it was fast: 3,600 mph

Page 4 of 6<123456>
May 30th, 2019 at 9:25:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
My guess is 3, but with a caveat that it's still not what it seems. A useful military technology would be able to make your enemy see things that don't exist. A projection technology? I'd assume it's easier to create virtual projection than the actual objects moving in that way.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 30th, 2019 at 12:15:33 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: reno
If you were forced to bet, which one would you put your money on?

I don't deny all are possible, but here's how I'd rank em

1) [expanding it: error/malfunctions/misread data] best bet? see below
2) Elaborate hoax/prank/fraud 6th
3) Secret military technology third but far behind
4) Extraterrestrial aliens second best bet, surprised?
5) Humans from the future 5th
6) parallel universe intrusions 4th, the quantum mechanics folks might rank it high
7) intelligent species that evolved on Earth 7th

So, going with #1 ... Let me be clear, to be sure, to get multiple ways the objects are being detected, including visual, multiple times, I have to say this is not a figment of anyone's imagination, and in fact is quite remarkable and even disturbing. I also think it is possible to underrate how weird phenomena in the Earth's atmosphere can be. Just to give one example, in the polar regions it has been reported for centuries that in certain conditions ships in the distance are seen as upside down objects. It just seems at this point , to me, having a gun to my head and having to bet, that the answer is most likely, but still unsatisfactorily, here.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 30th, 2019 at 1:03:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
I also think it is possible to underrate how weird phenomena in the Earth's atmosphere can be. Just to give one example, in the polar regions it has been reported for centuries that in certain conditions ships in the distance are seen as upside down objects.

Almost every category usually has a problem being the answer. I could see perhaps, an atomospheric shadow/reflection perhaps somehow creating the appearance of another aircraft. And the speeding up and the slowing down could be maybe the reflection occurring on closer or further surfaces. But then we get things like a slow rotation of a 4 pronged object. It doesn't become oblong, or change shape like a shadow, just rotates perfectly 90 degrees and stops.

One day, I'm sure someone will show us what illusion was occurring on youtube, with a shoebox, a flashlight, and a glass of water. : )
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 31st, 2019 at 4:25:20 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
I also think it is possible to underrate how weird phenomena in the Earth's atmosphere can be. Just to give one example, in the polar regions it has been reported for centuries that in certain conditions ships in the distance are seen as upside down objects.

I find the pilot error hypothesis to be frustrating because the optical illusion has to simultaneously occur at the same time and place as the radar error and the infrared camera error. I guess these coincidences can happen, but we're talking about the same coincidence happening almost every day from summer 2014 to March 2015? Lt. Graves said, “These things would be out there all day” for 12 hours at a time.

Incidentally, not only had Lt. Graves' F/A-18 Super Hornet received upgraded radar technology before these sightings, but the entire Theodore Roosevelt Carrier Strike Group had just upgraded to the latest operational iteration of the Navy's Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) and its embedded Naval Integrated Fire Control-Counter Air (NIFC-CA) architecture.

Quote: Tyler Rogoway
"At its very basic level, it [CEC] uses the Strike Group's diverse and powerful surveillance sensors, including the SPY-1 radars on Aegis Combat System-equipped cruisers and destroyers, as well as the E-2 Hawkeye's radar picture from on high, and fuses that information into a common 'picture' via data-links and advanced computer processing. This, in turn, provides very high fidelity 'tracks' of targets thanks to telemetry from various sensors operating at different bands and looking at the same target from different aspects and at different ranges.

Whereas a stealthy aircraft or one employing electronic warfare may start to disappear on a cruiser's radar as it is viewing the aircraft from the surface of the Earth and from one angle, it may still be very solid on the E-2 Hawkeye's radar that is orbiting at 25,000 feet and a hundred miles away from the cruiser. With CEC, the target will remain steady on both platform's CEC enabled screens as they are seeing fused data from both sources and likely many others as well.

We are talking about a quantum leap in capability and fidelity here folks.

