Clue game 31

Page 1 of 61234>Last »
Poll
5 votes (83.33%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (50%)
1 vote (16.66%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (33.33%)
1 vote (16.66%)
1 vote (16.66%)
1 vote (16.66%)

6 members have voted

January 8th, 2018 at 9:56:26 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Member since: Oct 23, 2012
Threads: 204
Posts: 4839
Rounding up the usual suspects for the next game.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 8th, 2018 at 10:03:14 AM permalink
OnceDear
Member since: Nov 21, 2017
Threads: 6
Posts: 785
In for me, infamy. They've all got it in for me.
January 8th, 2018 at 10:13:44 AM permalink
miplet
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 7
Posts: 951
Iím ready for another murder as soon as these other 2 crimes get solved.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 8th, 2018 at 10:17:51 AM permalink
OnceDear
Member since: Nov 21, 2017
Threads: 6
Posts: 785
Quote: miplet
Iím ready for another murder as soon as these other 2 crimes get solved.

don't we martingale it? games 31-34 all running in sync, but with different sets of players?

. Nope. bad idea :o)
January 8th, 2018 at 10:28:42 AM permalink
miplet
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 7
Posts: 951
Quote: OnceDear
don't we martingale it? games 31-34 all running in sync, but with different sets of players?

. Nope. bad idea :o)
I've heard chess masters doing this. Way too confusing for this amateur.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 8th, 2018 at 11:19:21 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 92
Posts: 2318
This place is worse than Chicago or Baltimore! I'm in, we gotta solve em.
Mustard:You like Kipling, Miss Scarlet? Sure, I'll eat anything [from movie]
January 8th, 2018 at 1:11:43 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Member since: Sep 3, 2013
Threads: 5
Posts: 1465
Yes thanks. There's an aspect of this that reminds me of my awe 20 years ago, first doing a trivia chat room, with participants all around the world.

Can we have a chat room, please, Mike? It would be so much fun to schedule live games of Clue, Outburst, Trivia, Tribonds, etc among such a good group.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 8th, 2018 at 1:23:07 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Member since: Oct 23, 2012
Threads: 204
Posts: 4839
Quote: beachbumbabs
Can we have a chat room, please, Mike? It would be so much fun to schedule live games of Clue, Outburst, Trivia, Tribonds, etc among such a good group.


I don't see rolling such a feature by hand but am open to doing so by Skype or other outside source. If anyone can recommend a games site where we could play board games live, I'm all ears to the suggestion.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 8th, 2018 at 2:05:36 PM permalink
OnceDear
Member since: Nov 21, 2017
Threads: 6
Posts: 785
Quote: Wizard
I don't see rolling such a feature by hand but am open to doing so by Skype or other outside source. If anyone can recommend a games site where we could play board games live, I'm all ears to the suggestion.

I'm happy to host a simple dedicated chatroom. or we could use slack, skype, or facebook, or any number of alternatives.

Vote for preferred platform and I'll sort it.
I'm inclined to say self hosted is my preference, because why the heck should we give up any more privacy to some shady social media site.
January 8th, 2018 at 2:18:34 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Member since: Sep 3, 2013
Threads: 5
Posts: 1465
Quote: OnceDear
I'm happy to host a simple dedicated chatroom. or we could use slack, skype, or facebook, or any number of alternatives.

Vote for preferred platform and I'll sort it.
I'm inclined to say self hosted is my preference, because why the heck should we give up any more privacy to some shady social media site.


I would love that, and would also prefer something dedicated, though accessible thru here by membership or something. IMO, it would take at least a couple dozen regulars to keep it viable.

We started on Firetalk, for about 2 years until they sold the bandwidth, then moved to Paltalk, which had a thriving corner of g-rated gaming enthusiasts among a huge population of x-rated chatters. It just got too weird/trolly/pervy there, and our group died out.

Format was typed answers scrolling, with a single microphone that could be passed among members. The emcee/host would talk, and the players would type answers/comments. Lag time was a constant but minor issue, as you usually had to be first on something to get credit. But the technology is light-years beyond that now - the format just worked really well for the types of games we played.

Very open to other formats. Not really up for constant simul video, though. TMI in most cases, especially mine...lol. could be useful for something like Pictionary, though.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
Page 1 of 61234>Last »