OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Wizard
Who is in?
Me for sure
December 15th, 2017 at 1:33:43 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I'm in. Still traveling. Will try to be timely. Ok to text me if I haven't responded here for some reason.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 15th, 2017 at 1:41:09 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I'm in
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 17th, 2017 at 2:32:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I've made this modification to the blogpost defining our game,

*in the boardgame it makes no sense to move down the corridor if an accusation was intended, however using the Miplet app a player has to move before he can accuse. Note that sometimes a player's only move is "out of the room" so this need to move in the corridor at times, even on a turn with an accusation, now trumps a rule we had prior to using the Miplet app .

That prior rule was that a move ending in the corridor signaled that a player was not making an accusation. Such player was in the same position as a player sitting at a table with the original boardgame wanting to make an accusation: there is no need to move unless it is part of making a suggestion first. We needed this rule as we were constantly confronted with delays in those days. It took forever sometimes just to get a suggestion through: each suggestion had to wait for each player to show up.

Did we ever agree to the time we should allow after a move, for an accusation? Although players have been good about indicating it, I've still been using the time stamp and giving thirty minutes.
December 17th, 2017 at 7:10:44 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: odiousgambit
Did we ever agree to the time we should allow after a move, for an accusation? Although players have been good about indicating it, I've still been using the time stamp and giving thirty minutes.

Personally, I don't click the submit button on my previous turn until I've made the accusation. That way nobody will think my turn is over. Alternatively, if you say "accusation imminent," then the next player should wait. I don't think we need to slow down the game with a waiting period unless it is specifically requested.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 17th, 2017 at 7:50:13 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Wizard
Personally, I don't click the submit button on my previous turn until I've made the accusation. That way nobody will think my turn is over. Alternatively, if you say "accusation imminent," then the next player should wait. I don't think we need to slow down the game with a waiting period unless it is specifically requested.

I'd say the next player should not start 'immediately' but I don't think we have to define 'immediately', just call it a courtesy thing in case a moment was needed to declare that an accusation is imminent.
December 17th, 2017 at 12:46:16 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: odiousgambit
I'd say the next player should not start 'immediately' but I don't think we have to define 'immediately', just call it a courtesy thing in case a moment was needed to declare that an accusation is imminent.

Seems like we've been approaching this from several angles as games are played. Sometimes people say proceed or no accusation.

Sometimes people say accusation imminent, sometimes they don't ,they just go forward with the accusation.

And sometimes people have simply waited.

It's not up to me to ask miplet to do something, but could there be a yes/no accusation that could be clicked after each move and before the app posts? It would be pertinent whether making a room suggestion or just a move. Then people would know affirmatively either way.

Meant to ask about that "no accusation when moving out into the hallway" rule, so I'm glad you brought it up. I'd like to see it not just trumped, but eliminated. The "no exit" game was a good example of why it's too restrictive. You can learn the room through other player's guesses, but potentially not play your best strategy by being forced to stay in a room to accuse.

It also might be really interesting to require an accusation to be made while in the correct room, as done in the original game. I'd like us to consider trying that 2-3 times, see if it adds fun and strategy or is just a pita.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 17th, 2017 at 12:48:08 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I'm out for the foreseeable future, some big and busy days coming up.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 17th, 2017 at 1:40:09 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: beachbumbabs
It also might be really interesting to require an accusation to be made while in the correct room, as done in the original game. I'd like us to consider trying that 2-3 times, see if it adds fun and strategy or is just a pita.
Sorry. I'd be dead set against that. This is principally a game of deduction. To make it necesary to have us all lunging/plodding to the room in question would seriously detract from the game and chance would start to dominate strategy..
Page 1 of 61234>Last »