2018 Dead Pool

August 5th, 2018 at 12:07:19 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine
I never really could figure out why Major Nelson had no interest in her. I mean, not even for a roll in z hay?Guess it would have ruined the plot line.

Movies are increasingly pursuing the plotline where the girls want to be "friends with benefits" but the guy wants something more. I don't see as much broadcast TV anymore, but I gather it is still relatively rare.

It's amazing how much money these stars make at these events where people pay $50 apiece for autographs.

I went to one with my brother, who paid $35 to have Corinne Clery's autograph. She looked like this in the mid 1970s when she made classic erotica.

I wondered if I was supposed to say to her that she looked really hot three decades ago.
August 5th, 2018 at 4:39:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin

I went to one with my brother, who paid $35 to have Corinne Clery's autograph. She looked like this in the mid 1970s when she made classic erotica.

I don't get the thrill of paying for or getting autographs. I have a total of three, none paid for. One only for the possibility to sell. The other two because the guys came to speak at our conference. Today I would not bother waiting in line and when I do meet the occasional sports or local star it is never much more than one would talk to any normal person.

Pay $35? Crazy.

I did ask one local sports figure for a pic but if I told you who it was anyone would say, "Oh, that's different."
The President is a fink.
August 5th, 2018 at 10:19:22 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
It's Evenbob's fault for bringing her up before she was dead. Or putting her down, whichever

Ya know, all the people on the dead
pool list are still alive when we list
them, right? This is not just a thread
about dead people.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 5th, 2018 at 12:23:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Ya know, all the people on the dead
pool list are still alive when we list
them, right? This is not just a thread
about dead people.

So, you predicting she's dead before 2019?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 5th, 2018 at 6:59:52 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
This is not just a thread
about dead people.

It's called a "dead pool" not a "living pool."
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 5th, 2018 at 7:47:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
It's called a "dead pool" not a "living pool."

All the people on our lists are alive,
not dead. Including Barbara Eden.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 5th, 2018 at 8:43:34 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
All the people on our lists are alive,
not dead. Including Barbara Eden.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this. I would appreciate it if you prefaced a comment on a living person that he/she is still living.
August 5th, 2018 at 9:11:29 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
The time to list living people has passed, and afaik we don't allow changes or amendments.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 6th, 2018 at 6:21:28 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
This is a tribute to somebody who just died -- as opposed to having a birthday.

It is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to Charlotte Rae, who played Mrs. Garrett on both Diff'rent Strokes and the Facts of Life. I don't think I've commented personally on a celebrity death since Russell Johnson, who played the professor on Gilligan's Island. It is the iconic sitcoms of the 70's and early 80's that I grew up with and remember with unusual clarity. I've been trying to find a person to torture with Facts of Life trivia for many years but it would seem that other men just didn't watch the show and you know that women will find a way to escape my company after a few minutes.

Charlotte Rae -- Mrs. Garrett from TV's 'The Facts of Life,' 'Diff'rent Strokes' -- dies at 92.

I also remember Mrs G from Diff'rent Strokes. I personally saw the taping of the episode when Mr. Drummond tried a dating service, but think that was after Charlotte Rae left the show. On both shows, Mrs G was once of those iconic parent figures of that era, on a level with the Bradys and Cleavers. However, she did it with a ditzy kind of sense of humor that can never be replaced. I'm not acting critique, but she seemed to dominate every scene she was in, while still letting every other actor shine. I would have been proud to meet her and even more so to know her. They say nobody has left us while their memory is still alive. Charlotte Rae will be well loved by me until the day I die.

August 7th, 2018 at 2:50:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
I've been trying to find a person to torture with Facts of Life trivia for many years but it would seem that other men just didn't watch the show and you know that women will find a way to escape my company after a few minutes.

I watched it when I was very young as it was one of the only things on TV at the time. The two other channels did not have anything to offer. Two other channels!

DS and TFOL were two of the few shows NBC had going for it at the time. IIRC we would watch it then at 9 my parents would switch over to "Love Boat."

Quote:
I also remember Mrs G from Diff'rent Strokes. I personally saw the taping of the episode when Mr. Drummond tried a dating service, but think that was after Charlotte Rae left the show. On both shows, Mrs G was once of those iconic parent figures of that era, on a level with the Bradys and Cleavers. However, she did it with a ditzy kind of sense of humor that can never be replaced. I'm not acting critique, but she seemed to dominate every scene she was in, while still letting every other actor shine. I would have been proud to meet her and even more so to know her. They say nobody has left us while their memory is still alive. Charlotte Rae will be well loved by me until the day I die.

At the time I did not remember her on "Different Strokes." She did have a hard role to handle on TFOL as the show was there to showcase the young girls so it is easy for the adult to get pushed aside. Mostly that didn't happen, at least not to the extent it did on "Family Ties."

As to TFOL, I am sure Blair made some lucky guy a great ex-wife.

The President is a fink.