The data-link connectivity and the quality of the enhanced telemetry means that weapons platforms, such as ships and aircraft, could also fire on targets without needing to use their own sensor data. For instance, a cruiser could fire a missile at a low-flying aircraft that is being tracked by a Hawkeye and an F/A-18 even though it doesn't show up on their own scopes."

Rogoway argues that the timing of this upgrade implies that these UFOs are not from alien planets. He believes this makes it more likely that these UFOs are actually a top secret project of the United States government.

June 1st, 2019 at 4:24:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I find the pilot error hypothesis to be frustrating because the optical illusion has to simultaneously occur at the same time and place as the radar error and the infrared camera error.
These things have to bother anybody trying to write off what is happening as natural phenomena.

That sounds like me, ha ha. Still the other explanations are so 'out there' that it has to have the heaviest weight to me ... but unsatisfactory for sure.
June 1st, 2019 at 4:38:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
The History channel program was disappointing, just too much like the usual UFO stuff, complete with eerie music.

The program went from an interview with a pilot and then just jumps to a completely different matter. It jumped all over the place. This made it feel to me like they felt they didn't have much here , so let's dazzle the audience by all this jumping around. You really have to reflect on certain things to realize how the material they are working with is different, much better than the usual old crap. The people shown have much more credibility. The videos have basically unimpeachable provenance, and that alone is a monumental change to say the least - all visual evidence before recent times has been legitimately either suspect as a hoax or too dismissable as probably natural phenomena, or conveniently close to military exercises . Weird sightings that turned out to be flares being dropped come to mind.

I wouldn't bother looking at the program necessarily, though I probably will keep recording it.
June 1st, 2019 at 6:49:21 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I find the pilot error hypothesis to be frustrating because the optical illusion has to simultaneously occur at the same time and place as the radar error and the infrared camera error.
These things have to bother anybody trying to write off what is happening as natural phenomena.

That sounds like me, ha ha. Still the other explanations are so 'out there' that it has to have the heaviest weight to me ... but unsatisfactory for sure.

Yea its a boring explanation but logical
Too me, UFO's from another planet or military secret super duper tech is just a huge stretch
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 1st, 2019 at 7:19:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
as far as "military secret super duper tech" , I credit that possibility pretty low too, but if you take a different approach and posit that some of the seemingly physically impossible stuff, like instant acceleration/stopping, is actually deceptive/stealth tech in play, it is easier to swallow. In other words, impossible things actually only seem to happen. But as has been pointed out, when you can do that not just with the radar, but infrared and visual too, how can they do that?
June 1st, 2019 at 11:23:00 AM permalink
rxwine
as far as "military secret super duper tech" , I credit that possibility pretty low too, but if you take a different approach and posit that some of the seemingly physically impossible stuff, like instant acceleration/stopping, is actually deceptive/stealth tech in play, it is easier to swallow. In other words, impossible things actually only seem to happen. But as has been pointed out, when you can do that not just with the radar, but infrared and visual too, how can they do that?

I’m going with no pilot decoy technology which is always useful to the military.

You want to protect your real assets, so anything else showing up the instruments can confound your adversary.
As to the physics challenging parts, I assume it is (redacted).
June 2nd, 2019 at 9:15:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: beachbumbabs
I personally am quite sure we are not the only life in the universadvanced civilization to trek umpeen zillion light years to seek us oute. And so, it would be laughable of me to expect any other life is less advanced than we are. Here we are, off in a far corner of a packed and almost infinitely vast universe,
Agree in principle but see no reason for some remote but advanced civilization to trek umpteen zillion light years to seek us out.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>But I should mention that the SR-71 Blackbird's true top speed is still classified, even though it's retired.
A much more likely scenario than curious specimen hunters from some other world.

Cloaking technology has advanced too. Advancing infantry and tanks can take light impinging on their backs and display it onto their front, thus being invisible.
Page 4 of 6<123456>