2 votes (33.33%)
1 vote (16.66%)
2 votes (33.33%)

6 members have voted

December 11th, 2017 at 5:06:10 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: odiousgambit
I suppose the game could wind up in a draw until players are forced to make accusations, or we have to agree to 'not play that way' ...
There is occasionally a perfectly reasonable advantage to be had by bringing a suspect to a room. But it would be just plain wrong to drag the game into stalemate, and I for one would not intentionally play that way: We've put too many hours in. I doubt if, with 5 players still active, any one player could force stalemate on the other 4.
December 11th, 2017 at 5:17:56 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I'd like to second that sometimes there is a strategic reason for dragging a player into a room he/she probably doesn't want to be in. I've never held a grudge when this seemed to be done to me.

That said, in chess there are a number of ways a draw can happen but two common ones are:

1. Mutual agreement
2. So many moves, about 60 I think, where nothing of significance happens, meaning a piece is taken, a pawn is moved, or a castle.

As for mutual agreement, I think it is still early yet, so I'm a no vote.

I'd like to suggest that at the conclusion of round 7, if there isn't a winner, the game will considered a draw among all remaining players. Players who already made an incorrect accusation will still be deemed to have lost. For score-keeping purposes, I'll divide whatever points are available among players still standing. For example, in this game everybody would get 0.2 points, except FrG, assuming the same five are still standing.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 11th, 2017 at 5:18:21 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Green (odg)
Enters Conservatory
Suggests Mr. Green with Candlestick in Conservatory
Peacock (Wiz) can't disprove
Plum (OD) disproves

no accusation
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 11th, 2017 at 5:25:36 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Peacock (Wiz)
Moves outside Dining Room

No accusation.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 11th, 2017 at 5:25:38 PM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: Wizard
I'd like to second that sometimes there is a strategic reason for dragging a player into a room he/she probably doesn't want to be in. I've never held a grudge when this seemed to be done to me.

That said, in chess there are a number of ways a draw can happen but two common ones are:

1. Mutual agreement
2. So many moves, about 60 I think, where nothing of significance happens, meaning a piece is taken, a pawn is moved, or a castle.

I'd like to suggest that at the conclusion of round 7, if there isn't a winner, the game will considered a draw among all remaining players. Players who already made an incorrect accusation will still be deemed to have lost. For score-keeping purposes, I'll divide whatever points are available among players still standing. For example, in this game everybody would get 0.2 points, except FrG, assuming the same five are still standing.

I agree that we should have a stalemate rule, but need to give it more thought. When the crime scene is a side room, we could easily get to round 7 without resolution, but resolution may be 1 step away. Maybe if we say 2 cycles of the table where none of us gained ANY information. I doubt that could happen very often.
I suspect we are all to good at this game $:o)
December 11th, 2017 at 5:28:48 PM permalink
OnceDear
Plum (OD)
Moves outside Billiard Room.
We can't expect crime scenes to come to us :o)
December 11th, 2017 at 5:30:12 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Wizard

1. Mutual agreement

since it is true that it can be part of strategy, it's hard to ban it. I am ok with mutual agreement draw or make it a draw at the conclusion of round 7. Mutual agreement would have to be unanimous, no?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 11th, 2017 at 5:38:19 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Scarlet (FrG)
Moves outside Dining Room
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
December 11th, 2017 at 5:41:17 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Mustard (mip)
Moves outside Billiard Room
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
December 11th, 2017 at 5:42:53 PM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: odiousgambit
since it is true that it can be part of strategy, it's hard to ban it. I am ok with mutual agreement draw or make it a draw at the conclusion of round 7. Mutual agreement would have to be unanimous, no?
How about keeping it simple. At any time we can unanimously agree to call it a tie among remaining players*, but at round 10, each player has his very last chance at an accusation. If he chooses not to accuse, he could be one of the joint winners, but if he accuses wrong, he is a joint loser, and of course if anyone accuses correctly...

I reckon we are all sporting enough to not intentionally completely ruin a game.
Page 6 of 9« First<3456789>