2 votes (33.33%)
2 votes (33.33%)
1 vote (16.66%)
2 votes (33.33%)

6 members have voted

December 12th, 2017 at 12:53:56 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Well done Miplet. Right place at the right time.

I thought we were in for a lot of walking or a spate of guessing.
Most enjoyably frustrating game so far.

FYI, I had Plum, revolver, conservatory. Had completely resolved all bar 4 rooms ( one pretty unlikely) the other 3 more or less equally likely to eachother.
Just a matter of time.
December 12th, 2017 at 1:04:07 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
And for those who like to pretend you were me:

Cards shown to you:
White (bbb) has Colonel Mustard
Peacock (Wiz) has Lounge
Peacock (Wiz) has Mrs. White
Green (odg) has Miss Scarlet
Plum (OD) has Conservatory

Cards you have shown:
Peacock (Wiz) was shown Rope
Plum (OD) was shown Wrench
Plum (OD) was shown Rope
I also had Study

And here is what my spreadsheet looked like before my turn. As you can see I was down to 2 suspects (of which only OD could hold) and 3 rooms (of which only FrG could hold). I would personally like to thank OD for entering the Library instead of the Billiard Room.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
December 12th, 2017 at 1:24:57 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: miplet

Cards shown to you:
Peacock (Wiz) has Lounge

Cards you have shown:
Plum (OD) was shown Rope
I also had Study

And here is what my spreadsheet looked like before my turn. As you can see I was down to 2 suspects (of which only OD could hold) and 3 rooms (of which only FrG could hold). I would personally like to thank OD for entering the Library instead of the Billiard Room.

Ah! From your sheet I actually realised I'd missed a trick. My view of your role hadn't eliminated Scarlet holding Plum, but now I see it, as Scarlet must have held two rooms and already held a weapon.

I skipped Billiard room in an effort to cover as many rooms as quickly as possible: Ie, get to study and ballroom quicker if it came to that. My hope was that someone entering Billiard room would not have the weapon and killer right and would eliminate that room for me.

I'd suggested Plum and revolver as misdirection to those players who hadn't eliminated both :o) Peacock and Lead pipe were looking just too favourite :o)
Apologies Wizard and ODG for deliberately summoning you to rooms that were not where you wanted to be. Wicked chuckle doing that.
December 12th, 2017 at 1:37:10 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Congrats, miplet!

I held mustard, candlestick, library.

I had peacock and lead pipe, was headed for billiard room when I was plucked once again to the L-C vortex. But Billiard was a guess to be eliminated; can't say I had it.

Onward, eh?
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 12th, 2017 at 1:46:18 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: miplet

Cards shown to you:
Peacock (Wiz) has Lounge

Cards you have shown:
Plum (OD) was shown Rope
I also had Study

In the interest of sharing... here's my detective sheet.
December 12th, 2017 at 2:17:48 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I had Green, Scarlet, Kitchen cards and was ready to accuse Peacock and Lead Pipe for some time, but I forget why I favored Peacock over Plum, who I couldnt prove was eliminated - [edit] oh, I think it was just that I figured FrG got that part right. Being yanked back into the Conserv/Lounge loop was the end of Reverend Green.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 12th, 2017 at 2:20:28 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: odiousgambit
I had Green, Scarlet, Kitchen cards and was ready to accuse Peacock and Lead Pipe for some time, but I forget why I favored Peacock over Plum, who I couldnt prove was eliminated. Being yanked back into the Conserv/Lounge loop was the end of Reverend Green.
Tee Hee. I did it to Wiz too.
I made one early mistake in showing you revolver, where I'd probably have been better showing you conservatory, which everyone else got to see ( or not need to see )
Card order can matter :o)
December 12th, 2017 at 2:24:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: OnceDear
Tee Hee. I did it to Wiz too.
I made one early mistake in showing you revolver, where I'd probably have been better showing you conservatory, which everyone else got to see ( or not need to see )
Card order can matter :o)

I can see you are getting to be a more and more dastardly and fiendish opponent as time goes on!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 12th, 2017 at 6:36:17 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Congratulations Miplet.

On my accusation, I chosen randomly between the Billiard Room, Library, and Dining room, using a random number drawn in Excel. Had the random number (between 0 and 1) been higher than 2/3, I would have won. This time I think it was a risk worth taking.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 12th, 2017 at 8:07:48 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: Wizard
Congratulations Miplet.

On my accusation, I chosen randomly between the Billiard Room, Library, and Dining room, using a random number drawn in Excel. Had the random number (between 0 and 1) been higher than 2/3, I would have won. This time I think it was a risk worth taking.
Hmmmmm Can't see how you eliminated Plum, which I held and showed noone? Peacock was favourite though. Indeed, I can't see how you eliminated Green or Rope, either. I wonder if you'd assumed that I would use default or fixed card order, which I didn't? If so, you arrived at the right conclusion from the wrong assumptions.

Just curious. You don't have to reveal your tricks of the trade.
Page 8 of 9« First<56789>