Page 71 of 72« First<6869707172>
December 18th, 2018 at 4:30:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
75 is hardly going young.

It's quality of life that counts and she
was very ill for a long time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 18th, 2018 at 4:58:49 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: ams288
Penny Marshall dead at 75.

There is another name from my era. I will take on anybody in Laverne & Shirley trivia. I watched it religiously when it was original -- Thursdays on ABC at 8:30, if I remember correctly. I was in the studio audience for one of the latter episodes where they lived in Los Angeles.

When I solid the Wizard business I was trying to think of a new shell corporation name. I wanted to do with Hasenpfeffer Inc., from the L&S theme song, but the name was already taken in Nevada.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 18th, 2018 at 5:16:21 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Wizard
There is another name from my era. I will take on anybody in Laverne & Shirley trivia. I watched it religiously when it was original -- Thursdays on ABC at 8:30, if I remember correctly. I was in the studio audience for one of the latter episodes where they lived in Los Angeles.

When I solid the Wizard business I was trying to think of a new shell corporation name. I wanted to do with Hasenpfeffer Inc., from the L&S theme song, but the name was already taken in Nevada.

My personal favorite moment on the show is the marijuana brownie scene from Season 6, Episode 13.
December 19th, 2018 at 3:23:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Can you explain why the producers changed the setting to SoCal? Were they just out of ideas? IIRC, the move ended up happening almost exactly halfway thru the run.
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2018 at 6:38:21 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Can you explain why the producers changed the setting to SoCal? Were they just out of ideas? IIRC, the move ended up happening almost exactly halfway thru the run.

I think it was a jump the shark move. The move happened in season six out of eight. Ratings feel steeply in season five, due to moving the show in different times in the week, pitting it against the Waltons and Buck Rogers, which were tough competition.

Here is the full version of the theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sLnQ9R9j5A
December 19th, 2018 at 7:11:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I think it was a jump the shark move. The move happened in season six out of eight. Ratings feel steeply in season five, due to moving the show in different times in the week, pitting it against the Waltons and Buck Rogers, which were tough competition.

I did not realize it was that late, thought it was closer to the middle. It was JTS for the most part. I just never got what the reasoning was. IIRC one day Laverne's father had moved to CA to buy a Cowboy Bob's franchise, then the girls got demoted at work, so they left. I just never got the reasoning. Sometimes a setting is moved because they had to tear down the set or something like that. LS it was just, "let's move!"
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2018 at 10:48:35 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
I corrected the scoreboard on page 69

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/2507/68/#post113430
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
December 19th, 2018 at 5:03:42 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
I did not realize it was that late, thought it was closer to the middle. It was JTS for the most part. I just never got what the reasoning was. IIRC one day Laverne's father had moved to CA to buy a Cowboy Bob's franchise, then the girls got demoted at work, so they left. I just never got the reasoning. Sometimes a setting is moved because they had to tear down the set or something like that. LS it was just, "let's move!"

The show stunk after the move. It was a desperate move, probably by the same person, I assume Gary Marshall, that had Fonzie jump the shark, literally.
December 19th, 2018 at 5:04:27 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: JimRockford
I corrected the scoreboard on page 69

Thanks for tabulating the scores. Proud to have taken second place.
December 20th, 2018 at 10:52:15 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Thanks for tabulating the scores. Proud to have taken second place.

Truthfully, you have a spreadsheet of about 100 names with age, probably of death and expected score for each don't you?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
Page 71 of 72« First<6869707172>