No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)
No votes (0%)

4 members have voted

December 4th, 2017 at 3:24:39 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
As I write this some landscaper outside is blowing away, giving me a headache with all the noise. Happens all the time in my home office. I hear the city of Santa Barbara banned them, which I applaud.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 4th, 2017 at 3:36:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
My brother has a neighbor blowing leaves from her yard onto his. He asked her to stop blowing her leaves on his yard. Asked nicely.

She said she was blowing "his leaves" and that she called the Boro about it.
The President is a fink.
December 4th, 2017 at 3:37:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
As I write this some landscaper outside is blowing away, giving me a headache with all the noise. Happens all the time in my home office. I hear the city of Santa Barbara banned them, which I applaud.

I stopped raking leaves in the 80's
and every spring they are always
gone. Amazing. Where do people
think topsoil comes from.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 4th, 2017 at 3:37:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Do you use anything like the Bose "quiet comfort" headphones on planes? The work pretty well for this kind of stuff as well. A little light background music, and that's all you hear.

$300 - if anyone is looking to buy you a present of Xmas.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 4th, 2017 at 3:38:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
I stopped raking leaves in the 80's
and every spring they are always
gone. Amazing. Where do people
think topsoil comes from.

Heh. I got 15 or so bags of leaves to make my own topsoil. I take their grass in the summer. You need nitrogen and carbon both. Will take a few years but I will get a nice, leveled bed for my garden.
The President is a fink.
December 4th, 2017 at 4:03:53 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
She said she was blowing "his leaves" and that she called the Boro about it.

What a %&*@. Leaves fall and blow all over the place. I would say the leaves belong to whoever's property they land on, not from whose tree they fell from.

Likewise, my neighbor has a fig tree that overhangs my yard. I feel any figs that fall onto my side belong to me, which my dog happily eats.
December 4th, 2017 at 4:06:48 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Do you use anything like the Bose "quiet comfort" headphones on planes? The work pretty well for this kind of stuff as well. A little light background music, and that's all you hear.

I have some noise cancelling headphones but I just use normal ear muffs, the same kind the leaf blowers wear, here at my desk. I'm wearing them now.

As if by some divine joke, after I posted this thread, the street sweeper came by. You can hear that thing from a half mile away.
December 4th, 2017 at 4:14:55 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
As if by some divine joke, after I posted this thread, the street sweeper came by. You can hear that thing from a half mile away.

Just wait until someone develops the street blower :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 4th, 2017 at 4:28:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
What a %&*@. Leaves fall and blow all over the place. I would say the leaves belong to whoever's property they land on, not from whose tree they fell from.

Likewise, my neighbor has a fig tree that overhangs my yard. I feel any figs that fall onto my side belong to me, which my dog happily eats.

You don't know this crazy old bat. She has two "No Trespassing" signs on her front yard. I don't know what to equate this neighborhood to in Vegas, but it is your typical upper-middle class kind of place. And she has "No Trespassing" signs!

She called the cops on a birthday party for a 5 year old! Cops were apologizing, explaining they have to take a call. I think she called another time I was not there. Next party I plan to park on the street, right at the property line.
The President is a fink.
December 4th, 2017 at 4:30:45 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Nobody likes those things. There are noise level rules for the people who use them but none for the people who have to endure the noise and the dust.
Page 1 of 3123>