Dish Network is in Serious trouble

February 22nd, 2018 at 12:50:11 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Dish Network, the owner of SlingTV streaming service , is in serious trouble. Some think T-Mobile will buy them out, but T-Mobile just bought Layer3TV.

T-Mobile may be poised to make a major move on television, both cellular and streaming over home internet. They keep hinting that they will combine them in a new way.
February 22nd, 2018 at 1:27:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I enjoy listening to John Legere as he is often on CNBC. When I first saw him I thought he was just some tech nerd that got lucky. Today I really respect a lot of his business decisions.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 22nd, 2018 at 1:39:17 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: DRich
I enjoy listening to John Legere as he is often on CNBC. When I first saw him I thought he was just some tech nerd that got lucky. Today I really respect a lot of his business decisions.

I really wonder what John Legere has planned. This CNBC interview from with T-Mobile COO Mike Sievert two months ago is notable by the fact that it reveals nothing.
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/12/13/t-mobile-coo-we-are-entering-the-100-billion-paid-television-market.html

Layer3 went into business as a luxury streaming product. Their advertising said they were interested in the customer who wanted a better service than traditional cable television, but not necessarily a cheaper one. T-Mobile bases their advertising on offering a low cost competitor to Verizon and AT&T.