We are all Baptists now

Page 2 of 4<1234>
November 6th, 2017 at 10:10:25 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: kenarman
Attack was apparently stopped by a hero getting his rifle and forcing the gun man out. Hero then commandeered a passing motorist and they chased the gunman until he crashed. Some reports have the gunman bleeding out from shots he took from the hero at the gunfight at the church.
Hopefully this catches on more and more like airline passengers more frequently jumping on unruly or threatening other passengers.

More CCP interventions happen than are reported, for whatever reason? Probably the anti gun crowd not wanting to believe their safety is provided by other citizens that are carrying?

One thing not tried is getting more people to carry. The latest WM shooting had 3 CCP holders drawing down on the criminal. It works.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 6th, 2017 at 10:22:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
Hopefully this catches on more and more like airline passengers more frequently jumping on unruly or threatening other passengers.

More CCP interventions happen than are reported, for whatever reason? Probably the anti gun crowd not wanting to believe their safety is provided by other citizens that are carrying?

One thing not tried is getting more people to carry. The latest WM shooting had 3 CCP holders drawing down on the criminal. It works.

If you want to defend yourself and your family, fine. But I'd sue someone who makes a mistake and injures me or mine in the process, trying to play policeman.

If you think that's unfair, consider I would sue (or at least try to) a policeman who acts recklessly outside of expectations and causes preventable injury or death.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 6th, 2017 at 10:53:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
If you want to defend yourself and your family, fine. But I'd sue someone who makes a mistake and injures me or mine in the process, trying to play policeman.

Here in Michigan, a Home Depot got robbed. As the (unarmed) thieves were running into the parking lot to flee, a woman with a concealed carry permit opened fire on them.

She was sentenced to 18 months of probation and lost her CCP.

This still makes me laugh:

Woman who shot at shoplifters vows to 'never help anybody again' after conviction
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 6th, 2017 at 10:57:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
They are reporting that the gunman was
an atheist. That explains everything. But
wait, 99.9% of these terrorists are very
connected to a god belief. Allah akbar,
god is great. Ring any bells?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 6th, 2017 at 11:50:51 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
That is perfectly reasonable.

I decided years ago, where I draw the line as to whether or not I would shoot someone. And it isn't over property. Although, a warning shot at times does wonders.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 6th, 2017 at 12:27:12 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
They are reporting that the gunman "preached atheism", whatever that means? Anyway I don't think his atheism was the motivation behind the shooting, but it made me wonder outside of Islam has there been any other religious people who have committed mass murder?

Praying for our country and our society.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 6th, 2017 at 12:44:28 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
but it made me wonder outside of Islam has there been any other religious people who have committed mass murder?

Have you heard about the Crusades and the Inquisition?

How about the massacres of innocent Rohingya in Myanmar?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 6th, 2017 at 12:48:14 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: FrGamble
outside of Islam has there been any other religious people who have committed mass murder?

Of course there have been. This was just from a cursory search, restricted to christians. There are plenty more of non-Islam religions out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh#Religious_beliefs

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/an-accurate-look-at-timothy-mcveighs-beliefs-cms-15532

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

and somehow you keep forgetting about the inquisitions

http://see_the_truth.webs.com/Inquisition.html

Quote: Pope Innocent, Papal Bull of 25 March 1199
anyone who attempted to construe a personal view of God which conflicted with the Church dogma must be burned without pity.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 6th, 2017 at 1:23:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Jim Jones.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 6th, 2017 at 1:30:39 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I'm sorry I was thinking of more recent things, it sounds like maybe the most recent was 1995 with the Oklahoma City bombing?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
Page 2 of 4<1234>