8 members have voted

November 30th, 2017 at 3:08:01 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Mustard (bbb)
Enters Lounge
Suggests Miss Scarlet with Candlestick in Lounge
White (OD) disproves
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
November 30th, 2017 at 3:19:55 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
White (OD)
Enters Kitchen
Suggests Mrs. Peacock with Revolver in Kitchen
Green (mip) can't disprove
Peacock (dum) can't disprove
Plum (FrG) can't disprove
Scarlet (Wiz) can't disprove
Mustard (bbb) disproves
November 30th, 2017 at 5:39:12 AM permalink
OnceDear
a question and a suggestion:-
As I understand it, only the last person to play may make an accusation, which will surely be based on the analysis of his most recent suggestion...
That would seem to give rise to the possibility that the next due player can quickly leap in with his move, thus robbing the previous player of the time required to make his analysis and potential accusation.
Is there anything within the game mechanism that removes this risk? If not, should we maybe impose a 5 or 10 minute 'thinking time' before the next player may move?
That thinking time seems currently limited by the amount of attention we pay to the game, in any case, but we could maybe agree to sit quiet for 5 or 10 minutes as a courtesy?
Or am I over thinking this?
November 30th, 2017 at 6:22:15 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: OnceDear
a question and a suggestion:-
As I understand it, only the last person to play may make an accusation, which will surely be based on the analysis of his most recent suggestion...
That would seem to give rise to the possibility that the next due player can quickly leap in with his move, thus robbing the previous player of the time required to make his analysis and potential accusation.
Is there anything within the game mechanism that removes this risk? If not, should we maybe impose a 5 or 10 minute 'thinking time' before the next player may move?
That thinking time seems currently limited by the amount of attention we pay to the game, in any case, but we could maybe agree to sit quiet for 5 or 10 minutes as a courtesy?
Or am I over thinking this?
We normally would post right after the suggestion that we might be making an accusation.

I’m on my last break at work. Will make my move in about 45 minuets when I’m off.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
November 30th, 2017 at 6:32:21 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: miplet
We normally would post right after the suggestion that we might be making an accusation.

I’m on my last break at work. Will make my move in about 45 minuets when I’m off.

Cool.
I still can't get over how much data your last suggestion yielded in that last game. Either you are a genius or luck has more to play in this game that I'd realised. . . or both.
November 30th, 2017 at 7:14:03 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Green (mip)
Enters Ballroom
Suggests Mr. Green with Rope in Ballroom
Peacock (dum) disproves

Note to everyone: dummy players can’t reorder their cards. If they have more than one they will show character first, then weapon, and room last. If they have already shown you a card , they will show you that one again. So if dummy showed me Rope, I would know he didn’t have Green. If he showed Ballroom, then he didn’t have Green or Rope.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
November 30th, 2017 at 8:50:47 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Plum (FrG)
Stays in Lounge
Suggests Mrs. Peacock with Candlestick in Lounge
Scarlet (Wiz) disproves
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 30th, 2017 at 9:21:44 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
if making an accusation I suggest withholding the posts , then post all at once including the accusation

not foolproof I guess
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 30th, 2017 at 9:25:52 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: odiousgambit
if making an accusation I suggest withholding the posts , then post all at once including the accusation

not foolproof I guess

Was thinking the same thing. However, i don't know if, when someone has made a move but not yet posted, anyone else checking the Move log would also see the move. I'm guessing they would. But it wouldn't do them much good if it's not their turn. Unless we're allowing accusations out of turn?
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
November 30th, 2017 at 10:21:41 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Scarlet (Wiz)
Enters Conservatory
Suggests Mrs. Peacock with Knife in Conservatory
Mustard (bbb) disproves
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »