Trump's crib sheet for mass shooting families

Page 2 of 2<12
February 23rd, 2018 at 7:41:27 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
"Trump didn't have a crib sheet. And if he did, he didn't need it. And if he did, you don't understand why. And if you do, others have done worse."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 23rd, 2018 at 7:59:42 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Yesterday Drudge had a pic of the same pose but with no note card. I also saw a wider angle with a "45" on the shirt cuff, which makes no sense.

Calling fake until a wide angle shows him holding it along with the same close up.

Holy s&#*.

This shows you just how brain washed the righties are by right wing media.

The picture is absolutely NOT fake.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 23rd, 2018 at 8:16:02 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: kenarman
I always had notes when I went into a room full of people where I was the key speaker.

I don't think the issue is having notes, or even the fact that the POTUS has speech writers. There was considerable debate about Reagan's speech of June 12, 1987. Some writers felt it was too confrontational.

We welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace. There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace. General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization, come here to this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!
February 23rd, 2018 at 8:28:35 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Mixed bag on this.

Everybody has talking or bullet points they want to be sure they make. Cameras were on, meeting was sure to be minutely examined by all sides.

It's not so much that he needed to be told to say something; he needed a reminder of at least 5 things he wanted to say. Standard understanding of those who study it is that humans generally don't keep more than 3 things of a list in mind. He had at least 5 he wanted to be seen saying.

The picture is an opportunity to make a political comment somewhat disassociated and off-topic about Trump having to be reminded or to remind himself to say something caring. Opportunity taken.

OTOH, I really doubt he wrote that list himself. But it could have been generated by pre-discussion planning in which he participated. Or it could have been evidence of puppetry.

A small thing, but I would think a list HE wrote or generated would be on a notepad that said "From the desk of DJT/the President/something like that". "The White House" wouldn't be good enough for a guy who makes his millions plastering his name on stuff, from buildings to bottles.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 23rd, 2018 at 8:37:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The Trump haters on this board should listen to themselves sometimes. Trump speaks off the cuff, that is bad. Trump has speaking notes for a speech, that is bad. Good speakers almost always have notes when they are giving a speech. I am not sure why the notes are even news. I always had notes when I went into a room full of people where I was the key speaker.

Huh
I never made fun of the note
I made fun of a conservative that says the picture is fake.
Its obviously not fake
Too me, the news is that some conservatives cant deal with the reality that the note is real
Its AZ's absurd comment that is keeping this thread going
Thanks AZ

By the way, I use notes. Plastered all over my monitor. My monitor is sticky note central lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 23rd, 2018 at 8:40:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Sort of echoing what Kenarman said, but having a crib sheet before a speech or Q and A session should not be news. It is only news because the liberal biased media sees Trump and salivates. Does anyone think my picture of Chuck Shumer with prepared notes would make ams and terapined gaga?

On a separate topic, DJT announced his first year was the best in the history of the Presidency. Better than 1945, 1856, 1918, 1789, etc....I wonder where it would actually fall among the 230 or so years we have had a President. I know its not first, and I know its not last.
February 23rd, 2018 at 8:43:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Yesterday Drudge had a pic of the same pose but with no note card. I also saw a wider angle with a "45" on the shirt cuff, which makes no sense.

Calling fake until a wide angle shows him holding it along with the same close up.

Quote: SOOPOO
Sort of echoing what Kenarman said, but having a crib sheet before a speech or Q and A session should not be news. It is only news because the liberal biased media sees Trump and salivates. Does anyone think my picture of Chuck Shumer with prepared notes would make ams and terapined gaga?

lol
I am not going gaga over the note
I am going gaga over AZ saying the picture is fake
Again, thanks AZ for the chuckle

My computer monitor is surrounded by sticky notes
I could show a picture but I am sure AZ will pipe in and say all my notes are fake
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 23rd, 2018 at 8:49:49 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
The Trump haters on this board should listen to themselves sometimes. Trump speaks off the cuff, that is bad. Trump has speaking notes for a speech, that is bad. Good speakers almost always have notes when they are giving a speech. I am not sure why the notes are even news. I always had notes when I went into a room full of people where I was the key speaker.

And there ARE no Obama haters on this board? No Hillary haters?

The fact that the president had notes is not the issue. It's what the note said. Notes are news when one of the key points should be freaking obvious: "I hear you". If you have to remind a president how to be empathetic (which it appears all the points pertain too -- two are hidden), that is not a president that I would want in office. And he wasn't giving a speech. He was in his home room.

Soopoo, if someone discovered that your note pad said, "pretend you're an anesthesiologist", or 'speak words" it might be newsworthy (if you were actually a newsworthy person - you probably are, especially if I'm your patient). Reminding any person in office to listen to their constituents is analogous to the same thing.

I have to listen to clients all of the time. Been working with different ones from the clerk to the COO for 15 years now. My primary job is to listen. If I had a note on a card that said "I hear you". I would be laughed out of the building.
February 23rd, 2018 at 8:59:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donald has a crib sheet with "I hear you" as one of the points and our resident righties act like that's a perfectly normal thing for someone to need to be reminded of.

Meanwhile, they are still going on about Obama slipping up and saying "58 states" 10 years ago.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 2 of 2<12