Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

May 15th, 2018 at 1:03:50 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
There have been news reports of Harvey Weinstein's wife professing complete ignorance of any improper activities on her husband's part.

I don't buy it. Rich men tend to have wives who value their husband's wealth and such women often take out "insurance policies" on their husband's wealth. Such insurance policies can range from the mundane attendance at social events to watch his drinking and "roving eye" habits, to the hiring of private detectives, CPAs and lawyers to keep tabs on his business dealings. Rich wives tend to protect their investments or at the very least be aware of the risks to the money that their husbands have. Wives know that the youth and beauty they invested in their husbands will fade over time but they don't want the income stream to also fade away.
May 15th, 2018 at 10:57:13 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
There have been news reports of Harvey Weinstein's wife professing complete ignorance of any improper activities on her husband's part. I don't buy it. .

Nobody does. This is typical that
wives of cheating husbands often
say they had no idea. It's because
they're in constant denial about it,
they dismiss what their friends tell
them and the gossip they hear.

I've seen it in real life, wives in denial.
They don't want to deal with it so they
convince themselves it's a lie.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 15th, 2018 at 11:09:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Nobody does. This is typical that
wives of cheating husbands often
say they had no idea. It's because
they're in constant denial about it,
they dismiss what their friends tell
them and the gossip they hear.

I've seen it in real life, wives in denial.
They don't want to deal with it so they
convince themselves it's a lie.

Certain kind of wives figure it goes with the territory. The husbands get to fool around and the wives get to shop the husbands broke. If the woman is not all that into sex in the first place she is probably happy to let some other woman pick up the slack. In return, they get the prestige.
The President is a fink.
May 15th, 2018 at 11:12:25 AM permalink
Fleastiff
While I might tend to agree about the denial or the frequent choice to overlook the sexual activity, I think in the Harvey Weinstein case the activity was so pervasive and so expensive that the wife had to be aware of the financial activity as well. She might ignore some things but can't ignore all of them.

Its like the old joke about the private detective who reported to the husband: I followed you and your wife to the train station, saw you get onto the train, your wife remained there for a few minutes then a man got into your car and I could see thru the window that they kissed passionately for several minutes, then they drove to a video store where I could see thru the window that they selected a Triple X video, then they drove to the Love Nest Motel where I could hear thru the manager's open window that your wife insisted on a room with a waterbed and a mirrored ceiling, then they went to Room Four for several hours but they closed the curtains. So the husband replied to the private detective he had hired: "You see, there is always that element of doubt".
May 15th, 2018 at 1:59:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
She probably knew because he was at it for a long time. Perhaps they had grown apart and she didn't go out of her way to catch him though.

Most people get caught because they miss some detail. The wife gets in the passenger seat and seat has been readjusted or sun visor is moved. Guy doesn't notice the trace of perfume, because he was around it for hours, wife smells it right away.

He could of hid it better because of his particular business probably, but any interested spouse would likely catch up to him sooner or later. Just walking into a room and seeing the expressions change on two people faces as they try to cover what they were on about will bother some people to start looking into things more often. But if they don't really care, they may not.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 15th, 2018 at 2:22:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
She probably knew because he was at it for a long time.

She knew because her 'friends' would
TELL HER. Women love giving the bad
news to other women, I've seen women
revel in it. Just doing her a favor, they
say, just keeping her informed. Any rumor
gets back to the wife first and foremost,
thru the over the back fence pipeline.

It's schadenfreude all the way, in it's
full glory..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 23rd, 2018 at 10:40:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Moses Farrow writes an essay defending his father, Woody Allen.

https://mosesfarrow.blogspot.com/2018/05/a-son-speaks-out-by-moses-farrow.html

It's a lot longer than this, but here's part of it.

Quote:
To the actors who have worked with my father and have voiced regret for doing so: You have rushed to join the chorus of condemnation based on a discredited accusation for fear of not being on the “right” side of a major social movement. But rather than accept the hysteria of Twitter mobs, mindlessly repeating a story examined and discredited 25 years ago, please consider what I have to say. After all, I was there – in the house, in the room – and I know both my father and mother and what each is capable of a whole lot better than you.

To my sister Dylan: Like you, I believe in the power of speaking out. I have broken my silence about the abuse inflicted by our mother. My healing began only after getting away from her. And what she has done to you is unbearable. I wish you peace, and the wisdom to understand that devoting your life to helping our mother destroy our father’s reputation is unlikely to bring you closure in any kind of lasting way.

Finally, to my mother: One thing you always said you appreciated about me was my ability to listen. I listened to you for years and held your truth above all others. You once said to me, “It’s not healthy to hold onto anger.” Yet here we are, 26 years later. I’m guessing your next step will be to launch a campaign to discredit me for speaking out. I know it comes with the territory. And it’s a burden I am willing to bear.

But, after all this time, enough is enough. You and I both know the truth. And it’s time for this retribution to end.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 23rd, 2018 at 10:56:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Moses Farrow writes an essay defending his father, Woody Allen.

Mia Farrow had a screw loose when she
was married to Sinatra. Why would she
have changed.
May 24th, 2018 at 4:03:44 AM permalink
Fleastiff
I've never trusted the sister or that brother, Roman Farrow.
Woody Allen was never an adoptive father to Mia Farrow's brood.
May 24th, 2018 at 8:49:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Now Morgan Freeman.
The President is a fink.