Stockton UBI experiment

Page 5 of 5« First<2345
March 12th, 2021 at 4:45:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

If anything UBI may (this is pure speculation) lower property taxes in some cities because UBI would allow local governments to save money from giving programs for people that were in need before... UBI would certainly increase Federal taxes, but it would not have a negative effect on local taxes...... (some speculative arguments could be made that it could even lower them....) But jumping from "4k to 25k" a year for property taxes, that is pure fear-mongering that is not founded on any basis......

You actually think a local government, ANY government would lower taxes? Have you not seen how liberals scream bloody murder when there is talk of any tax cut anywhere?

Really, you need to start seeing the world as it is.
The President is a fink.
March 13th, 2021 at 5:30:58 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
Why would a Federal program influence property taxes?

Property taxes are (basically) exclusively a city or county government tax, this is not something that UBI would (on even the most extreme anti-UBI examples) influence at all.... I fail to see any argument that UBI would effect local millage rates.....

If anything UBI may (this is pure speculation) lower property taxes in some cities because UBI would allow local governments to save money from giving programs for people that were in need before... UBI would certainly increase Federal taxes, but it would not have a negative effect on local taxes...... (some speculative arguments could be made that it could even lower them....) But jumping from "4k to 25k" a year for property taxes, that is pure fear-mongering that is not founded on any basis......

My example was to show how much it would cost. We have no idea what exact taxes would be raised to pay for it, frankly. I'm sure those proposing it will always say there will be some new tax on 'the rich' that will take care of it.

It is just so simple minded...... (UBI)
Page 5 of 5« First<2345