March for Life 2018

Page 9 of 10« First<678910>
January 21st, 2018 at 1:59:01 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
It is the demonizing of anyone who dares speak up for the unborn and denying them the right to live that makes them so awful.

Who's been forcing abortion on women?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 21st, 2018 at 4:46:06 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
No one.

Who is forcibly killing a developing human person?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 21st, 2018 at 5:46:25 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: rxwine
I actually prefer fewer abortions and more life solutions. But since you guys abhor sexual activity of any kind outside of marriage I find your solutions imperfect as well. And if you can't get over that, I certainly will never consider you reasonable.

I'm glad to hear your opinion. I will never consider it reasonable to think that human beings cannot control their sexual urges, especially when so much harm happens to innocent people by the unreasonable suggestions of the hook-up culture or the myth of "safe-sex".
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 21st, 2018 at 5:49:42 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: boymimbo
FrGamble can't find biblical verses to support his view, so his view is just a belief.

I find common sense, logic, and science can also support a view.

Quote:
Life may begin at conception, but for a long time, the Catholic church allowed abortions before "the soul entered the body". Didn't Aquinas say: "“The rational soul ought to be united to a body which may be a suitable organ of sensation… before the body has organs in any way whatever, it cannot be receptive of the soul.”

Why do you want to drag us back to the middle ages? If St. Thomas knew about DNA and what happens at conception, if he could have seen a sonogram than rest assured his quickening idea would have given way to the truth of life begins at conception.
January 21st, 2018 at 5:56:17 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: FrGamble
I find common sense, logic, and science can also support a view.

Why do you want to drag us back to the middle ages? If St. Thomas knew about DNA and what happens at conception, if he could have seen a sonogram than rest assured his quickening idea would have given way to the truth of life begins at conception.

How come God didn't give St. Thomas the knowledge?

"Life begins at conception" still does not has a biblical backup. You tout it because your management touts it. How do you feel about Francis' decision to allow priests to give forgiveness to those who have abortions (given via the year of Mercy and then extended).

Why can't it be "when the soul enters the body?" I like that ambiguity.
January 21st, 2018 at 6:27:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

The soul is just another word for consciousness,
for being self aware. We now know babies in
the womb are very conscious of their surroundings.
There are many people who have memories of
being in the womb.

"Experiments convincingly suggest that unborn babies really do have a capable memory and that it's powerful enough to hold onto memories after birth. In an interview with The New York Times, author Ray Bradbury, known for his strong memory, said, "I have total recall. I remember being born. I remember being in the womb, I remember being inside. Coming out was great."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 21st, 2018 at 6:43:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
The soul is just another word for consciousness,
for being self aware. We now know babies in
being in the womb.

"Experiments convincingly suggest that unborn babies really do have a capable memory and that it's powerful enough to hold onto memories after birth. In an interview with The New York Times, author Ray Bradbury, known for his strong memory, said, "I have total recall. I remember being born. I remember being in the womb, I remember being inside. Coming out was great."

Memory isn't the definition of soul or consciousness. Even flatworms have memories.

Either that, or FrGamble has to contend with all animals on his soul train.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 21st, 2018 at 6:53:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Memory isn't the definition of soul or consciousness. .

Who said it was. Soul and consciousness are
the same thing. Jung said there is a universal
consciousness we're all part of.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 21st, 2018 at 7:21:55 PM permalink
FrGamble

"Life begins at conception" still does not has a biblical backup.

You do know that the Bible is not the sole source of all knowledge don't you?

Quote:
You tout it because your management touts it.

Putting aside this logical fallacy and then your following misdirection, I think I have been clear that I believe life begins at conception because it is the only logically consistent position, it is the most careful about protecting the infinite value of every human life, and it is scientifically true.

Quote:
How do you feel about Francis' decision to allow priests to give forgiveness to those who have abortions (given via the year of Mercy and then extended).

If it wasn't already the case that just about every priest in the world could forgive those who had, engaged in, or supported an abortion then I would be happy. As it is it was a non-story to those who know anything about Catholicism and have experienced the powerful unconditional love and freedom of forgiveness that comes from our Heavenly Father.

Quote:

Would seem that would be at conception wouldn't it?
January 21st, 2018 at 7:26:22 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
.... We now know babies in
being in the womb.

"Experiments convincingly suggest that unborn babies really do have a capable memory and that it's powerful enough to hold onto memories after birth.
One of my grandkids gets a lot of stitches. Just the way it is.

This summer he was in emergency for something or other. Four or five people in the room and the Dr. comes in. The grandkid tells him, " I remember you". The Dr. asked him how. The kid says, first I was in water, than there was a big whoosh, then there was you. Turns out that Dr. had delivered him 8 years ago. Everyone in the room took a bit of a gasp. Pretty surreal at the time.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 9 of 10« First<678910>