so as not to lead the witness.

Once they are an adult it is likely irreparable unless you can produce direct contradictory evidence.

It's not that children are unreliable, or lie, although they do both, but the investigation can be worth squat if it's not conducted correctly.

Also see this. Not just children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58AxIGmjEP4
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 22nd, 2018 at 3:32:01 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I fault Mia Farrow for it all.
Woody Allen was never the adoptive father of any of her children.
I don't trust Ronan Farrow at all.
March 24th, 2018 at 5:32:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This never ends. Famous and prolific Native
American writer Sherman Alexi is the newest
name on the list.

"estimates there are between 60 and 70 women who have told her their stories. Dremousis told Indian Country Today, “Many of them thought they were the only one. Right now so many women are terrified of him, they don’t want to talk at all, they are sharing their stories with me. One of the Native authors in question was a woman 20 years younger. He boxed her in on all sides, he sexually harassed her and said, ‘if you tell anyone I will end your career.’ One woman said, ‘you are going to have to rape me because it is no.’ He stopped but never apologized.”
“It is so sad to read story after story after story but the one thing that keeps coming up most often is that he was manipulative. This is infuriating and it is so much worse than I thought. I knew this was awful, but I did not know he was a full-on monster.”

As a result of Dremousis’ tweets and a flurry of discussion on social media, Professor of American Indian Studies at University of Illinois Debbie Reese, (Nambé Pueblo) has made a public announcement that her organization, American Indians in Children’s Literature, will no longer list Alexie as an author and she has begun removing Alexie from 11 years of posts.

This douchebag has let down a whole
culture of people. He was a hero, he
was looked up to and admired, his
first editions go for thousands of
dollars. Not anymore. What's wrong
with men like this..

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/native-news/sherman-alexie-called-sexual-misconduct-twenty-year-period/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 24th, 2018 at 5:49:33 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Is he guilty?
March 24th, 2018 at 6:44:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
Is he guilty?

Read the article
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 27th, 2018 at 7:50:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
LONDON (AP) — Harvey Weinstein's former assistant says she tried to stop him abusing women two decades ago, making him sign a legal agreement that required him to seek therapy and mend his ways.

Zelda Perkins quit Weinstein's film company in 1998, along with a colleague who accused the movie mogul of trying to rape her.

As part of a settlement, Perkins signed a non-disclosure agreement. It kept her silent, but also committed Weinstein to attend therapy for three years. And it required the company to spill the beans to its then-owner, the Walt Disney Co., or to fire Weinstein if he made any more payouts over alleged wrongdoing.

Under the terms of the agreement, Perkins chose the therapist Weinstein was to consult. She doesn't know whether he ever went to the sessions.
"I have no idea if any of the obligations were upheld," Perkins told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

She said that a year after she left the company she ran into Weinstein at the Cannes Film Festival, and "he told me that everything I had done was pointless."

[...]

Perkins was in her early 20s and says he had barely heard of Weinstein when she began working for his then-company, Miramax, in London. She says he was a challenging employer.

"Everybody knew that he had a roving eye and he pushed it with women," she said. He also had a fearsome temper, and didn't respect usual office boundaries, sometimes walking around naked or in his underwear.

"I was 22 and I was like, 'OK, this is what it must be like in the big league,'" Perkins said. "This guy is really important — he doesn't have time to wear his trousers."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/ex-weinstein-assistant-says-she-tried-to-stop-him-in-1998/ar-BBKMY3D?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 28th, 2018 at 2:27:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Quote:
LONDON (AP) — Harvey Weinstein's former assistant says she tried to stop him abusing women two decades ago, making him sign a legal agreement that required him to seek therapy and mend his ways.

Zelda Perkins quit Weinstein's film company in 1998, along with a colleague who accused the movie mogul of trying to rape her.

As part of a settlement, Perkins signed a non-disclosure agreement. It kept her silent, but also committed Weinstein to attend therapy for three years. And it required the company to spill the beans to its then-owner, the Walt Disney Co., or to fire Weinstein if he made any more payouts over alleged wrongdoing.

Under the terms of the agreement, Perkins chose the therapist Weinstein was to consult. She doesn't know whether he ever went to the sessions.
"I have no idea if any of the obligations were upheld," Perkins told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

She said that a year after she left the company she ran into Weinstein at the Cannes Film Festival, and "he told me that everything I had done was pointless."

[...]

