2 votes (25%)
1 vote (12.5%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

December 16th, 2017 at 3:44:14 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
In the fray of sexual harassment claims, you don't hear accusations again my own Ruben Kihuen (D) much. He is the newly-elected representative for Nevada's 4th district, where I live. I guess its because there are a lot of House members and Kihuen is new.

Here is an article with more information: Dem Rep. Kihuen won't seek re-election amid sexual harassment claims, from Fox News.

I find it kind of sad how one accuser can bring down Kihuen yet 15 can't bring down the president, who has openly bragged about it, as we all know.

What's your position?

p.s. The 7th choice should be, "This issues doesn't INTEREST me much."
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 16th, 2017 at 4:28:45 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Wizard
What's your position?

This will be a Pyrrhic victory for feminists.

I wonder why there are no allegations of child molesting? Where have all the Dennis Hasterts gone? All these claims of sexual innuendo have dwarfed the much more sinister abuse of juveniles on the hill. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/09/us/politics/09page.html

Flirtation is completely natural .
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 16th, 2017 at 4:47:59 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: petroglyph
This will be a Pyrrhic victory for feminists.

Let me save others the trouble by defining this:

A Pyrrhic victory (/ˈpɪrɪk/ (About this sound listen) PIRR-ik) is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way, though the heavy toll negates a true sense of achievement or profit. -- Wikipedia.

Quote:
I wonder why there are no allegations of child molesting? Where have all the Dennis Hasterts gone? All these claims of sexual innuendo have dwarfed the much more sinister abuse of juveniles on the hill.

Maybe. I think preying on children is 100 times worse than adults.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 16th, 2017 at 5:26:48 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Ruben Kihuen was born in Guadalajara, Mexico. His family moved to the United States when he was age 8.

At the age of 32 he intended to run for Representative from the heavily Latino (43%) first district encompassing downtown Las Vegas. Despite the large Latino population, no Hispanic had been elected to Congress. Dina Titus (ethnically Greek), had been Representative from NV 3rd district for two terms until she was beaten by Republican Joe Heck. Dina decided to run for 1st district and Kihuen withdrew rather than compete with the seasoned Democratic politician.

The 4th district (Wizard's district) was created in 2012 and is a battleground district and reasonably diverse. The first 2 year term was won by a Democrat, and the second by a Republican. It has a sizeable but not dominant Latino population. Ruben Kihuen was the first Latino Democrat elected to congress in Nevada.

Ethnicity 4th district
60.96% White
15.76% Black
6.82% Asian
30.19% Hispanic
1.97% Native American
14.8% other

Ruben has been in office for less than a year. Ruben is unmarried and 37 years old and the harassment charges are from another unmarried women who was age 25. The charges include unwanted touching, but not rape. As he probably won't get the Democratic nomination in 2018, he is going to retire.

In the fray of sexual harassment claims, you don't hear accusations again my own Ruben Kihuen (D) much. He is the newly-elected representative for Nevada's 4th district, where I live. I guess its because there are a lot of House members and Kihuen is new.

While unwanted touching is not acceptable, the scale of this harassment case is on a fairly low level compared to the other cases dominating the media.

===================
Nevada has four districts, downtown Las Vegas is diehard Democrat, and Reno and northern Nevada is forever Republican

The third and fourth district which divides the suburbs of Vegas are both battleground districts with the 3rd district having a Democratic Representative while voting for Trump.

NV-01 Titus, Dina (D) 61.6% Hillary 32.6% Trump
NV-02 Amodei, Mark (R) 39.7% Hillary 52.0% Trump
NV-03 Rosen, Jacky (D) 46.5% Hillary 47.5% Trump
NV-04 Kihuen, Ruben (D) 49.5% Hillary 44.6% Trump

NV-03 is one of only twelve districts that voted for a Democrat for congressional representative and Trump for President.
NV-04 is one of the top 10 districts that voted for a Democrat for congressional representative and voted for Hillary by the smallest difference over Trump (by %).
December 16th, 2017 at 7:49:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I find it kind of sad how one accuser can bring down Kihuen yet 15 can't bring down the president, who has openly bragged about it, as we all know.

What's your position?

My position:

1. Trump was engaging in locker room talk. Where were all these accusers for all the years before he ran? Heck, before the final month of the campaign.

2. Any Democrat who defended Bill Clinton has no grounds to be upset. The Democrats wrote a check 20 years ago, they said that character did not matter. They said that harassing women did not matter. The said sexual harassment (look up "hostile environment") with Monica was his own business and lots of leaders did it.

Well, now they have no ground to stand on. They made their bed, now they do not like it. Sorry, but the new standard was set 1992-1999. And it was set 100% by the left.
The President is a fink.
December 16th, 2017 at 8:06:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
My position:

1. Trump was engaging in locker room talk. Where were all these accusers for all the years before he ran? Heck, before the final month of the campaign.

And now we have this Lisa Bloom attorney
paying women huge amounts a month
before the election to accuse Trump of
sexual crimes. It's just another made up
Russia Russia Russia, all talk and nothing
there.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 16th, 2017 at 8:33:42 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Any Democrat who defended Bill Clinton has no grounds to be upset. The Democrats wrote a check 20 years ago, they said that character did not matter. They said that harassing women did not matter. The said sexual harassment (look up "hostile environment") with Monica was his own business and lots of leaders did it.

Once considered a rising star in Democratic politics, Kihuen announced today that he will leave Congress at the end of his first term.

Posted on October 24, 2016

If we believe every charge against Bill Clinton with 100% accuracy then he is far more of a criminal than Ruben Kihuen if we believe in every charge against him with 100% accuracy.

https://rubenforcongress.com/barack-obama-and-joe-biden-endorse-ruben-kihuen

Cresent Hardy may very well run for his old seat back.
December 16th, 2017 at 9:40:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The Democrats wrote a check 20 years ago, they said that character did not matter. They said that harassing women did not matter. The said sexual harassment (look up "hostile environment") with Monica was his own business

I remember it well. It was his private
life, what he did wasn't our business.
Heard it every single day,
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 17th, 2017 at 2:16:56 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Uninvited sexual behavior and inappropriate touching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=142&v=H3H-886XkN4

heterospecific :Of or belonging to a different species.
December 17th, 2017 at 4:59:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
My position:

2. Any Democrat who defended Bill Clinton has no grounds to be upset. The Democrats wrote a check 20 years ago, they said that character did not matter. They said that harassing women did not matter. The said sexual harassment (look up "hostile environment") with Monica was his own business and lots of leaders did it.

Well, now they have no ground to stand on. They made their bed, now they do not like it. Sorry, but the new standard was set 1992-1999. And it was set 100% by the left.

My position
Sexual assault is wrong
It has always been wrong my whole life
I spoke out about Bill Clinton back was he was President and he disgusted me
We have Donald Trump as President and I am speaking up about him as I have spoken out about Bill Clinton
Donald Trump is a disgusting sexual predator
Its sad that AZ makes sexual assault all about politics. AZ cant deal with terapined because I set politics aside when it comes to sexual assault crimes and go after ALL criminals such as Trump and Bill Clinton
Sexual assault is WRONG.
Politics is meaningless to me in regards to sexual assault
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 1 of 212>