NFL losing fans

Page 1 of 41234>
December 17th, 2017 at 5:59:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 3199
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-17/nfl-attendance-continues-plummet-empty-seat-epidemic-enters-week-15

ESPN lost 15 thousand viewers per day in Oct. Surprising how many empty seats, people are really losing interest
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
December 18th, 2017 at 3:26:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 110
Posts: 8660
Quote: petroglyph
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-17/nfl-attendance-continues-plummet-empty-seat-epidemic-enters-week-15

ESPN lost 15 thousand viewers per day in Oct. Surprising how many empty seats, people are really losing interest


They have been for a few years, but the critical mass is just now being noticed. Abuse of fans has caught up with them.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
December 18th, 2017 at 5:45:13 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 54
Posts: 6411
Quote: AZDuffman
. Abuse of fans has caught up with them.
Abuse of fans????? I thought it was the never ending flag protests. Ticket prices? Long lines?
December 18th, 2017 at 6:38:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 110
Posts: 8660
Quote: Fleastiff
Abuse of fans????? I thought it was the never ending flag protests. Ticket prices? Long lines?
ition


Good definition. Add in crazy concession prices. Ever more commercials.

And the general embarrassment the NFL shows as to their working, white-male base. It is as if they do not want us around. Of course, as I gave them their wish.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 4th, 2018 at 9:13:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 110
Posts: 8660
Not totally on topic, and rarely do I repost memes. But this was too good.

The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 4th, 2018 at 9:35:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 54
Posts: 6411
Loss of football fans might be serious but its probably limited to loss of PRO football fans and an increase in college football fans.

I'm sure the owners will pay theselves top salaries all the way down.
January 4th, 2018 at 11:25:43 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 44
Posts: 4165
Quote: Fleastiff
Loss of football fans might be serious but its probably limited to loss of PRO football fans and an increase in college football fans.

I'm sure the owners will pay theselves top salaries all the way down.


I used to be a huge football fan
until
CTE
I now feel sorry for all football players pro or college
I watch very little football due to CTE
Who wants to watch kids inflict brain damage on each other regardless if its pro or college
I watch baseball and basketball.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 4th, 2018 at 12:01:30 PM permalink
kenarman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 7
Posts: 1320
Quote: terapined
I used to be a huge football fan
until
CTE
I now feel sorry for all football players pro or college
I watch very little football due to CTE
Who wants to watch kids inflict brain damage on each other regardless if its pro or college
I watch baseball and basketball.


Still CTE in the other sports you listed terapined.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 4th, 2018 at 12:32:46 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 44
Posts: 4165
Quote: kenarman
Still CTE in the other sports you listed terapined.

huh
?????
Players in basketball and baseball rarely get their head hit.
In football, its a common occurrence. Happens on every single play among multiple players
I played football
My head was constantly pounded on. In this regard, football practice was a lot worse then the games themselves
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 4th, 2018 at 12:44:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 7
Posts: 1320
Quote: terapined
huh
?????
Players in basketball and baseball rarely get their head hit.
In football, its a common occurrence. Happens on every single play among multiple players
I played football
My head was constantly pounded on. In this regard, football practice was a lot worse then the games themselves


Yeah there are no shots to the head by the big guys sharpened elbows in the NBA. No balls to the head or catchers putting a shoulder into a head in baseball. Lots of head shots in any sport. I will grant you that football is probably the worst for CTE but it is not unique. Every watch a downhill skier crash? How about a car race crash of any of it's multiple flavors.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 1 of 41234>