Enters Lounge
Suggests Mr. Green with Knife in Lounge
Green (Rob) can't disprove
Peacock (mip) disproves
January 8th, 2018 at 8:56:08 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: miplet
Yes. The only way you can make 2 consecutive suggestions from the same room is if someone called you into a different room before that and were called back into the room you made your last suggestion from.

I'm not in this game, so please excuse the intrusion. I'd like clarification on a specific instance, regarding secret passages.

1. I have just made a suggestion from the kitchen.
2. I am called into the study on someone's turn.
3. I return to the kitchen on my turn via the passage, where I make another suggestion.

Will the game allow me to do this? Or will I be blocked from suggesting after a sequence like this? Your statement above (program rules) would not allow this, but it appears the game rules would. Thanks.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 8th, 2018 at 9:46:20 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: beachbumbabs
I'm not in this game, so please excuse the intrusion. I'd like clarification on a specific instance, regarding secret passages.

1. I have just made a suggestion from the kitchen.
2. I am called into the study on someone's turn.
3. I return to the kitchen on my turn via the passage, where I make another suggestion.

Will the game allow me to do this? Or will I be blocked from suggesting after a sequence like this? Your statement above (program rules) would not allow this, but it appears the game rules would. Thanks.

With all due respect to Miplet's answer, I think this would be allowed in both the board game and Miplet's game. I think Miplet overlooked this scenario in his answer to my question. I, as always, welcome correction if I'm wrong.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 8th, 2018 at 9:52:46 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: Wizard
With all due respect to Miplet's answer, I think this would be allowed in both the board game and Miplet's game. I think Miplet overlooked this scenario in his answer to my question. I, as always, welcome correction if I'm wrong.
Yes I overlooked this in my answer and could make s suggestion from the Kitchen. The program has always allowed this.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 8th, 2018 at 10:01:06 AM permalink
miplet
Peacock (mip)
Moves outside Kitchen
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 8th, 2018 at 10:06:08 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: miplet
Yes. The only way you can make 2 consecutive suggestions from the same room is if someone called you into a different room before that and were called back into the room you made your last suggestion from.
Or, surely, if you went to the corridor and then back into the same room on next move.
January 8th, 2018 at 10:08:24 AM permalink
miplet
Quote: OnceDear
Or, surely, if you went to the corridor and then back into the same room on next move.
Yes. Of course.
January 8th, 2018 at 10:27:19 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Scarlet (Wiz)
Enters Billiard Room
Suggests Professor Plum with Candlestick in Billiard Room
Mustard (Dum) can't disprove
White (OD) can't disprove
Green (Rob) can't disprove
Peacock (mip) can't disprove
Plum (Com) disproves
January 8th, 2018 at 10:28:19 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Scarlet (Wiz)
Accuses Mrs. Peacock with Candlestick in Billiard Room
Wrong!

Had to do it. Figured I probably wouldn't see another turn.
January 8th, 2018 at 1:18:45 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: OnceDear

Thanks very much for the clarification, Wiz and mip.

You can't be called into the corridor, so you have to make what I see as a penalty move in order to return to the same room. The passage at least allows you to make a guess about person and weapon, even if you want to be in the other room instead (and even if you know where the room card is on that end).
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
Page 4 of 5<12345>