Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

September 8th, 2018 at 10:37:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
So, if someone robbed your house and was found "not guilty" but robbed someone else's house and was found guilty, he was not let off for robbing yours?
The President is a fink.
September 8th, 2018 at 11:13:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
So, if someone robbed your house and was found "not guilty" but robbed someone else's house and was found guilty, he was not let off for robbing yours?

Yeah, I’d spend all my time pissed off that the robber got sent to prison for a different crime than the one I wanted them to get locked up for. /sarcasm
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 8th, 2018 at 11:54:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Yeah, I’d spend all my time pissed off that the robber got sent to prison for a different crime than the one I wanted them to get locked up for. /sarcasm

Something tells me otherwise.
The President is a fink.
September 8th, 2018 at 3:07:41 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Yeah, I’d spend all my time pissed off that the robber got sent to prison for a different crime

I believ that!
u already spend alll of your time pissed off at people on an internet forum who disagee with u................
September 8th, 2018 at 4:21:40 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: YeahBaby
I believ that!
u already spend alll of your time pissed off at people on an internet forum who disagee with u................

and u spend all of ur time stalking me on here cuz i got u nuked at wov

that must suck!
September 8th, 2018 at 6:10:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
and u spend all of ur time stalking me on here

Yeah, no. He rarely posts, how
can he be taking all his time
to stalk you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 8th, 2018 at 6:36:29 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
He rarely posts

I’m an atheist, but I think the saying goes “Thank god for small favors.”
September 11th, 2018 at 3:48:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Financial impact of MeToo and other feminist movements concerning sexual exploitation.

A friend of Shane Black is often cast in fairly minor supporting roles in his movies including the latest version of Predator, some sort of science fiction movie theme.

As the movie was about to be shown at a Canadian film festival, one of the stars (female) seems to have googled this minor supporting actor and complained to Shane Black that a convicted sex offender was part of the cast and that he had an underlying offense involving online sexual solicitation of a 14 year old girl. Now the offense, guilty plea, sentence, etc. is all over with but the female star seemed to want total 'career death' for the man and Shane Black (of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Predator fame) immediately cut his now former friend out of the movie that aired at the festival.

So one tweet from a female and judicial system decisions and financial rehabilitation decisions are rendered moot.
September 19th, 2018 at 4:23:24 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Continued male bashing.
Editor at NY Review of Books published an article that appears to have been an attempt to facilitate Jian Ghomeshi's return to journalism after his ouster from the CBC and his trial on various counts of sexual offenses under Canadian law.

Editor stated. He was acquitted of some charges and other charges were dropped.
He was not found guilty of violations of the law but apparently may have deserved some social opprobrium due to his activities and values, though the Editor went on to say that he had no idea to what degree or for how long Jian Ghomeshi should suffer.

It seems many employees of the NY Review of Books objected and many feminists objected to Ghomeshi being given a platform for a possible comeback particularly when the article was of such poor quality.

For those who need some background on the case: Ghomeshi re-invigorated CBC radio obtaining youthful listeners and creating new radio and tv shows. His own lawyer seemed to admit Ghomeshi was rarely concerned with foreplay and considered a female's initial consent to be a consent to all that night and also to events of the next morning. Ghomeshi claimed to have been honest and open about his activities and values particularly his abhorrence of conversation and to have never used threats or intimidation to obtain consent. The judge condemned many of the tactics used by his accusers and particularly attacked the use of the phrase "learning the system" when the Judge said there is nothing to "learn"... its The Truth, The whole truth and nothing but the truth right from the beginning without any tactics, demands or negotiations on the part of the accusers.
September 22nd, 2018 at 3:29:50 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Fleastiff
Continued male bashing.
Jane Fonda: They can sweep the floor at Starbucks until they learn.
Learn what?
Not to have 'caveman values'?
Not to have values that conflict with the values you want them to have?