Cheap TV with pause Live TV option

December 3rd, 2017 at 8:16:35 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 753
A popular money saving option in recent years is to go back to the antenna, and possibly supplement with Hulu $12 and Netflix $11. Hulu lets you easily watch TV shows the next day without commercials saving you the expense of getting a DVR for the antenna at roughly $300 to $500

But it is still nice to be able to pause antenna TV or build up a buffer so you can fast forward through commercials. I've always thought it would be nice to simply have that feature in a television without having to spend a lot of money on a DVR.

It seems as if a manufacturer has finally added a pause and a 90 minute buffer to television (a $7 sixteen GB thumb drive is required). This 43" TV only costs $300 and has that option.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXZ18WR/ref=twister_B01MY48T0O?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
December 9th, 2017 at 5:22:55 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 75
I would like to see these in hotels
Mustard:You like Kipling, Miss Scarlet? Sure, I'll eat anything [from movie]
December 9th, 2017 at 7:23:49 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 753
Quote: odiousgambit
I would like to see these in hotels

I don't know how many hotel TVs are hooked up to an antenna input. Hotels often make significant money on Pay per View and probably don't want to make it easier to watch streaming content.

• Live TV Pause is available on digital TV shows received on the TVís antenna input only, and only when the TV is linked to a valid Roku account.
  • Simply connect your own USB drive with 16GB or bigger capacity to the TV and pause live TV for up to 90 minutes.