Perkins was in her early 20s and says he had barely heard of Weinstein when she began working for his then-company, Miramax, in London. She says he was a challenging employer.

"Everybody knew that he had a roving eye and he pushed it with women," she said. He also had a fearsome temper, and didn't respect usual office boundaries, sometimes walking around naked or in his underwear.

"I was 22 and I was like, 'OK, this is what it must be like in the big league,'" Perkins said. "This guy is really important — he doesn't have time to wear his trousers."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/ex-weinstein-assistant-says-she-tried-to-stop-him-in-1998/ar-BBKMY3D?ocid=spartanntp

Why would someone keep working in such a place? Oh, yeah, to be near all the fame!

The pants thing is kind of funny. A bit like the "More Cowbell!" skit:

"We all put our pants on one leg at a time. I just don't put my pants on around the office as I make hit movies!"
The President is a fink.
March 28th, 2018 at 6:59:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: zippyboy
Producer, Executive producer, co-producer, "produced by..."; I don't get the distinction either. I know they supply the money, and the Producer is the person who accepts the Oscar should the film win, but do we really need to see all the names in the credits?

Executive Producers don't do s**t other than provide the check. Look how many movies Steven Speilberg is listed as "Executive Producer" for. He has nothing to do with most of them other than his company Amblin Entertainment funding them. For the movies he directs, he gets listed as "Producer."

Producers are the ones who do all the work that one associates with "producing." Finding locations, scheduling the shoot, making sure the sets are built on time, keeping the movie on budget, etc.

On the Star Wars: The Last Jedi DVD, there is a great little documentary called "The Director and the Jedi" which shows everything that goes into the making of the movie with director Rian Johnson and his producer Ram Bergman. Very informational.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 27th, 2018 at 11:48:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Speaking of Tom Brokaw, he's got plenty of support.

Quote:

Over 60 of Tom Brokaw's female colleagues – including Rachel Maddow, Maria Shriver and Andrea Mitchell – signed a letter in defense of the former NBC Nightly News anchor following sexual harassment allegations against Brokaw.

"As professional women, we fully endorse the conversation around abuse of power in the workplace. In the context of that conversation, we would like to share our perspectives on working with Tom Brokaw," the 64 women – a mix of "producers, correspondents, anchors, directors, executives, researchers, personal assistants, editors and technical staff" – wrote in their letter.

"We are current and former colleagues of Tom’s, who have worked with him over a period spanning four decades… He has given each of us opportunities for advancement and championed our successes throughout our careers. As we have advanced across industries — news, publishing, law, business and government — Tom has been a valued source of counsel and support. We know him to be a man of tremendous decency and integrity."

The letter comes one day after Linda Vester, a former NBC News correspondent, told Variety that Brokaw "groped and assaulted" her during the Nineties. Vester detailed numerous encounters with Brokaw, including one instance where he allegedly assaulted her in a hotel room.

"He grabbed me behind my neck and tried to force me to kiss him," Vester claimed. "I was shocked to feel the amount of force and his full strength on me. I could smell alcohol on his breath, but he was totally sober. He spoke clearly. He was in control of his faculties." A second, anonymous woman also accused Brokaw of harassment.

Brokaw told Variety in a statement provided by an NBC News representative, "I met with Linda Vester on two occasions, both at her request, 23 years ago because she wanted advice with respect to her career at NBC. The meetings were brief, cordial and appropriate, and despite Linda's allegations, I made no romantic overtures towards her at that time or any other."

Friday morning, Brokaw penned a denial of Vester's "sensational claims" in a lengthy letter that he sent to NBC News colleagues later reprinted in full by The Hollywood Reporter.

"It is 4:00 am on the first day of my new life as an accused predator in the universe of American journalism. I was ambushed and then perp walked across the pages of The Washington Post and Variety as an avatar of male misogyny, taken to the guillotine and stripped of any honor and achievement I had earned in more than a half century of journalism and citizenship," Brokaw wrote.

"I am angry, hurt and unmoored from what I thought would be the final passage of my life and career, a mix of written and broadcast journalism, philanthropy and participation in environmental and social causes that have always given extra meaning to my life. Instead I am facing a long list of grievances from a former colleague who left NBC News angry that she had failed in her pursuit of stardom."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rachel-maddow-maria-shriver-sign-letter-defending-tom-brokaw/ar-AAwrCUT?ocid=spartanntp