Page 2 of 2<12
December 24th, 2021 at 8:46:11 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
Amen to that!

Now, onto the airing of grievances...

Do not get me started..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 24th, 2021 at 8:48:30 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Wizard
Amen to that! Now, onto the airing of grievances...

I am grieved and bummed that covid isn't going away.

It grieves me that my son refuses to get vaccinated.

It grieves me to see America morph into something less desirable, less promising, than what I'd hoped for.
December 24th, 2021 at 11:24:59 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
HAPPY FESTIVUS 2020!

In the minimalist spirit of the day using an old thread.
Some friends of ours sent us a nice Amazon gift, and we rewrapped it and forwarded it to someone else.

For a while I was trying to get my kid when he sends out birthday cards to just insert the message and not put ink on the actual card, that way the card which seems
silly expensive can be reused. Nice cards now are north of 7 dollars. Sheesh.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 25th, 2021 at 6:00:16 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph
Some friends of ours sent us a nice Amazon gift, and we rewrapped it and forwarded it to someone else.

For a while I was trying to get my kid when he sends out birthday cards to just insert the message and not put ink on the actual card, that way the card which seems
silly expensive can be reused. Nice cards now are north of 7 dollars. Sheesh.

My parents are old and frugal. For birthdays and anniversaries they go to Walmart and pick out cards for each other. They hand them to each other, read them, and then put them back on the shelf. I do admire that about them.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 25th, 2021 at 6:04:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
My parents are old and frugal. For birthdays and anniversaries they go to Walmart and pick out cards for each other. They hand them to each other, read them, and then put them back on the shelf. I do admire that about them.

That is what I call being raised right!

Beauty of being the bachelor uncle is nobody expects a card. I used to buy a $1 card if I gave the nieces and nephews cash now I just give them silver, which the more years I do it gets more popular. Only the oldest ones for now totally grasp the point but when they are older and every other last gift is mostly forgotten they will have the silver.
The President is a fink.
December 25th, 2021 at 11:01:55 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Wife and I gave up exchanging gifts years ago for xmas and birthdays; she insists however that I give her a card with lots of "mush."

We still give gifts to other people.

Neither of us are particularly materialistic and we already have the things we want.
December 25th, 2021 at 1:35:48 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
Wife and I gave up exchanging gifts years ago for xmas and birthdays; she insists however that I give her a card with lots of "mush."

We still give gifts to other people.

Neither of us are particularly materialistic and we already have the things we want.

My wife and I are the same way, we are fortunate enough to have everything we need and almost everything we want. One Christmas we set a $20 limit for each other and everythig had to be bought at the Dollar store and nothing could cost more than $1. It was fun and interesting.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 2 of 2<12