Get rid of Instant Replay

December 18th, 2017 at 2:01:02 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
It has come time to recall the sports we all know and love. I am sick and tired of plays and games being decided by minutiae and centimeters that unaided human eyes could never see. The umpires and referees are players too and yes they do make mistakes, but that has been and always will be part of the game. Zooming in to microscopic level to see if there really was a tag or magnifying catches to the point you can see the ball wiggle a little when the player hits the ground is not getting the call right it is destroying the game.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 18th, 2017 at 2:08:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: FrGamble
It has come time to recall the sports we all know and love. I am sick and tired of plays and games being decided by minutiae and centimeters that unaided human eyes could never see. The umpires and referees are players too and yes they do make mistakes, but that has been and always will be part of the game. Zooming in to microscopic level to see if there really was a tag or magnifying catches to the point you can see the ball wiggle a little when the player hits the ground is not getting the call right it is destroying the game.

I'm a big sports fan
I like instant replay
Lets get it right
Who wants to see a Ump blow a pitchers no hitter perfect game by making a blown call
Get it right

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 18th, 2017 at 2:45:43 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2

Oakland Raiders fan? 😊
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
December 18th, 2017 at 3:42:24 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Yeah, there should be sensors on the ball and field, and an AI referee :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 18th, 2017 at 4:28:27 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: Nareed
Yeah, there should be sensors on the ball and field, and an AI referee :)

The ATP NextGen Finals (tennis tournament for the top men players aged 21 or younger) was played with no line judges. All line calls were determined entirely by Hawkeye.
December 18th, 2017 at 5:15:46 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Aussie
All line calls were determined entirely by Hawkeye.

I'd have guessed Hawkeye would specialize in golf, seeing as how he's the pro from Dover and all :)

The NFL just needs to get rid of rule 27b/6-AAA: All controversial, game-defining calls should be made only in favor of the Patriots.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 19th, 2017 at 6:51:01 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: terapined
I'm a big sports fan
I like instant replay
Lets get it right
Who wants to see a Ump blow a pitchers no hitter perfect game by making a blown call
Get it right

Of course I want to see them get it right, I'd also like to see my team never fumble or my coach to make the right calls. I don't want to watch robots or computers compete, I want to see real live human beings who make mistakes, including the umps and refs. In the world and the world of sports, neither are perfect. The Galarraga tragedy led to some compelling sportsmanship and heartfelt apologizes.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 19th, 2017 at 7:09:12 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Of course I want to see them get it right, I'd also like to see my team never fumble or my coach to make the right calls.
I would like open stadiums and real grass.

edit; oh, and focus in more on the cheerleaders like when football was more real. Those women work very hard and deserve recognition. Surely their poor pay is discrimination, while the brutes just yards away, make millions.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW