Green (Wiz)
Accuses Colonel Mustard with Knife in Billiard Room on Sunday
Wrong!

Uh!
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 23rd, 2018 at 4:43:46 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
My Lord, what a screwed up game! Trying not to laugh, since I screwed up first.But, man....
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 23rd, 2018 at 8:58:07 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: beachbumbabs
My Lord, what a screwed up game! Trying not to laugh, since I screwed up first.But, man....

I can't believe I saw another turn and still couldn't win. It came down to a roll of the dice.

Dramatic game. I will refrain from being specific until it's over.

I should be back home late Saturday. Up to group if you want to wait for me if you start up game 51. I'm happy to go last if that can be arranged.
February 23rd, 2018 at 9:00:43 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Peacock (odg)
Enters Conservatory
Suggests Mrs. White with Revolver in Conservatory on Sunday
Plum (bbb) can't disprove
Scarlet (OD) can't disprove
Mustard (mip) can't disprove
White (gmr) can't disprove
Green (Wiz) disproves

Peacock (odg)
Accuses Colonel Mustard with Knife in Library on Sunday
Winner!

well, well, well .... I couldnt prove Wizard didnt have Dining Rm so I was sweating it!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 23rd, 2018 at 9:14:50 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: odiousgambit
Peacock (odg)
Enters Conservatory
Suggests Mrs. White with Revolver in Conservatory on Sunday
Plum (bbb) can't disprove
Scarlet (OD) can't disprove
Mustard (mip) can't disprove
White (gmr) can't disprove
Green (Wiz) disproves

Peacock (odg)
Accuses Colonel Mustard with Knife in Library on Sunday
Winner!

well, well, well .... I couldnt prove Wizard didnt have Dining Rm so I was sweating it!

Congratulations! Not that I wish a loss on anyone but I'm happy to see you get this one. Big five points too.

On my turn I could narrow the room down to the Dining Room, Ballroom, Billiard Room, and Library.

Although the Dining room has been very good to me, and I knew only you, mip, or bbb had it, I had a feeling Barb and mip didn't suggest it because they had it or knew who did. The Ballroom I could narrow down to just you or bbb. Again, it seemed suspiciously ignored. No, it had to be an overlooked room, which was the Library or Billiard room. I didn't have a coin at hand so I assigned the Billiard room "even" and the Library "odd" and plucked a random bill out of my wallet and based on decision on the serial number. Lucky for you it was even.

BTW, I screwed up on my suggestion two turns ago with the Wrench. Meant to put in lead pipe but I had just woke up, didn't have my coffee yet, and just entered the wrong one. Did my suggesting the wrench lead anyone astray?
February 23rd, 2018 at 9:33:53 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
My haphazard notes led to me making a few incorrect deductions. But...I think I have a better process and format nailed down now, and I created print out detective sheet to fill in by pencil. I thought about just doing it all in excel, but I like doing these types of games on pencil and paper.

Wiz’s hiding of the conservatory is what I think tripped me up the most, and I was able to deduce the fewest of his cards as well. Also the huge amount of turns it took for us to reveal whether Miplet had Mustard or Monday.
February 23rd, 2018 at 10:39:57 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Congrats odiousgambit! This was definitely a good game. I had it down to 2 weapons and with Wiz the only one that could have Conservatory and with everyone else able to get there next turn, I knew I had to guess.

I’ll set up game 51 in the morning. We can wait for Wiz if he happens to go early. It’s not like 1 extra day is going to hurt us.

Cards shown to you:
Green (Wiz) has Thursday
White (gmr) has Friday
Peacock (odg) has Ballroom
White (gmr) has Hall
Green (Wiz) has Wrench
() has

Cards you have shown:
Plum (bbb) was shown Monday
Plum (bbb) was shown Kitchen
Scarlet (OD) was shown Monday
White (gmr) was shown Kitchen
Green (Wiz) was shown Monday
Peacock (odg) was shown Monday
Scarlet (OD) was shown Tuesday

Your cards in the order that they will be shown if there is more than one. If you have already shown a player a card, it will take priority.
Kitchen
Tuesday
Wednesday
Monday

I’d like to point out that card order seems to be really important. I didn’t change them mid game, but you can.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 24th, 2018 at 1:20:06 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: miplet
Congrats odiousgambit! This was definitely a good game..

Seconded on both counts.
It was a good struggle. Without the dummy players, we were forced to summon each other to rooms and sometimes that was an advantage and sometimes a PITA. Some interesting mistakes made, including by myself where I had marked miplet as holding conservatory. It was a real tough decision for me to not accuse as I was in 1 in 5 territory and after bbb's turn, could see the crescendo coming.
February 24th, 2018 at 4:42:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Yeah, a fun game after all ... I was irritated at the phase where we all decided to ask Mustard practically the same suggestion, which I thought meant the game would be over soon. But a good game after all.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 9 of 10« First<678910>