2018 Dead Pool

December 1st, 2018 at 3:28:04 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: DRich
????

Does the federal government shut down for a day because of this?

Federal government workers get a day off for presidential deaths. I think I enjoyed one when Nixon died.

p.s. If anyone has the time, I'd be interested to see an update of scores for the 2018 death pool. As a reminder, I think everyone was supposed to ante up $25 for it -- winner takes all, which I doubt will be me.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 1st, 2018 at 3:48:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
Federal government workers get a day off for presidential deaths. I think I enjoyed one when Nixon died.

p.s. If anyone has the time, I'd be interested to see an update of scores for the 2018 death pool. As a reminder, I think everyone was supposed to ante up $25 for it -- winner takes all, which I doubt will be me.

As a suggestion for next year maybe we have one thread for picks only and another for one for traditional discussion to make scorekeeping easier?

I think you and I both got two each. Not sure the rest.
The President is a fink.
December 1st, 2018 at 4:06:52 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Wizard

My understanding was that there is an optional $20 side pool.

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/2507/0/#post92343
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 2nd, 2018 at 5:54:05 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Dalex64
My understanding was that there is an optional $20 side pool.

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/2507/0/#post92343

It is looking good for SOOPOO. McCain, Bush, and Lima makes 3. It would take a surprise young death (like Bieber) for me to lose, I think....
I think I'll spend the money on a tenth of a pair of shoes for my girl. Mike can attest.....
December 2nd, 2018 at 10:06:05 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Ken Berry, Star of 'Mayberry, RFD' and 'Mama's Family,' Dies at 85
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 2nd, 2018 at 10:21:29 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: rxwine
Ken Berry, Star of 'Mayberry, RFD' and 'Mama's Family,' Dies at 85

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that when I heard this news, my first thought was, "Isn't "Rerun" already dead?"

December 3rd, 2018 at 5:18:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I just love 41's loyal service dog!

The President is a fink.
December 3rd, 2018 at 5:29:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Poor CNN/MS, they're stuck covering the
passing of a Repub president for the
next week and have to take a break
from trashing Trump 24/7. Awwwwww...

Actually, they hardly go 5 minutes without indirect slights to Trump with comments adding up essentially to remembering when we didn't have the current oaf in the Oval Office. I'd almost surprised I don't hear a comment that dead HW Bush smells better than live Trump.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 3rd, 2018 at 6:43:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Actually, they hardly go 5 minutes without indirect slights to Trump with comments adding up essentially to remembering when we didn't have the current oaf in the Oval Office. I'd almost surprised I don't hear a comment that dead HW Bush smells better than live Trump.

41 had been circling the drain for years. His death is no surprise to anyone. There is plenty of time to both celebrate his life and still get in some good Trump bashing.

Lots of big Mueller court docs coming in the next two weeks.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 3rd, 2018 at 6:49:27 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3

From what I have seen, the "liberal biased fake news media" has expressed nothing but respect for President George H. W. Bush.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan