1 vote (16.66%)
1 vote (16.66%)

6 members have voted

January 11th, 2018 at 7:25:10 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: odiousgambit
On the other hand, if a player is prodded into accusing early, it just helps the 4 others. Tough position.

Well, I will say giving advice before one's turn is over the line, even if the advice is public. My comment was BBB was made after she concluded her turn. You could argue it could have affected OD's or your behavior but it clearly didn't.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 11th, 2018 at 7:30:38 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Wizard
I don't think I should have to apologize for my remarks.
Absolutely agree
Quote:
The games are starting to get a little stale so made a bit of table talk to spice things up. As long as a statement is made to the whole group, it seems all fair to me.
And again. That game changed in one massive way on BBB's suggestion. It happens and can throw a careful analysed game plan into a dice roll or vice versa
Quote:
In retrospect, I suppose BBB had a 20% chance either way, depending on what room cards she had.
If we'd all patiently taken the corridor, the next round would have demanded accusations from us all, with us each taking our potshots at a fast approaching barn door of a target.
Quote:
When it was my turn, OD and odg were already in position to ask from a virgin room before my next turn, essentially giving them two accusations,
Just needed to get there for a ~40% chance
Quote:
I knew I had to take a 1 in 5 shot.
I knew odg wouldn't. I knew you would :o) It was just a case of waiting to see what the morning brought.
Quote:
I will say that I'd rather lose by making an incorrect accusation than never making one at all. Just me.
I just wanted to make the correct play, win or lose. I think I did. Actually I wanted You or BBB to win if I couldn't, just from a morale point of view, what with recent league table positions.
Quote:
If the group feels there should be a rule against table talk, I'll respect it, but if it's under discussion, I vote against it.
Table talk, banter, mind games : Bring it on, out in the open, but not in a way that could be construed as unfair, such as steering the game to a player by revealing actual data.

I had Green, lead pipe and Ballroom by the way.
January 11th, 2018 at 7:36:02 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
I personally love the table talk.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 11th, 2018 at 7:53:15 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
If it doesn't end in strife, was it really a board game? :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 11th, 2018 at 8:07:12 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Nareed
If it doesn't end in strife, was it really a board game? :)
Can we squabble over the league table too?
How come TheCesspit and Rxwine both won 1 out of 5 games and yet one is rated 0.4 and the other 0.2 ?
LOL. Not complaining really, just stirring the pot.
January 11th, 2018 at 12:39:59 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Table talk is fine. More fun, even. If someone is trying to mislead you, that seems all in the spirit of trying to get away with murder. I had no problem with Wizard's comment on my strategy or anything else that got said. As it turned out, he was right, since miplet was willing to take the same risk I was not.

Seems to me the staleness emanates somewhat from too many (not all) of these games coming down to a room guess. I felt my chances were better, at the time I revealed murderer and weapon, to win if I allowed one more round of guesses, than the 20% I faced with an early accusation. Had miplet guessed wrong, including my library card, along with the Wizard's guess, I would have been picking 1 in 3 instead.

But I think the game would be greatly refreshed with the addition of 1 more suspect. And add the task of figuring out who died.

Or adding 1 more suspects and 1 more weapon. On games of 4 or 5 players, no computer placeholder, there would be equal distribution of 5 or 4 cards.

Both would require some reprogramming, and I'm sure I don't know how extensive it would have to be. So it remains idle talk. And a continued thank you to Miplet for having done so much already.

It's also possible we could change the league scoring some from a future point, not backing up. Perhaps there should be a penalty assessed for making a wrong accusation, like 2x -points, that would keep people running around verifying rooms. Idk.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 11th, 2018 at 3:00:41 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: beachbumbabs
But I think the game would be greatly refreshed with the addition of 1 more suspect. And add the task of figuring out who died.

Or adding 1 more suspects and 1 more weapon. On games of 4 or 5 players, no computer placeholder, there would be equal distribution of 5 or 4 cards.

Both would require some reprogramming, and I'm sure I don't know how extensive it would have to be. So it remains idle talk. And a continued thank you to Miplet for having done so much already.

It's also possible we could change the league scoring some from a future point, not backing up. Perhaps there should be a penalty assessed for making a wrong accusation, like 2x -points, that would keep people running around verifying rooms. Idk.

Yes, my continued thanks to Miplet too. I sometimes forget to say so.

Another way to solve the uneven number of cards, which could work in the board game as well, is to reveal x community cards.

If we had an incorrect accusation penalty I think it would take out an essential element of the game, in my opinion. I can be outvoted but I tend to oppose it but not strongly.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 6 of 6« First<3456