2018 Dead Pool

July 8th, 2018 at 8:15:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
What happened after that?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 8th, 2018 at 8:40:34 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Now we have PrEP and we can raw dog whoever we want.

Yes as long as you have $1300 a month for the drugs, still no guarantee you won't get Aids or what the long term side affects are. Condoms seem like a pretty good deal compared to PrEP.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 9th, 2018 at 3:51:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Yes as long as you have $1300 a month for the drugs

If you have good insurance, it ain’t $1300 a month.

Heck, my local county’s health dept offers it for free.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 9th, 2018 at 6:51:25 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: ams288
If you have good insurance, it ain’t $1300 a month.

Heck, my local county’s health dept offers it for free.

That really pisses me off that the government would cough up $15k a year so people can be sluts.
July 9th, 2018 at 7:34:17 AM permalink
rxwine
That really pisses me off that the government would cough up $15k a year so people can be sluts.

Well, medicare covers seniors in the US regardless whether you took care of yourself, or destroyed your liver drinking alcohol. If anything they need to correct for all that, not just sexual behavior.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 9th, 2018 at 7:46:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

I highly doubt the actual cost to the health dept is $15k per year.

I think there may be some low income threshold requirements, but I'm not sure.

There are two huge universities within a 5 mile radius around here, so lots of college students take advantage of it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 9th, 2018 at 8:00:50 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
Well, medicare covers seniors in the US regardless whether you took care of yourself, or destroyed your liver drinking alcohol. If anything they need to correct for all that, not just sexual behavior.

So a productive member of society has to buy his personal safety gear (hard hat, boots, safety vest and gloves) in most cases on a construction site to stay safe but the government needs to spend huge dollars on sexual safety. Most jurisdictions make condoms available for free if necessary, that should be enough not over priced drugs.

What exactly do you want to correct with seniors health care? Have some kind of healthy life style test, if you don't pass you get to die on the street behind a dumpster? We better apply the same rules to young risk takers that get hurt doing dangerous possibly dumb stunts/sports.

End of life care is almost always when anybody uses most of the medical care that they require in their whole life. This is true whether you die at 40 or 90.
The people that destroy their liver drinking likely die much younger than they might have. Still the same end of life care costs as a healthy 80 year old dying but society saved years of old age security, might even cost society less in the end. Particularly when you add all the liquor tax they paid.
July 9th, 2018 at 1:22:41 PM permalink
rxwine
What exactly do you want to correct with seniors health care? Have some kind of healthy life style test,

I'm not saying they should, but I am pointing out that there would be no reason not to means test everyone once you start on one group and say you can't have this medical care because of the direct relationship of your life choices to your health.
July 9th, 2018 at 1:54:51 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
do you mean , perhaps, that there should be a rational policy and that it should be consistently applied to all groups? What do you think lobbyists and lawyers and speech writers are for?
July 9th, 2018 at 2:08:14 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
I'm not saying they should, but I am pointing out that there would be no reason not to means test everyone once you start on one group and say you can't have this medical care because of the direct relationship of your life choices to your health.

I don't think that providing a group with $15k a year of free drugs for recreational reasons is valid use of government money. We might as well provide free drugs for the junkies as well.