2 votes (50%)
3 votes (75%)
3 votes (75%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

December 20th, 2017 at 8:40:54 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
i had plum, candlestick, ballroom ... interesting the dummy Plum did not disprove once

I think players as a group are getting better at not revealing too much of what they do know, before they know much else themselves
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 20th, 2017 at 8:57:48 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: OnceDear
Assuming you had Scarlet, Mustard and Billiard room. Even after your round the table suggestion, you seem to have had 6 more or less equally possible solutions.Remarkably early to accuse.

Yes, those were my cards. I knew it was a long shot but was pretty confident I wouldn't get another turn. If you have to throw a Hail Mary to win, then throw it and pray. No regrets for accusing but I do regret a mistake somewhere on my detective pad that screwed everything up. I might have mixed in some information from game 20.

Miplet, can you tell us what everyone had? I think this was one of the more interesting games we've played in terms of logic.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 20th, 2017 at 8:59:27 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: odiousgambit
i had plum, candlestick, ballroom ... interesting the dummy Plum did not disprove once

I think players as a group are getting better at not revealing too much of what they do know, before they know much else themselves
Except, of course, we are limited in what we can hide when the player just after us proceeds to have a suggestion that goes round the table and identifies the darned scene of crime :o(

But, I agree. There's lots of skill at this table :o) I need to bring my luck into it.
December 20th, 2017 at 9:08:32 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Congratulations OG! I was 50/50 on wrench/knife.

I had revolver, conservatory, kitchen.

Went to school on Wizard's guess, got it wrong.

Yeah, I also noticed dummy/Plum revealed nothing. Bet he had the knife.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 20th, 2017 at 11:52:18 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: Wizard
Yes, those were my cards. I knew it was a long shot but was pretty confident I wouldn't get another turn. If you have to throw a Hail Mary to win, then throw it and pray. No regrets for accusing but I do regret a mistake somewhere on my detective pad that screwed everything up. I might have mixed in some information from game 20.

Miplet, can you tell us what everyone had? I think this was one of the more interesting games we've played in terms of logic.

1= Scarlett
2= Mustard
0 = the solution

hummmnmm. Look who had the knife. Every time someone had it in a suggestion, they also said either White or Peacock.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
December 20th, 2017 at 12:19:31 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Plum had 3 rooms!

2 off the main track, so to speak
December 20th, 2017 at 5:27:08 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I've been going over this game and I definitely blew it somewhere along the line and the error just cascaded. One thing I'm castigating myself over is this turn by BBB:

Quote: game 21, round 2
White (bbb )
Stays in Billiard Room
Suggests Colonel Mustard with Lead Pipe in Billiard Room
Green (odg) can't disprove
Peacock (mip) can't disprove
Plum (Dum) can't disprove
Scarlet (OD) disproves
December 18th, 2017 at 6:00:58 PM

I had the bloody Billiard room and Colonel Mustard. So, which one do you think OD had? Hmmm.....

What weapon do I ask for right before my accusation?

Quote: round 4

Mustard (Wiz)
Enters Lounge
Suggests Colonel Mustard with Lead Pipe in Lounge
White (bbb ) can't disprove
Green (odg) can't disprove
Peacock (mip) can't disprove
Plum (Dum) can't disprove
Scarlet (OD) disproves -- LEAD PIPE
December 20th, 2017 at 1:02:56 AM

If it is of any consolation after I clean up my detective pad I was further away than I thought.

The suspect was a toss up between Green and Peacock

The weapon could have been the knife, candlestick, or wrench.

The Lounge couldn't be totally ruled out as OD might have had that in addition to the lead pipe. So, if we assume the Lounge was right, I still had only a 1/6 chance. What I accused was one of the possible six. However, if I had made an intelligent suggestion on round 4 I would have had a 1/3 chance of identifying the weapon and if I didn't could have narrowed it down to two. So my chances on my accusation should have been (1/3)*(1/2) + (2/3)*(1/2)*(1/2) = 2/3 instead of 1/6.

Okay, carry on with what you were doing. I'll be sitting in the corner with the dunce cap back on my head minding my own business for a while.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 20th, 2017 at 6:02:50 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Back in game 20 I forgot to change the character in my suggestion and got shown the same card.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
December 20th, 2017 at 6:22:21 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: miplet
Back in game 20 I forgot to change the character in my suggestion and got shown the same card.

oh, that really does it, no? Yet it happens. I assume early on OnceDear got treated to it? If not I am impressed.
December 20th, 2017 at 6:59:44 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: miplet

That in itself is misleading. I had to assume that character was still in play when you did it. Not that you "messed up"h....which maybe you didn't.

It could he a useful way to throw people off, if what you really want to know is something else from the people who sit in between you and the person with that character card.

I've certainly planned.things at times with that possibility in mind. But haven't seen anyone else I could tell used that subterfuge. 20-odd games in, I hope I'm not educating anybody.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
Page 6 of 6« First<3456