Brand Loyalty

Page 1 of 3123>
February 28th, 2018 at 7:59:28 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I would be interested in items in which members have brand loyalty.

In general I am rather frugal and don't have many items that brand loyalty is important to me. There are two exceptions that I can think of. I will not buy any peanut butter other than JIF or any microwave popcorn besides Orville Redenbacher. Those are just two things that I have not found any other brand that I think even comes close to my tastes.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 28th, 2018 at 8:48:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I have off brand loyalty. I will not buy
any brand name if a store brand is
available. I worked in a cookie factory
50 years ago and we made the exact
same cookies for name brands and
store brands. Same cookies went in
different named packages.

Ever since then I have always bought
store brand. If a store brand is not
available, I buy whats cheapest in
known brands. But I see people all
the time buy the most name brand
products there are, when they are
no better than store brand 99% of
the time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 28th, 2018 at 11:12:50 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Best foods mayonnaise, Heinz ketchup and French's mustard
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 28th, 2018 at 11:38:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph

If I were to test your with Kraft
mayo and Walmart mustard,
you couldn't tell the difference.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 1st, 2018 at 12:24:21 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
If I were to test your with Kraft
mayo and Walmart mustard,
you couldn't tell the difference.
Maybe? But I know I don't like Miracle whip. Can't say as I've tried WM mustard . Best foods mayo I believe is Hellman's in the Eastern side of the US.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 1st, 2018 at 1:02:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Maybe? But I know I don't like Miracle whip. Can't say as I've tried WM mustard

MW is not mayo, it's sandwich spread.
It has a ton of sugar in it.
March 1st, 2018 at 2:25:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Heinz Ketechup
Cherokee Red Cherry Soda, though just when I want cherry
Wal-Mart ground chuck

Those are two of the biggies, though I do not buy a ton of either. They are part of several items I will buy because I like that item. Some "brand loyal" things I buy I only pick up at the regular sales.
The President is a fink.
March 1st, 2018 at 2:44:17 AM permalink
Evenbob
1979, Marlboro's in the box. 50 cents
a pack, $4.99 a carton. Fire brewed
Strohs Beer, the best.
March 1st, 2018 at 4:55:56 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154

Hellman's mayo, French's Mustard. There is such a thing as the store brand not being "same thing different package" but I generally buy off-brand. My wife generally does not.

There is also such a thing as not being able to tell a difference in a single 'taste test' but being able to tell a difference over time. That was the case when I smoked cigarettes, a lot of differences that were quite real but hard to detect blindfolded with a single cig or two. And famously Coke finding people preferred New Coke in taste tests, but when it came to drinking cokes regularly finding New Coke basically sucked.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 1st, 2018 at 6:09:11 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: odiousgambit
There is also such a thing as not being able to tell a difference in a single 'taste test' but being able to tell a difference over time. That was the case when I smoked cigarettes, a lot of differences that were quite real but hard to detect blindfolded with a single cig or two. And famously Coke finding people preferred New Coke in taste tests, but when it came to drinking cokes regularly finding New Coke basically sucked.

New Coke was introduced in April 1985 by the Coca-Cola Company to replace the original formula of its famous soft drink Coca-Cola. People hated the new flavor and were outraged about the change, so Coke quickly went back to making the original flavor. Many people consider this one of the worst business decisions ever.

The conspiracy: Coke knew exactly what was going to happen. They decided to go through with this decision since they knew they could cut costs by switching from cane sugar to corn syrup in their drinks. However, they feared everyone would notice the change. Coke decided to release New Coke and then switch back to the "original" coke which was now made with corn syrup, but it would be much less obvious for consumers to notice.
Page 1 of 3123>