4 votes (50%)
1 vote (12.5%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

November 27th, 2017 at 6:31:45 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: miplet
Everyone would get 3 cards including a dummy player. The dummy player will only say if they can or cannot disprove a statement. They don’t move or make suggestions. Game 11 linked in the OP has only 3 players.

I guess anyone can bail out too as it seems one can dummy up midstream we now see... on to colonel mustard then. PS: Actually, Bob, you could have just made a wild guess as to an Accusation if you wanted to quit. Tiny chance you could have won the game with big bragging rights.

I hadn't thought of this before, but I guess with this dummy business [which I had forgotten we were doing] just two people can play?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 27th, 2017 at 6:42:25 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: miplet
I can make you a dummy so you don’t have to do anything. Is that ok with everyone?

Fine with me. I think this option should be available upon request and not need a vote, should it happen again.

Maybe even a button on your interface that says "quit game."
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 27th, 2017 at 6:44:32 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Wizard
Fine with me. I think this option should be available upon request and not need a vote, should it happen again.

Maybe even a button on your interface that says "quit game."

just make an accusation to quit
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 27th, 2017 at 7:01:47 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Mustard (Wiz)
Moves outside Ballroom
November 27th, 2017 at 9:08:03 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
White (OD)
Moves outside Billiard Room
November 27th, 2017 at 9:32:43 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Hi Folks. Another question or two, probably for miplet.

Since we are not using dice, i see that when exiting the conservatory, I had the tunnel option to lounge plus the three options to go to 'Ouside conservatory', 'Outside Billiard Room' and 'Outside Ballroom'
What was the value in being able to go outside of conservatory?
If I had gone to 'Outside conservatory' What next steps would be within reach in one move?
Similarly, from where I am now, how far can my next step take me?

Thanks.
November 27th, 2017 at 10:19:53 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: OnceDear
Hi Folks. Another question or two, probably for miplet.

Since we are not using dice, i see that when exiting the conservatory, I had the tunnel option to lounge plus the three options to go to 'Ouside conservatory', 'Outside Billiard Room' and 'Outside Ballroom'
What was the value in being able to go outside of conservatory?
If I had gone to 'Outside conservatory' What next steps would be within reach in one move?
Similarly, from where I am now, how far can my next step take me?

Thanks.

Miplet can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the rule of thumb is you can move one or two "steps" per turn. Think of there being a step outside every room. For example, my last turn I was in the Conservatory but couldn't ask a question there because I did my last turn. Perhaps I wouldn't have wanted to anyway. I chose to move the two steps towards the Ballroom -- one the step outside the Conservatory and the second the step outside the Ballroom. A reason for moving one step is you may want to return to the room you're already in your next turn. Of course, you could do that by moving two steps away too and then returning two steps.
November 27th, 2017 at 10:29:02 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: Wizard
Miplet can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the rule of thumb is you can move one or two "steps" per turn. Think of there being a step outside every room. For example, my last turn I was in the Conservatory but couldn't ask a question there because I did my last turn. Perhaps I wouldn't have wanted to anyway. I chose to move the two steps towards the Ballroom -- one the step outside the Conservatory and the second the step outside the Ballroom. A reason for moving one step is you may want to return to the room you're already in your next turn. Of course, you could do that by moving two steps away too and then returning two steps.
Looks good to me.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
November 27th, 2017 at 11:04:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
I just want to go on record that I did not respond to this obvious bait.

Scarlett kills Green. On death
row refuses 'last rites' claiming
there is no god for the priest to
represent.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 27th, 2017 at 11:40:06 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob

there is no god for the priest to
represent.

Mr. Green (FrG) disproves.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (